Iron Logic

Late Night Staff

Late Night Staff  

29 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Are you someone who plays during the servers quiet time?

2. 2. If yes, have you noticed a distinct lack of staff during that time?

3. 3. Should Vise be promoted to Server Support to fill this gap?

I think everyone who plays during the servers quiet time is well aware of the fact that there are almost never any staff online. This is a huge issue for both newer players and veterans, newer players aren't getting proper help if they need it and if they check the staff list and see 0 staff they lose confidence in this server and veterans are getting tired of the almost nightly shit show that the help chat devolves in to. 

If I was looking to break the rules or attack the server, I would do it during this time. I'd send my forum and in-game spammers, I'd bot all the skills I'd like and I'd abuse any glitches or bugs I find because there is no-one to stop me. Normal players also get away with a lot because the majority of other players don't care enough to make reports. Flaming, harassment, multilogging, safespotting, spamming you name it, it has become common place during the servers quiet period because there are no staff on to stop it. 

When I was staff, I spent the majority of my time staffing alone, no-one else in-game and no-one in the staff chat to discuss with, honestly I think it did me good because I never had to rely on anyone else but that's beside the point. I would stay up until 1AM most nights because I didn't want to leave the server unsupervised for too long and any time an application came in with a similar timezone to mine it was almost and instant +1 from me. But we never got any more staff for 'my' timezone and as we all know, I was demoted over a month ago. 

The server has had a 6-10 hour gap with no staff online and then a period that ranges from 2-5 staff at any given time. 

Ryan and Ramzi always say they are running a 'business' not a game, but what kind of 24 hour business can run for a third of the day with no staff, it would be looted and robbed and any customers than needed help would go elsewhere. 

We need new staff to fill the empty slot and quite frankly there are only 2 players that have applied that have any chance at the position. Vise and Myself. 

Vise is an extremely knowledgeable and dedicated member of this community who has applied for staff so many times that it has become a meme. There is no debate to be had here, Ramzi, you need to promote this player to server support as soon as possible. He might not turn out to be the best staff in the world, but the community will take anyone over the gap we have currently. He is also not a member of the same clan that the entire staff team calls home so he brings in diversity and a different voice. I see no reason why Vise wasn't promoted at the same time as Klein. 

I know you've seen his application as well, since I got you to view it. I vouched for Vise and I'm sure many others will as well. Promote him please.

Lastly, we have myself, Logical.

Now a big red flag, I was demoted and rightfully so. However, when I spoke to staff members about my demotion, all that I spoke to said I shouldn't have been and the reaction from the community was less than stellar to say the least. So why would I get added back onto the team, well it's simple. I have 1.5 years experience staffing RuneX and my addition to the team would just like Vise, bring in a new voice and differing point of view. 
I'm sure the current staff aren't happy with me at the moment, due to the amount of posts I made pointing out issues and inconsistencies, but If I was to be added back I would be able to stop that kind of issue from happening and I'm sure the confidence that a lot of players have lost in the staff team as of late would return. 

I didn't make this post to toot my own horn. Vise needs to be added to the team immediately. It is extremely unfair to the community that a 6-10 hour staff gap was even created and lasted over a month. But like I said in my application, the offer is always on the table, if you want someone experience to fill the gap until you can find someone else, I'll do it. I can even train Vise if you wish. Just fill the gap, please. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Vibi said:

Demoted staff can't get staff back, I believe?

To my knowledge demoted staff can get it back, really at the discretion of Ramzi at that point. 

All memes and jokes aside, this is so desperately needed. The server's "quiet time" still has 100+ users online with 0 staff. As Logical said, new players can't get the help they need, veterans get frustrated at the lack of control in the server and the players who normally stay in line due to staff presence turn feral with 100+ players there to watch.

Not to mention their experience would be greatly valued as well. Logical and Vise both have years of experience moderating either Runex or other private servers, so it's not like you'd be promoting veteran players who don't know what they're doing and have no experience.

To be fair, there are some problems that would arise from these players being promoted. Any incidents involving players from happythots or murder will obviously want to be dealt with in different ways by different staff members. No matter how much people want to stay indifferent there will always be a slight bias either way. Also, having a recently demoted staff member being promoted again may not be the best thing in some people's eyes. However, I do think there are ways around these problems if the people involved and the higher ups go about it in a mature way and focus on what is best for the server, which is having active staff during a dead time zone.

Of course, some people may think that I am biased since I do know both Logical and Vise pretty well, however looking from the outside it's clear that staff is desperately needed during the quiet time

• Like 3

Make Logical staff again, we need more staffermans late at night, it is as easy as that!

• Like 1

I fully support what you saying here Logic, you can't run a buisness without other people keeping a eye open.

Also alot of new players get helped in the chat thats what I see, ive been playing now for a few days and alot of players who are in the chat help me out and other players.

Even tho I still think there should be more staff and from the knowledge ur saying I'd support it to be you even tho u got demoted I still see no other reason why they shouldn't get u back. One thing I can't get out my head is why the owners don't really look out for these things, just like you say Multi-logging, Flaming and stuff like that should be punished.

I hope the owners take more action on this, thanks for making this post.

Was kinda annoying last time my account got stuck in fight caves, it wasn't even dead time at that time but still had no staff online... contacted James on discord which solved it for me. Pretty obviously we need more staff during dead times :)