nota

Skilling Master

I've been wanting to make a suggestion list on the skilling master for a while now, but never really had the motivation to do it, nevertheless here it is.

1) When you hit level 99 in a skill you should get the best possible task for that skill. EX. When you hit level 99 in FM, WC, Cooking you should be getting tasks that request you cook sharks, burn magic logs, or cut magic logs, instead of cooking lobsters, burning yew logs or cutting yew logs.

2) Changing the actual tasks. I'd personally like to see these skills get changed,

• Agility - While I have no problem with the low level tasks (aka gnome and barb) when you get to the wildy course it can get annoying, specially when your a Hardcore/Ultimate. While I can't really suggest anything that's currently in-game to fix this, I can hope that the rooftop courses get added, will add a link to a suggestion that talks about rooftop Agility.
  • Herblore - While Herblore isn't that big of a deal for mains, it can be for irons. Having to turn in 70+ potions can be a pain and just not worth it. I'd personally like to see this number decreased to around 40-60.
  • Hunter - I'd like to see tasks that make us catch red chins between having to run around and catch imps.
  • Fetching - Lower the amount of bows needed to be strung. Add cutting logs into long bows as a task to mix it up a bit. For ironmen getting a large amount of bow strings can be a pain, with you either having to kill kurask's or make it yourself.
  • Smithing - Lower the amount of bars you need to make per task, while also asking us to make platebody's or scims.
  • Crafting - Once you hit that level that allows you to cut onyx's that's all you get for tasks. I'd like to see him giving us tasks that asks us to craft a small amount of rings or amulets instead of just cutting gems.

3) Give us a option when turning in the items. Having to turn in the items has always been a down side to the skilling master. Instead of forcing us to turn in our items we should be able to have a couple options.

• Keep it the same as it is right now, turn in the items for 2.5m coins.
  • Turn in everything and instead of the 2.5m you could get a extra skilling point.
  • The third option could be you keep the items and don't get the 2.5m and/or you get one less skilling point

4) Low level tasks - Getting a task that makes you cut 200+ normal logs or to light 200+ logs is horrible. I'd like to see 50-100 items for a task instead of getting 200+. This would affect skills like WC, FM, Fishing, Cooking, and a slight decrease for mining and smithing.

5) Outfits - The skilling outfits are amazing, pretty sure everyone who has them likes them and wouldn't mind if there was more outfits for Fletching, Smithing, Crafting, Herblore, or Runecrafting.

6) Skipping tasks - Reducing the amount of skilling points needed to skip a task from 3 down to 1.

Link to Agility Courses suggestion: https://runex.io/forums/index.php?/topic/8814-52xps-suggestions-minigames-pvm-pvp-much-more/

Feedback is appreciated.

Edited by nota
Changed/added a few things that Logic brought up.
  • Like 2

+1 fully support these ideas are great and i highly agree that once you get 99 in a skill it should not give you some bs low level task like fishing shrimps tbh 

1. I'd support limiting it to the top 2-3 things you can do in that skill. Else some of the task would become either too easy or too tedious depending on the task.

Agility: Sure, whenever they get added.
Herblore: No support, herblore is easy since you can buy almost all secondaries and herbs are frequent pvm drops.
Hunter: Support. 
Fletching: I'd support still stringing them but having the amount halved. No need to make tasks easier just because people don't want to kill 5 kurasks. 
Smithing: I'd support still smelting bars but changing the amounts.
Crafting: I still get dragonstone cutting tasks at 99. Crafting rings and amulets might be decent tasks but much smaller amounts.

3. Support on the 3rd option.

4. A lot of low level tasks are tedious, support balancing them. 

5. No support on more outfits, especially through these means at the current time. 

Big support for all these options, also give chances for higher level hunter the chance to go for red chins instead of imp hunting.