Vintage

2 minute 10 second hydra kill

Quick video showing how I kill Hydra with BIS gear and infernal elixir, wasn't perfect I can get kills down to 1:45-1:50 but it's more to show where I stand and run etc.

Gear used: Frost Slayer Helm (on task), Infernal Max Cape, Sanguinesti Pendant, Dragon Arrows, Twisted Bow, Morrigans Leatherbody, Morrigans Chaps, Corrupted Bracelet (i), Boots of Stone, Ring of Law

Ignore the black space on the side of the screen pls ty

Edit: Some things I've noticed in 100~ Hydra kills that aren't in any guides

0:23 - Hydra sprays acid after the first 3 ranged attacks of the kill, so you don't really need to count the attacks at the start. Just switch to mage pray after Hydra sprays acid.

0:35 - It's fine to lure Hydra to this acid pool even on 1st phase. If you pray correctly it won't hit you and the damage buff from the pool doesn't matter. This just saves time luring the second phase to the pool after you kill Phase 1.

0:57 - I'm not worried about lightning spawning here right away. It normally takes at least 3 attacks for the lightning to spawn so I don't need to worry about running until after 4-5 hits from Hydra.

1:10 - Once again I don't mind running directly west when the lightning comes. As long as you pray correctly, the damage buff from the chemicals doesn't matter, and it saves time luring the 3rd phase onto that pool to lower defence when it spawns.

1:20 - Third phase almost always (I'd say 95%) moves to the middle of the room after it attacks you twice. There's only been a handful of times it has gone to the middle after 1 hit. More importantly, those hits count towards the attack style changing. This means that after the flames spawn, Hydra will attack you once with the style it was using, then it switches.

2:08 - Same as the 1st phase, Hydra sprays acid on the floor after it does 3 attacks. For example, it will attack with Ranged, Mage, Ranged, Acid, then it keeps the cycle and attacks with Mage.

Edited by Vintage
  • Like 1