Ralph

In-depth Theatre of Blood Guide

The Theatre of Blood

Image result for verzik vitur

General Information

• The Theatre of Blood (Raids 2) is a challenging boss gauntlet where you run through 4 bosses before facing Verzik Vitur. 
    • Most of the rewards are best in slot items which makes the Theatre of Blood a profitable activity if you mange to hit the rare drop table.
      • The rare drop table is as follows:
        • Spoiler
          • Maiden of Sugadinti 
            • Pet (1/1,000)
          • Pestilent Bloat
            • Pet (1/1,000)
          • Nylocas Vasilias
            • Pet (1/1,000)
          • Xarpus
            • Pet (1/1,000)
          • Verzik Vitur
            • Pet (1/1,000)
          • Monumental Chest (drop rates unreleased)
            • Grand crest piece 1-3
            • Zenyte Shard
            • Justiciar Faceguard
            • Justiciar Chestguard
            • Justiciar Legguards
            • Justiciar Armguard
            • Book of Verzik
            • Avernic Defender Hilt
            • Ghrazi Rapier
            • Scythe of Vitur
            • Sanguinesti Pendant
            • Sanguinesti Staff
  • For more basic info on how to setup a party check my Chambers of Xeric guide here.

Gear and Inventory Setup

• My gear and inventory setup is as follows:
    • pb54kiv.png
      • Even though this is best in slot gear, it will still provide a good example of what gear you should bring. Let's break it down further.
  • Gear setup
    • Unlike Chambers of Xeric, you need to bring all three styles to Theatre of Blood.
      • All three styles are needed for the third boss, so to make your raids efficient, bring all three styles.
      • In my Chambers of Xeric guide I provided a few examples of gear setups for low, mid, and high tiers. I will not being going as in depth as I did in my Xeric guide for the reason that ToB is a more advanced raid. By the time you're doing it you should know what weapons are good to bring.
        • For ToB, I highly recommend getting Elite Void. It is not required, but the bonuses you get from it, as well as the low amounts of switches between styles, makes it basically best in slot for ToB. If you do not have Elite Void, use your best in slot gear. Note: This will result in less inventory room for food and supplies, which is why Elite Void is highly recommended. For the amulet slot, I suggest bringing an amulet with bonuses for all 3 styles. Some amulets that you can use are, Amulet of torture/(or), Amulet of the damned/(t), Amulet of the corrupted, Amulet of Nardah, Lava pendant, or Sanguinesti Pendant. For rings, I suggest bringing a ring that has bonuses for all styles. Some rings that you can use are, Crystal ring/(i), Lava ring/(i)or Grand ring/(i). If you're using a bow/crossbow, use arrows/bolts for your arrow slot. If you're using something like darts/blowpipe, then I'd suggest using a tribrid blessing. Some examples are, Cursed blessing, or Chaos blessing. For the boot slot, I'd suggest boots with bonuses in all stats. Examples of these are, Molten boots, or Grand boots. For your cape/weapon/off-hand slot, bring your best in slot gear. Some good examples of capes are, Ava's accumulator/(t)/assembler, Fire/Tokhaar-kal/Infernal/Meteorite cape, and Saradomin/Guthix/Zamorak (i) capes. Some good examples of weapons are, Dragon dart/Cursed cannon/Vespine shortbow/Zamorak bow*/Blowpipe/Twisted bow, Chaotic rapier/Cursed blade/Ghrazi Rapier, Trident of the seas/swamp/Sanguinesti staff
          • * If you're using a Zamorak bow, use Zamorak d'hide armor instead of elite void for the extra 5% accuracy and damage boost.

Video and Boss Breakdowns

• Maiden of Sugandiniti
    • The Maiden of Sugandiniti is the first ToB boss you will encounter. She will primarily attack with magic, so protect from magic throughout this fight. Her other attack is shooting out blood pools. She will always put a blood pool below where you're standing when she uses this attack. She can shoot blood pools up to 2 squares away from your original position. So it is advised to move at least 3 squares away when you see this attack. If you are standing in the blood pool, you will be hit once every tick; the damage she deals to you with the blood pools will heal her for 100% of what she hit. On top of this, if you get hit by a blood pool, a blood spawn will appear and leave a trail of blood that will damage you if you're standing in it. The blood spawns will not roam to the North or the South of the Maiden, so even if you're hit by the blood pools you can avoid the blood spawn trails by standing in these areas. The last mechanic will only appear 3 times throughout the fight. Once the Maiden reaches 70% health for the first time, she will spawn spiders that will slowly walk towards her and heal her when they get to her. The Maiden will spawn spiders at 70%, 50%, and 20% hp. There are two strategies to deal with this attack, freezing and killing the spiders, and the brute force method. The brute force method involves attacking the Maiden and ignoring the spiders when they spawn. The spiders will only spawn 3 times, so to kill the Maiden you have to get the Maiden to 70% hp, wait for her to heal, get the Maiden down to 50%, wait for her to heal, get the Maiden down to 20%, wait for her to heal, and finally kill the Maiden.
      • Spoiler
        • IbU3RWo.png
          • Mage attack
        • 14zOfSf.png
          • Blood pool attack
        • tA30V9g.png
          • Blood spawn
        • ES6nVsQ.png
          • Spider spawn
  • Pestilent Bloat
    • The second ToB boss, the Pestilent Bloat, is in my opinion the easiest ToB boss. The easiest way to see how this boss is done, is by checking out the video down below. 
  • Nylocas Vasilias
    •  
  • Xarpus
    •  
  • Verzik Vitur
    •