iron special

Server Event Fixes

So right now, the current h'ween event is in my opinion not as big of a success as it could be, here's the reason why;

In the last 6 days I've noticed that we have only reached 2M combined rolls as 4.8M of the spins were prior to the October 10th update, many of these tokens coming from the donor packages. (400k~ is from turmoil dds spending loads of bills on them) 

If we look forward, we still have 15 days left until the event is finished, that will be around another +5m tokens, taking us to 12M over all, we wont hit the milestone.

After the luck tokens were fixed and no longer worked on the Ripper demons tokend drops there was a drastic drop in player participation, going from constant 40-60+ players, to as low as 20-30 in many cases. 

The event is very competitive, i'm not sure if it suppose to be like this but we are fighting over a skeleton, especially ironmen, we're struggling hard.

Ironmen have a hard time finishing this event, right now chase storms, zfireshot and i are spending more then 4-6 hours just running around to make a chance to complete this event. We can get around 10-12 rolls in those 4-6 hours doing the same braindeath thing. This is not even accurate cause sometime there are so many people doing the server event, that we have to spend more time.

So right now its either you pay to win, or you have to spend hours and hours of time doing the same thing.

What I suggest for this event is,

Fix luck tokens because this is this only way to fix the event, there will be more h'ween tokens coming in, and it will motivate the players doing the event again.

This way we make a chance to hit the 15m mark and everyone that has less time to play has a chance to do at least something in this event.

Please let me know about what you agree or disagree on. 

• Like 1

I completely agree with the issues described.

In my post, I think I mentioned how boring this event was close to 100 times. The summer event was successful because it was tied in to a huge variety of RuneX content such as crystal keys, godwars bosses and skilling. While it was imbalanced and had plenty of issues, if you didn't like it, you could wait 4 hours and have a new event to take part in. 

This event however, doesn't take any existing content, so If you do the event, you are just doing the event, you get some experience but other than that, if you do the event, you only do the event and it never changes. It is boring, I play RuneX to enjoy myself and there is nothing enjoyable about this event other than the boss. Not to mention the chest is incredibly demotivating, 50 rolls total are just for bags of riches and cursed caskets, 50000 tokens, which is what? 20-30 hours running around RuneX for rolls you can almost confirm you are getting junk for. That's not even mentioning the other 50 junk items before you start getting decent items.

Allowing luck tokens to effect the ripper boss is the least we can do to make this event better. I asked for a complete overhaul in my post, but I don't think we can expect that this far in the event. So anything to make tokens more bearable to obtain is welcomed. 

• Like 1

I agree with the constant repetitiveness being a huge drag. The only reason I'm doing the event is because it's so rewarding for Ironmen so I feel like I'm wasting my time doing anything aside from the event. The fewer the people doing the event, the better it is for the ones who are grinding it - more skele spawns per person - which I feel is the opposite of what it should be. The summer event was amazing for so many reasons, but the two biggest reasons in my book were variety and community. Every event was individual, but there was a sense of community with it - loads of people at gwd, doing crystal chests together, etc. Variety with the summer event was amazing as well, with the event changing every few hours. It may be too late to change that for this event, but an example of what could have been done is something as simple as a bigger variety of monsters, where only certain ones spawn each hour/4hours/whatever designated time slot is chosen. Each monster could still drop tokens, but would have to be killed with a specific kind of poltergust. Token drops would stay roughly the same, but skill type exp gained and other drops would change depending on the kind of spooky monster spawned. As for the token drops, the amounts normally dropped dont need to be changed at all, but allowing double drop tokens would be nice, as well as adding a few rare drops of maybe 250, 500, and 1k ( 1/50, /1/100, 1/500 respectively) would add for much more excitement.

A quick, easy hot fix could be:

Add an uncommon and rare drop to skeles of 250/500 tokens.

Allow luck tokens to work on all monsters.

• Like 1

I can agree with the luck tokens making this event a lot more enjoyable.

But I'm not going to repeat everything everyone else has already said. 

MAKE H'WEEN GREAT AGAIN! +1

• Like 1

so much agree from me holy fk, it kills me to go more than 20 mins at a time running around for skelles, and half the time it takes 5 mins to find my first one either f2p or wildy..epic lucks would help SOOOO much, even if ripper was only allowed regular luck tokens i'd be fine, i'm happy to waste epic lucks on skelles oml, please yes!

Agreed with luck tokens on ripper but just cuz the 15m rolls is there doesnt mean we have to reach it. We didn't reach it in many other events such as the nardah and easter event.

Boring event, could've been better by implementing Token drops from bosses, monsters, pking, and making drops from the spooky monsters higher. 

F in the chat