Dragon Paws

Kourend catacombs and abyssal sire

i've just recently noticed that the kourend catacombs and sire still haven't been implemented and i have 0 idea to why, maybe because there'd be no use? well i have a few suggestions to maybe have a higher chance of receiving these updates since i love both of these areas of osrs, let's start off with sire..

The abyssal sire overall (imo) is a good boss fight, though with all the items currently on runex, it'd be a dead boss on release but I've thought of a few suggestions to help it better and hopefully not make it seem still useless or straight up overpowered.

Attachment to upgrade or enhance an abyssal bludgeon: simple really, get the drop from sire, take the bludgeon to the pool along with this part and it has a % chance to become an upgraded abyssal bludgeon. I have no idea on what the benefits could be though as i don't want to make it loose 2 useless or op.

Staff of the abyss: it could be an attachment to the staff of light or be it's own item, it could do more damage to abyssal demons and(or) the sire itself, having the same stats as the staff of light, basically an arclight for mage.

Abyssal crossbow: i don't know who'd use it, but i think it'd be cool, basically the stats of a dragonhunter cbow, but the damage buff applied to abyssal demons etcetc.

Kourend catacombs: it wouldin't need very much more than it would already have to become a good place to train slayer with it's higher level mobs, better drops and more exp, though a few changes i'd like to see to it would be...

ancient shards: as to not ruin the ancient shard methd to ancient titans, i'd like to keep the shards rare from the catacombs.

Higher superior rate: i'm currently 114m slayer exp (on supreme) and only seen a handful of superiors (yes i did train slayer before they were a thing) but still, dosen't have to be a huge buff in there, i've heard it's 1 in 50, why not make it 1 in 40 or something along those lines?

skotizo: i can't really think of many ideas for this boss apart from a good supplier of task and master task bottles, along with a very rare chance (1/250, since u need all 3 totem pieces to fight it once) to drop a grandmaster task bottle., and the dark claws (1 in 100) could possibly give dragon claws a different (cosmetic) appearance. and drop 1-2 ancient shards on kill, the totem being untradeable along with it's pieces so people can't just outright buy and farm it to no end.

I'm happy for criticism and feedback in the comments!

Edited by Dragon Paws
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm always happy to see new bosses added.

And if catacombs would be multi for stronger mobs like in osrs, that would make slayer a much more enjoyable thing again.

+1 for everything.

Catacombs are required 100%.

Superior slayer needs to be like 1 in 30, or like RS3, guaranteeing 1 or more superiors per task. 

It would be amazing to see a decent main hand crossbow, should be BIS 1 handed crossbow. 

+1 Sounds like a good idea, would also allow for other places to do slayer. I might add that there should be some sort of cash sink to enter the catacombs, ie. 500k to enter for all players. 

I like the idea and too have wondered if the catacombs were ever going to be added.

So support!

One thing though, do you see the Bludgeon upgrade putting it above or below the Elder Maul stat wise? Personally i'd imagine below.

2 minutes ago, Liar said:

I like the idea and too have wondered if the catacombs were ever going to be added.

So support!

One thing though, do you see the Bludgeon upgrade putting it above or below the Elder Maul stat wise? Personally i'd imagine below.

obviously below elder maul, maybe have the upgrade simply have similar affect to arclight but only to abyssal monsters, though still thinking over what could make it have it's own use

+1 this was an amazing post and + infinity on it being a good way to farm task and master task bottles, believe it should have a chance for more than 1 and let them be noted if so

Considering the support this suggestion has received, i've pushed it to Ryan in the staff chat suggestions.

And I also like the ideas also - +1!

Keep it up fella!