mr lucky

Grandmaster raid achievement?

Why isn't there a grandmaster raid achievement? like a xeric and theatre box or such, since it's such an achievement to reach 1k raids, and completing 10 grandmasters?

• Like 1

Because it’s such a grind and the amount of time it would add onto completionist cape with having to do 1010 raids, would add on maybe 10+ days playtime 

I see vise's point with it being long as hell to get grandmasters. However I do think there should be an achievement because they are super hard to do and provide the game with challenging content. But it would add a load of extra time to anyone going for comp so maybe set them to around 500 raids or so

4 hours ago, mr lucky said:

isn't that the whole point of getting completionist cape, a 'challenge'?

It’s already challenging enough. You still have to do 160 raids. 500 barrow chests takes a fair bit of time. Vintage didn’t comp till 62 days playtime roughly, jungle demon daily achieve takes 12 days (not ingame gameplay) to do. Adding a GM achieve to an extremely grindy item to get would extend it by so much making there be almost no comp capes ingame 

14 hours ago, mr lucky said:

isn't that the whole point of getting completionist cape, a 'challenge'?

3 comp capes in game after the server has been out for 2+ years? (Obviously not counting the 2 or 3 on inactive accounts). Surely that seems challenging enough. Lowest in game time for comp cape was 62 days, reaching 1010 raids would add an unnecessary amount of time on to that

5 minutes ago, mr lucky said:

the only hard achievements are the pking achievements, the rest is ezpz

PKing ones are easy 100 kills & 50 killstreak now. Cursed crypts are hard. 

11 hours ago, Vise said:

PKing ones are easy 100 kills & 50 killstreak now. Cursed crypts are hard. 

Cursed crypts is easy, just expensive.

I don't think we should add a grand master raid achievement until the requirement is dropped from 1000 to 500.

It's true that 'completionist' is doing everything, but at a point there are things that we shouldn't add. Like getting every unique from Barrows, getting every boss pet drop, enchanting everything in the enchantment chest, etc. All those things are a part of the game to 'complete' but I don't think anyone wants to see them added.

I do not think this should be added to the achievements. Just make it a personal goal for your self, this has been talked about before on adding this.

14 hours ago, Logical said:

I don't think we should add a grand master raid achievement until the requirement is dropped from 1000 to 500.

It's true that 'completionist' is doing everything, but at a point there are things that we shouldn't add. Like getting every unique from Barrows, getting every boss pet drop, enchanting everything in the enchantment chest, etc. All those things are a part of the game to 'complete' but I don't think anyone wants to see them added.

I agree with dropping the raid requirement. From 1,000 to 750. I've personally spoken to Ryan about that from my time as staff and he said he'd take it into consideration. I feel like 750 is fair. 

Also, getting every unique from Barrows for an achievement actually makes me want to attempt the achievement. I'd do that over 500 barrows runs.

As far as the OP said, I do think the Grandmaster Achievement should be added however from a lowered point. There's absolutely no reason that master raids should take 150 raids completed then Grandmasters take 1,000. That's a pretty retarded jump.