Iron Logic

Event Rewards Suggestion

Honestly, I love and hate the way Runex events work. Most servers have a little quest style thing and a 1 time reward, but Runex events become the #1 money maker on the server for like a month, causing myself to grind hard at the beginning, think wtf am I doing with my life and quit for a week and then come back at the end to finish the chest. I steer clear from playing Runex during events because I don't get to play the game until I finish the chest. 

So I want to go over some items that we often see as rewards for these events, I'll mainly be speaking from the perspective of an ironman, because I am an ironman and things that effect ironmen generally effect mains in a similar way.

Cosmetics and Pets

• [Event] Partyhat - Good reward, should always be included in the chest.
  • [New Event] Partyhat - Good reward, should always be in the chest.
  • Event boss pet - Good reward, should always be in the chest.
  • Event NPC pet - Good reward, should always be in the chest.
  • ONE New event outfit - Good reward, should always be in the chest. 
  • ONE Event Tonic
  • ONE event Flippers
    ALL Previous event rares, cosmetics, tonics and pets should be excluded from the chest. It is just junk filler that most players drop, especially ironmen. These should be added to an event currency store where players who wish to, can purchase the previous events items for a decently high currency cost. 
    We should not have 100 new cosmetics every event, it extremely over saturates the items and takes away any feeling of the outfit/items being special.

Boxes - The real reason people do these events.

• Runecoin Boxes [3-5] - A decent reward as most items you can get have a relatively low price and ironmen aren't actually missing out on any content by getting a high end item such as a grand looting bag, they merely lose some of the grind. 
  • Pet Mystery Boxes [5-10]- These have to be added, I don't recall a way for ironmen to get pet accessories, bar a few extremely rare ones, from any source other than donator tickets/in-name donations. Still a great reward for mains as well. 
  • Pandoras Boxes [3-5]- A tricky reward, from memory you can get prize seeds, grand crests and some other higher end boxes from these as well as tokens to buy more pandoras boxes or bonds. I like these because prize seeds and grand crests are good rewards in their own right. 
  • Sacred Tokens [5-10] - A decent reward for ironmen as they are quite rare to come by in general play, even when using sacred accessories. The price of tokens are generally dictated by the price of the items such as korasi sword which is already dictated by its high runecoin price so over saturation will not be an issue.
  • Sack of Tokens [5] - General filler
  • Sack of Riches [5] - General filler
  • Back of tokens [10] - General filler
  • Bag of Riches [10] - General filler
  • Prize Seeds [10] - General Filler, slight community interaction, "Pwease pick my fwower"
  • Epic Crystal Key [10] - General Filler, no overaturation as crystal chest sucks eggs.
  • [Event] Donator Mystery Box [10] - General Filler
  • Ultimate Prize Box [10] - General Filler
  • Prize Chest [5] - General filler, helps those who want to go for enchantment chest rolls.
  • Epic Bonus Chest [10] - General filler, but really boring. 10000 runex points 95% of the time.
  • 50 Luck Tokens [1] - General Filler, great for newer players to get tokens to use on the event boss.
  • Event Elixir [5-10] - General Filler, great for use in the event
  • Dragon Impling Jar [5] - General Filler, exposes newer players to the OP impling hunter system.
  • Minigame Mystery Boxes [5-10] - Decent late chest item, offers some great rewards but balances out with quite shite ones. 
  • Grand Crests [3-5] - Great reward to add as the majority of items are 'rips', the decent rewards are already controlled by runecoin prices and the uber reward is something we need more of in the economy for grand ring I rolls. 

What Boxes not to have.

• Donator Mystery Chests - These are completely destroying both the economy and the spirit of ironman mode. Unlike runecoin boxes, the items you can get from mystery chests are incredibly end game and rob players of hours/weeks of content.

- Blow Pipe,
- Serpentine,
- Draconic,
- Nardah Robes,
- Mystic Sand,
- Choas Book/Blessing,
- Nardah Wand,
- 3rd age items, like the longsword and tools,
- Cerberus Boots,
- All Godswords and armour sets,
- Zenyte Jewellery
- Lava Pendant,
- Sunspear,
- Molten Gauntlets/Gloves,
- Thief/elemental blessing,
- Gilded Cannon,
- Corp Sigils,

The list could go on, but I think the point is clear, an ironman could get all of these items without doing any of the content.
The weeks of raids and over 2500 rune dragon kills to get a draconic platebody I went through, oh just do the event, I got full draconic before I could wear it.
How about the event being the primary source of certain items? 
Sunspear? What even is kharazi.
Thiefs Blessing? Event exclusive right?
Blowpipes? Zulrah aint 1 in 300 man
Again could go on..

It's all about the spirit of ironman mode. If you honestly want to play ironman, but get all these items handed to you, you may as well de-iron, [Looks are Bears >:)]. 
But specifically for Ryan, players are being robbed of the Runex experience, grinding out a blowpipe was a week or so for me. That's a week of active play on your server. Active players are more likely to donate and vote and be active in the community, if players get all these items handed to them they will get bored really fast and quit. 

• Prize Keys - Just take the previous issue and "Guarantee" it. 
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for making this post +1 hope the summer event gets some changes.

Can support this as it ruins the rarity of the 3rd age items such as axe, cloak etc

I agree, it sucks for Ironmen and feel like the chests + keys just takes away the satisfaction of being an Ironman. If other players want key + chest they can go to the donor store but I don't think that reward should be for Ironmen.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Iron Logic said:

What Boxes not to have.

• Donator Mystery Chests - These are completely destroying both the economy and the spirit of ironman mode. Unlike runecoin boxes, the items you can get from mystery chests are incredibly end game and rob players of hours/weeks of content.

- Blow Pipe,
- Serpentine,
- Draconic,
- Nardah Robes,
- Mystic Sand,
- Choas Book/Blessing,
- Nardah Wand,
- 3rd age items, like the longsword and tools,
- Cerberus Boots,
- All Godswords and armour sets,
- Zenyte Jewellery
- Lava Pendant,
- Sunspear,
- Molten Gauntlets/Gloves,
- Thief/elemental blessing,
- Gilded Cannon,
- Corp Sigils,

Absolutely agree with almost everything you listed being removed. 

I’ve got over 2.4k zulrah kc and my only loot has been a tanzanite mutagen. It’s ridiculous that ironmen who have never killed a single zulrah have a blowpipe (2nd best range weapon) and a serp helm through an event when you basically cant get them from zulrah. 

Draconic armor (bis melee armor) and molten gaunts/boots (2nd best hybrid gloves/boots) should be raids/crest exclusives, they having them in donor boxes/chests devalues raids, which is one of the only pieces of end game content we have.

Nardah robes (2nd best mage robes) sand mystic (2nd best melee armor), nardah wand, and chaos blessing/book (bis mage blessing and book) should absolutely not be in donor boxes/chests. Aside from the mummy daily (which isn’t very good anyways, gold keys are really bad) nardah is not worth doing. The droprates for uniques are pitiful, and the tomb keys give junk 99% of the time. Why would a new player do 200+ nardah runs to get 1 sand mystic or nardah piece when they can afk an event for a few hours and get better stuff that way? Nardah wand and chaos blessing/book come from nardah imps (which only show up in like 1:500 nardah runs) and gold keys (only 7 of these have come into the game from gold keys). If you can’t viably obtain these from nardah, uou shouldn’t be able to get them from a donor chest.

3rd age weapons/tools should be exclusive rewards from master tasks, and them being in donor chests makes master tasks even less worth doing. 

Cerberus boots should be from cerberus, not an event. The way things are, cerberus is really only worth doing for a smouldering stone. 

GWD gear is fine because the armor and weapons aren’t very good, and they don’t really make GWD useless because of crest piece drops. 

Zenytes are way too rare as it is, so I’m not completely against zenyte equipment being in the chest, but they should be more rare. Demonic gorillas have been dead content for a while because ballistas are useless and camping for zenytes isn’t worth it.

Lava pendants aren’t the worst thing to be in the chests, but they do devalue lava keys and lava demons a bit.

Sunspear is extremely OP (one of the best, if not the best, melee weapon when used with karamja gloves 3). The jungle demon is dead content, and has been for a while. Sunspear is the only good drop, and it’s rarer than a zenyte from demonic gorillas. Plus, jungle demon takes a while to kill even with a cursed blade or sunspear, and you have to constantly pray switch to not die. The jungle demom daily just isn’t worth doing anymore since ckeys and prize boxes got nerfed so hard, and 3 bags of riches aren’t worth your time. If sunspear is going to be this stupidly rare and powerful, 19 of them shouldn’t have come into the game from the event. 

No one does rogues chest or chaos ele to get the thief’s/ele blessing and people who get them don’t even use them because they aren’t useful. They are fine imo.

Gilded cannon is in the same boat as the runecoin box rewards, where it isn’t a rare drop, its just an item that takes a lot of points to buy. I think it’s fine in the chest.

Corp has been not worth killing for a while because the sigils are WAY too rare and, aside from spectral to kill cerberus, the spirit shields are pretty useless. That being said, corp’s drop table should be buffed rather than just throwing his drops into donor chests. 

Edited by Lava
  • Like 4