zFireshots

Cursed Tbow

As shown by Nate, there is a cursed tbow already coded. As a potential idea, I was thinking that this could be created by using a cursed tbow skin purchased from the runecoin store for 100k runecoins. This skin would be untradable, and would not be permanently attached to the tbow. The cursed tbow itself would be untradable and on death in the wildy it would be detached to drop the twisted bow while the person with the tbow originally would receive the skin in their inventory. It can be detached from the tbow to make the tbow tradable again so it's just as it was before. This would create a good item sink thats purely cosmteic and does no harm to the game whatsoever. The tbows would both be the same stats, of course.

The idea of introducing dyes has been discussed quite a bit in the staff chat and would be a much better alternative to this idea.

I like this idea, seems like it could be a great item sick with god benefit for a lot of players in the same.

5 hours ago, Death Fury said:

But i love the idea of having money sink in the server. 

Unfortunately most things are an item sink, which is fairly counter to a money sink as cash stays in the game while items are taken out, causing a lot of prices to fluctuate. 

We will hopefully have some real cash sinks sooner or later

On 9/26/2018 at 4:54 AM, zFireshots said:

As shown by Nate, there is a cursed tbow already coded. As a potential idea, I was thinking that this could be created by using a cursed tbow skin purchased from the runecoin store for 100k runecoins. This skin would be untradable, and would not be permanently attached to the tbow. The cursed tbow itself would be untradable and on death in the wildy it would be detached to drop the twisted bow while the person with the tbow originally would receive the skin in their inventory. It can be detached from the tbow to make the tbow tradable again so it's just as it was before. This would create a good item sink thats purely cosmteic and does no harm to the game whatsoever. The tbows would both be the same stats, of course.

We don't need item sinks, the runecoin exchanger is already a killer on that end, we need money sink. Making it cosmetic is a nice idea, but I'd like to see it as a drop from something added in the future or maybe raid reward. 

Removing it from the tbow like magic fangs is sure a good idea, but not to add it for 100k runecoins.

The item vs money ratio is already way too unbalanced. No need to encourage people to throw even more items out of the game. Make it cost 50b instead lol

Making the tbow untradeable is imo no point, should have no impact on how it work in the wilderness either. 

I see people saying money sink and item sinks, but without knowing the difference.... Money sinks is when money actually leave the economy not items.. 

Edited by Matt

1 hour ago, Matt said:

We don't need item sinks, the runecoin exchanger is already a killer on that end, we need money sink. Making it cosmetic is a nice idea, but I'd like to see it as a drop from something added in the future or maybe raid reward. 

Removing it from the tbow like magic fangs is sure a good idea, but not to add it for 100k runecoins.

The item vs money ratio is already way too unbalanced. No need to encourage people to throw even more items out of the game. Make it cost 50b instead lol

Making the tbow untradeable is imo no point, should have no impact on how it work in the wilderness either. 

I see people saying money sink and item sinks, but without knowing the difference.... Money sinks is when money actually leave the economy not items.. 

50B is way too much money for something like that, If we want a cash sink that is not the way to do it at all. 

Just now, twitch said:

50B is way too much money for something like that, If we want a cash sink that is not the way to do it at all. 

It was clearly a joke, but I'd rather have it cost pure cash than runecoins.

Just now, Matt said:

It was clearly a joke, but I'd rather have it cost pure cash than runecoins.

I can agree with it costing pure cash and not runecoins aswell.

8 hours ago, Matt said:

Making the tbow untradeable is imo no point

I added this so that the dye overall would be account attached. I do agree that cash can be another method of how this is implemented and would definitely accept that rather than rune coins, rune coins was just my initial thought.

Edited by zFireshots