S

HC Status and Easter Event?

So Chungus spawned and I went there. It was never expressed that death to Chungus is a normal, non-Easter event death, meaning if a Hc dies to him, they lose it.  Had I known it would be, I wouldn't have gone. As soon as I got to Chungus, I dc'd. My internet was fine because I immediately logged in to my alternate account and yelled I dc'd. I'm sure people can vouch I yelled. Apparently, you're supposed to log out immediately if you're not in combat when a DC happens. Well, since Chungus was hitting me periodically, it couldn't log out right away, meaning my character kept getting attacked. When I logged in, I had five HP and another attack hit me, meaning I got killed and lost my Hardcore status.

Since the wyrms at the Easter event are a safe death, why isn't Chungus? It doesn't make sense for those to be but not the rest of the event. Since it wasn't stated Chungus kills are non-safe, can I get my HC back? Not only was it a DC, but it was part of the Easter event which is safe elsewhere (excluding Wild, which is obviously not safe...). It's not very fair in my opinion that it was lost to a DC and from something implied to be safe. :T

I can vouch that this player DC'd at big chungus, as well as yelling on his alternate account directly after. 

While I don't think that chungus should be a safe death considering those safe death locations are area specific rather than NPC specific. However I do see the confusion. 

I myself was DCing multiple times today without reason, so this may have been a client issue rather than a personal internet issue. 

I'd like to see his status returned given the nature of this very unfair death that was not the users fault. 

• Like 1

Hello @S.

I will submit a ticket to get this looked into, and to see if we can get your hardcore status returned to you.

Usually takes 48 hours or less to complete, occasionally longer.

Ramzi or Ryan will reply to this post when completed/come to a conclusion.

Thank you for your patience.

• Like 1

Alright. Thank you for letting me know @James. It's super, super appreciated.

Also thanks to @Iron Logic for the vouch. I'm very glad SOMEONE posted they saw and agree it's pretty unfair. I truthfully expected to be told it's my fault and that I shouldn't get the rank back. I really appreciate it, dude. ❤️

Just now, James said:

You don't ask, you won't know.

Worth a try nonetheless.

I only posted because Lava told me he lost his during a DC as well and he was refunded so I had a pretty decent shot at it being returned. If not... well... I don't know.

Normally if a scenario is considered safe for HCIM it will be explicitly stated on the update topic, otherwise you should always assume it's dangerous.

The good news is that after checking logs we were able to confirm the eligibility of a rank refund (there have been some confirmed connectivity issues in the last 24 hours).

Your rank has been refunded.

Thanks,
Ryan

• Like 1