Bar

In-game user stats & high score announcements | Suggestion

Hey Y'all,

These ideas just came to my head: It would be cool if you see other players stats in-game by typing ::stats <name>. Obviously, this would require quite a lot of time to code if it was an actual in-game GUI, so if that's not something Ryan would want to work on, then a simple line-by-line message to the user with the stats could work.

EXAMPLE: "::stats Ryan"

"Cooking: 99, XP: 43593459345"

"Farming: 94, XP: 3945394534"

"Etc, etc, etc"

"Rank: 2"

I also thought it could be cool to get real-time high score announcements for players in the top-ten. So, when a user overtakes another player it could announce "<User A> has overtaken <User B> and is now rank 3 on the highscores". 

Edited by Bar

Seems like a cool idea but i feel there are other things that could be worked on at the moment. But would love to see this implemented down the road. 

I think this would be cool if it was implemented like the RS3 examine system, where you can examine players to view their stats, armour and achievements etc.

1 hour ago, Logical said:

I think this would be cool if it was implemented like the RS3 examine system, where you can examine players to view their stats, armour and achievements etc.

This could be cool, might require a little more time but something I'd love to see. 

7 hours ago, Death Fury said:

Seems like a cool idea but i feel there are other things that could be worked on at the moment

It'd take about 15-30 minutes for Ryan to code something like this (simple text version), haha. I have 0 RSPS coding experience but I'm pretty sure it'd be easy, all you'd have to do is get the server to recognize the command ::stats, and then grab the users levels from the database, as a number, that is then sent back to the user in text fields. 

Edited by Bar

This would be a pretty cool addition, but only if the real time announcer were the top 50 or maaybe top 100 players, if not it would be very spammy. 

If added the "examine" option like it is on RS3, I'd like it to be possible to "hide" your profile aswell. Just cause why not.