Iron Logic

Cash ingame

Cash Ingame  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Should we replace a majority of the cash from dailies with prize boxes/point boxes?

2. 2. Should we rework the cash given from bags and sacks of riches?

3. 3. Should NPCs that drop large quantities of cash have that drop reworked?

It's no secret that there is a huge amount of cash coming in to RuneX without a great deal of it being sunk out of the economy. I think there are a few things that need to change to help with this issue.

• Change the amount of pure cash obtained from dailies.

Completing a set of easy dailies can net you 65m cash and harder ones will give you even more. While it is a small amount, there are a lot of players that will do some/all of these dailies every day and bring a lot of cash into the economy.

We should replace a majority of these cash rewards with things like prize boxes or point boxes which the player can either use of sell.

• Rework bags and sacks of riches to be more likely to award tokkul, blood money or runecoins. 

I like the idea behind bags of riches, but damn they just being so much GP into the game, It seems like an hourly occurrence that someone pops a 500m bag. Unlike blood money, tokkul and runecoins, a majority of the cash from these bags just floats around the economy.

I'd like to see the bags tweaked, being more likely to give you 50k blood money instead of 500m cash. We could even remove the cash from these all together, I don't think anyone would mind.

• Rework drop tables of various monsters.

This might not be something that many players would see as an issue, but in all honestly NPC drops are the largest source of GP coming in to RuneX. Look at NPCs that can be farmed in large amounts such as revenants [10k-250k | Common drop] and Lava Giants [50-150k | Always]. As you can imagine, these kind of NPCs bring in so much GP to the game, in an afternoon of afking lava giants I raked in over 300m in pure cash.

I'd much rather see the wilderness NPC that drop a lot of cash have the drop replaced with the equivalent value of blood money and other NPCs replace the majority of cash drops with alchables or other drops. 

I think once we lessen the flow of GP into the economy, then we can talk about how to create proper cash sinks, construction only goes so far.

This alongside some sort of gold sink (trading post tax would be a good, consistent gold sink) I think are very much needed at this time.

Reducing the amount of money that comes into game from these situations as you've explained would also be a huge help.

+1 fully support reducing the amount of gold coming into game, as well as adding some sort of system that would help reduce further the amount of gold that we have in game at the moment.

+1 to any of these, anything to get rid of the gold in-game. 

I, personally, would like to see some more cosmetic stores as a money sink. Could have some untradeable ones that are only bought in-game with gold. One example that was recently suggested on the forums was a TBow skin; Weapon skins would be pretty cool to see in-game. 

Edited by Bar

+1 support, With all the ideas but I say just lower the cash amount you get from dailys with the other changes.

+1 100% agree with all of these. Especially the prize boxes being re-added to dailies, they were a great bit of excitement and a good reward, I understand that they were OP but removing the major source of them and making them worse was a step or 2 too far.

• Like 1

+1 Support.

What if the amount of tokens and gold ingame, that players already have would be divided by 10?

Along with nerfing dailies and so on ofc

Edited by 3HP

On 9/28/2018 at 8:43 AM, 3HP said:

What if the amount of tokens and gold ingame, that players already have would be divided by 10?

Interesting idea but we would never do that. It is essentially our fault that the economy has gotten to this point and it will be up to us to find inventive and enjoyable ways to sink gold out rather than punishing the players.

11 hours ago, Logical said:

Interesting idea but we would never do that. It is essentially our fault that the economy has gotten to this point and it will be up to us to find inventive and enjoyable ways to sink gold out rather than punishing the players.

So just turn platinum tokens into gold to lose x10 instead of x100,000 since tokens are worth more.. Lol. Worse idea yet and easy to get around (:

On 9/27/2018 at 4:36 AM, Ralph said:

This alongside some sort of gold sink (trading post tax would be a good, consistent gold sink) I think are very much needed at this time.

I don't know if it is possible or much work, but add in the option for how long you want your offers to be in the TP. Currently it expire after 2 weeks, but if you pay let's say 100k per 24 hour, and you are given the option to select how long the offer is going to stay there before it expire (max 2 weeks). I think that could be a decent money sink. As 100k might not sound like much, if you take a look at the "Most recent" tab on the most busy hour of the server, there's a lot of offers being put into the TP. Due to the prices going up and down, you might even have to take them out of the tp and re-add them in there for once again 100k per 24 hour. 

Ofcourse the number can be changed.

On 9/28/2018 at 12:43 AM, 3HP said:

+1 Support.

Along with nerfing dailies and so on ofc

That's some funny way to see it if you have nothing to show for. What about the people that sit with 60b cash? That devided by 10 is 6b, so basically they'd lose 54b