oops

Experiencing client issues? read this

Hello,
This thread is dedicated to all of you who may have one problem or another getting the client to run. There are a few common solutions to these problems.

1) Getting error connecting - retrying in - secs. when trying to launch the client

Solution: Go to C:/Users/-nameofyourhomefolder (e.g.: your name)/ and delete any folder starting with the name "Runex-Data / runex". After this, try running the client again. (And preferably do not minimize the client untill it is finished)

Reason: Most times the cache itself is interrupted while being downloaded or is not extracted properly after download is complete.

2) I cannot run the client at all, what shall i do?

Solution: Now there are a few more things that you can do. The first one would be to update your Java version to the latest. To do so, go to https://www.java.com/en/. Once you have done this, try again. No results? Okay, move on and try to download Java Development Kit. You can download it from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html. Make sure to download the one that fits your operating system/platform. Do these not work? Well, you can always try to turn off your anti-virus/firewall. These are two measures that you should be tried as a last resort.

Reason: Very, very hard to say. Every anti virus, network and computer have differing settings. What works for some, may not work for others. What's important is that there is always a solution to your problems.

3) I am still having problems!

Solution: Once you've tried all of the above, make sure that you deleted the cache folder in between every attempt. If you did this, and you've went back through everything to see that you were indeed doing as the instructions said, please create a thread in the help forum. Once you've done this, you are allowed to post a link to the thread in the shoutbox for quicker assistance. Either a player or a member of staff will get back to you as soon as possible. Don't lose faith!