52xp

52xp's Suggestions (Minigames, PvM, PvP & MUCH more!)

tBJTHkW.png
My goal with this is to all-around improve Runex for the vast majority of it's players.
This includes, but is not limited to, various skilling, PvM and Quality of Life updates.
I have tried my best to suggest things with as much balance and fairness as possible.
Feel free to give me your feedback if you feel I haven't accomplished this.

DhM3fEa.png

POWER CREEP
This doesn't need a picture to catch anyone's attention. This suggestion is at the top for a reason.
The power creep in Runex is unbelievably prevalent and unavoidable at this point.

How many people do you see running around in Bandos? Lava D'hide? Nardah Robes?
The alternative, more powerful armors are way too easily accessible even for new players.

This has not only ruined the price of HUNDREDS of items, but also ruined their boss as a moneymaking method.
On top of this, it allows for an already inflated economy to have crashes on dozens of items EVERY DAY.

I would LOVE to elaborate extensively on this with you, Ryan (or Ramzi, Nate) in PMs on Discord.

DhM3fEa.png

KJED9vS.png

I think it's safe to say that we could use another method to train agility.
As of now, the only plausible method to 99 involves risking your KDR, items, etc.
This could be avoided easily by adding these courses, and I think almost anyone you ask will agree.

The rewards for these courses could be as followed:

LVL - LOCATION - REWARD PER LAP

Agility icon 10 - Draynor - Mark of grace1 Mark
Agility icon 20 - Al Kharid - Mark of grace1 Mark
Agility icon 30 - Varrock - Mark of grace2 Marks
Agility icon 40 - Canifis - Mark of grace2 Marks
Agility icon 50 - Falador - Mark of grace3 Marks
Agility icon 60 - Seers' - Mark of grace3 Marks
Agility icon 70 - Pollniv - Mark of grace4 Marks
Agility icon 80 - Rellekka - Mark of grace4 Marks
Agility icon 90 - Ardougne - Mark of grace5 Marks

This should avoid an extreme flood of Marks of Grace and be generous XP/Marks at the same time.

Potential (base) experience rates for these locations can be found here:
https://oldschoolrunescape.wikia.com/wiki/Rooftop_Agility_Courses

DhM3fEa.png

nWTnSd8.png

As of right now, Granite is by far the most efficient method to obtain 99 Mining. While this is fast for some, it's dreadful for others.
Players on the Prime (or even Supreme) game mode struggle most often with Mining, in my experience here on Runex.

Not only would this bring life to raw materials such as uncut gems and ores, but it would be better experience and more fun.
Below is an idea of what the rewards from Motherlode Mining could be:
d31257bfea83025ff350ebfbf0e4620b.png

And, of course, potential rewards for Volcanic Mining:
18600289ab987d97477e6d6b1e48c456.png

While Blast Mining would obtain the same experience as current gems/ores..
Below is the wiki for Volcanic Mining, to give you an idea on some (base) exp rates for it:
https://oldschoolrunescape.wikia.com/wiki/Volcanic_mine

DhM3fEa.png

pbiPUtq.png

Currently on Runex, the fastest Farming method is simply to plant the best Herb seed, dig it up, and repeat. 
To be entirely blunt, this should never be the best experience -- or even close -- and this suggestion fixes that.

I believe that having a better method to train, all while adding various new drops to NPCS, helps us all.
Higher tier slayer monsters, such as Dark Beasts, could have an Uncommon/Rare chance to drop higher tier seeds.
wvsigM5.png

Using the link below, you can see the various Tree Patches of OSRS:
https://oldschoolrunescape.wikia.com/wiki/Farming/Patch_locations#Tree_patches

DhM3fEa.png

FARMING PATCHES
LhdBPUB.png

It goes without saying that Farming could use a lot of additional work, even if our current Farming is okay as is.
There would be nothing but benefits for everyone if more patches were added across Runex, such as the ones above.

We only have the (herb) patches located in red and could benefit extremely from even 1 or 2 of the others being added.

DhM3fEa.png

3sm05em.png

Let's face it - Firemaking is currently a very boring, click intensive skill with absolutely no reward.
This can be fixed easily with the addition of Wintertodt, and would also be better experience.
In order to properly balance this, current experience for regular FM could be lowered a bit.

Players could receive various rewards here such as the Pyromancer outfit:
HmqnFtg.png
As well as another method to obtain the Tome of fire (empty)Tome of Fire & various Runite oreGrimy torstol Raw Materials.

Using the link below, you will find tons of useful Wintertodt info to include:
https://oldschoolrunescape.wikia.com/wiki/Wintertodt

DhM3fEa.png

swc1WPV.png

Smithing, while quick experience and rather easy to train, is kind of boring on Runex.
With the addition of Blast Furnace, we would simply have different training methods.

It should be entirely up to the development team to decide the EXP rates, in my opinion.
Currently, platebodies are the fastest method both here and on OSRS (I think).. this could be faster on Runex.
kgGDa9G.png

Runex could also have our own custom rewards for the "mini-game" of sorts..
This could potentially allow for another way to obtain various Tokens, for example.

Check out the link below to learn more about the Blast Furnace:
https://oldschoolrunescape.wikia.com/wiki/Blast_Furnace

DhM3fEa.png

UrlwxYL.png

To be honest, Fishing training on Runex at this time is just abysmal.
This could be EASILY improved by adding more fishing locations across RuneScape.

The best improvements would be these spots:
Raw monkfish Monkfish
Raw manta ray Manta Rays
Raw sea turtle Sea Turtles
Raw dark crab Dark Crabs

Adding these would provide much better food for everyone, on both the PvM and PvP side.
It would also help the skilling economy by allowing skillers (and others) to make money Fishing.

These Fishing spots could be at custom locations or even exclusive to high Donator zones (e.g. Dark Crabs).
While Monkfish should be in Piscatoris, Mantas/Turtles could be added via Fishing Trawler, perhaps?
Image result for osrs fishing trawler

For more info on Fishing spots and info, check the link below:
https://oldschoolrunescape.wikia.com/wiki/Fishing_spots

DhM3fEa.png

7hZjrAc.png

Similar to OSRS, I believe Runex could benefit from the addition of the Wildy Resource Area.
This area could provide enhanced EXP rates (perhaps 10-15%?) and high tier raw materials.

As seen in the previous suggestion, you could catch Dark Crabs here (alternatively to high donator zones).
It would also be an alternative to high tier woodcutting (perhaps Redwoods?) and mining (runite ore).
VEhYkg5.png

For more info regarding the Resource Area, check the link below:
https://oldschoolrunescape.wikia.com/wiki/Resource_Area

DhM3fEa.png

Wy90xB0.png

As for a QoL/Fashion suggestion - Master Skillcapes for each and every skill.
These could be introduced for either 104m exp (level 120) and/or 200m exp (true mastery).

To be more unique than RS3, we could use this Reddit user's suggested look for inspiration:
0RL6ecq.png

This would give us a lot of uniqueness in the RSPS community and provide reason to aim for 104/200m exp.
120 (104m exp) could be a standard master cape as seen above, while 200m exp could be the same with particles.

DhM3fEa.png

KHARAZI MINIGAME
bUFSK5Y.png

As with any large scale minigame, there can always be improvements.

1.) Allow Ironman accounts to pickup PK loot
This just makes sense. It's a PvP based minigame and currently, it's hard to find reason for Ironmen to participate.
If Ironmen could loot their player kills, it would give them a reason to play the minigame and even the playing field significantly.
This would, of course, include preventing them from picking up regularly dropped items within the minigame (like normal outside of it).

2.) Incorporate newer NPCs into Kharazi
This would include random NPC spawns such as Drakes, Hydras and even the lower level monsters from the new dungeon.
Doing this would also require a new way to obtain the Boots of Stone and Holy Sandals within the minigame. 
This is another one that just makes too much sense. Broadening the gear choices is only beneficial.

DhM3fEa.png

DhM3fEa.png

DhM3fEa.png

I will be adding more to this thread as I think of it, which should be quite a bit.

I wanted to repost this and modify some things as the last version was part of a suggestion event.

I truly hope most, if not all of these things can be added to Runex one day. They will all benefit greatly.

Edited by 52xp
  • Like 1

Could have sworn you bumped this exact post a few days ago.

Rooftop Agility: +1 for higher end courses. I'd like the risk vs reward of the wilderness course to be balanced to still make it relevant. Perhaps something similar to the item on RS3 that increases the experience gained from wilderness agility dependant on your level, however it is dropped as coins on death. 

Motherload mine: +1, mining is slow, boring and unrewarding. 

Tree farming: +1, farming is slow, boring and unrewarding. Perhaps we can also add the farming guild and the hespori boss. 

Wintertodt: +1, firemaking is slow, boring and unrewarding. Would be nice to see this minigame soloable. 

Blast Furnace: +1, smithing ores is just non-existent on RuneX given the severe amount of bar drops. Would like to see this similar to RS3 where you can store large amounts of ore and coal.

Fishing Trawler: +1, loved this minigame as a kid, would be a great way of bringing higher tier raws into the game. 

Wilderness Skilling: +1, would have to be balanced to make the risk worth it as well as not to detract from cursed caverns skilling.

Skotizo: +1, MUST COME WITH KOUREND CATACOMBS as well as the barragable tasks and upgraded monsters.  Any other way of releasing Skotizo is cheap, ugly and a waste. 

Master Capes: +1, only if there is some distinction between game modes. Seeing 100 normies running around with particles etc takes away from harder game modes. 

Edited by Iron Logic

Agility - While I agree on there being more Agility courses I personally feel any course before Seers or Pollniv would be a waste as you should prob just the barb till level 60/70. I do feel like the wildy course should stay the best in the game as you do risk the chance at getting pk'd.

Mining - I agree that at least one of the mini-games. Personally I'd like to see the mother load mine introduced to the game with the golden nuggets allowing you to upgrade the prospector to give 2.5% or 5% more xp form its initial 5% for a total of 7.5/10%. If you have extra golden nuggets you could be able to sell a set of say 10 back to the skilling shop for like 1 skilling points or something.

Farming - Can't find any real downside of being able to plant trees for farming xp.

Fire Making - Would love to see Wintertod introduced, look at the mining bit for what I think it should be.

Smithing - Don't know how I feel about this...

Fishing - I feel like this will become dead content farily quick, personally think people would rather afk train fishing than do a mini-game for it. There isn't really a point of it seeing as you can angler gear from the skilling master.

Wilderness Skilling - Don't think alot of skillers would really want to go into wildy to train even with a 10-15% boost to xp.

Skotizo - I'd love to see him ingame. You could possibly lock him behind the max guild to maybe spice up the max guild a bit. However it could just make the boss dead content quickly.

Master Capes - Would love to see a reward for getting xp after a 99. You could also boost the original boost of which the 99 skill cape would give.

Overall amazing suggestions.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Iron Logic said:

Could have sworn you bumped this exact post a few days ago.

Feedback will be here soon.

I did; hid the post and reposting it to make changes more, uh, modern(?) to current Runex needs.

Hoping to add more things that aren't just big, title updates.

I +1 this entire thing.

I also think that there should be a way to make regular slayer a little more profitable because it's a little difficult for new players to get a cash flow going in the beginning. That's not for this thread though.

You have my support, cheers mate!

Pasta

10 minutes ago, Rasta said:

I +1 this entire thing.

I also think that there should be a way to make regular slayer a little more profitable because it's a little difficult for new players to get a cash flow going in the beginning. That's not for this thread though.

You have my support, cheers mate!

Pasta

Too add to this, Kourend Catacombs would be a godsend for slayer and everyone with cannons. However Ancient Titans do drop the Ancient Relic, so we would either have to change the rare dropped in Catacombs while doing slayer. I mean, it would be fair to make the relic a 1/500 drop or so from every monster in Kourend so primes and players who aren't maxed could gather Ancient Relics or possibly Sacred Token as a 1/1000 drop.