fosen

Tax implementing ideas

Slayer task fees

The current state of slayer tasks is very abuse able. There is currently no down-side to skipping a task if you're at the late game of Runex, as 45 runex points will barely hurt the bank. In place of this, I propose that the cancel fee should be 5 slayer points, or 1% of your runex points with a minimum of 10 per task and a maximum of 200. This curve will allow newer players to save for items such as void, while slowing down the players that are saving for gilded cannons, to make them think twice before skipping something.

Trade post fees 

Secondly, trade post fees. Rather than adding fees for ever entry and ruining runecoin item prices, people should pay a daily fee to be able to post on the trade post. This could be a fee of 1m increments up to infinity for 2 unique items per day of up to infinity - or it could be 1m increments to enlist item prices of 100m price increases for a day. 

For example, 

You would like to enlist an ancestral robe bottom for 2,500m and have 10 others items worth 50m you'd also like to sell.

System 1 would cost you 6m to post for the day, 

while System 2 would cost you 25m to post for the day. 

Ultimately System 2 would target the rich people, which is where change is likely to occur from taxing - however, in the case of somebody removing an entry and wishing to re-upload, maybe a system such as gear-specific tickets where you hold the right to sell an item until it is solid and the ticket is consumed, could be implemented. Although this would be very timely as a ticket would need to be created for every item that is tradeable, but it could be used to gate high-end items and only place a taxing system on items that are worth taxing, e.g 500m onwards.

Gambling fees

The idea I have in mind for this will require an update of the current gambling system. Rather than banning the exchange of items through gambling, we need an estimate trade value that uses gp value of course, but more importantly the average traded price over the past unique sales on the trade post of an item, and then a median price is calculated to be used as the base value of an item's value in the gambling interface. This straight away will warrant item projection. However to deter this, also include the item's estimate price below the item display in say a 4 digit notation eg. "405m" so that if the player is experienced, and they should be when it comes to gambling for a 405m, they can investigate the price on the trade post history if they are suspicious of a potential item projection. 

Furthermore, to use this in an actual tax system for the gambling system we will need to force players to have gold that can be taxed at the end of each gamble. The current 25m ticket system could be converted into a 25m ticket value minimum, and make tickets worth 1gp each and a new currency entirely like coins of up to 2147m at a time. they would be purchased and refunded entirely via NPC, and removed as a % of each gamble by a settled upon reasonable tax rate. 

For example, 

The system has been decided to use 1% tax rates for gambles of 500m upwards, and 3.5b is being staked by both parties. At the end of the round when the winner has been decided, both players are deducted 1% of 3.5b (35m) in the form of tickets. This value will be calculated before the gamble has begun, and will determine whether or not the player is allowed to perform the gamble, as well as if the player has at least 25m in tickets. 

I'd like to see the RuneX point task skipping/blocking replaced with something around 300-500k per skip and 1m to block. It isn't much for the average player, but will quickly add up and sink a lot of gold from the economy.

As for the trading post fees, I don't think charging people to use the post in any form is a good idea. I'd much prefer to see a 1% or smaller tax on all sales to be payed by the player selling the item. The seller can easily counter this by charging 1% more for whatever they are selling and the buyer will usually be fine paying a mere 1% extra.

We will never be able to tax gambling based on the amount gambled as long as we allow item gambling, this is simply because there is no accurate method for calculating the value of an item on RuneX. Projection and manipulation will be a huge issue and we shouldn't add the burden onto players to make sure the servers own calculations are correct. If the server is to give a player a concrete value for an item, it has to be 100% accurate or there is no point in adding it. 

The change to make gambling tickets 1gp and use them as the sink is logical, but since this change is based around the whole idea talked about above [calculating the price of items] it is not needed for the reasons I listed.

In all honesty, if we look at the changes to OSRS gambling and how they removed the ability to gamble items and taxed the cash, I think it may be worth looking in to on RuneX. 
When you look at things like 3rd age or high level gear on OSRS after the duel arena change these items plummeted in price and eventually evened out lower than when they could be gambled.  This would be healthy for RuneX as a lot of the items such as ancestral or viper helmets only held significant values because gamblers just passed them back and forth and rarely entered the economy, but suddenly one of them wants to get GP and tries to sell their ancestral sets at a lower price, causing everyone to panic sell their ancestral sets and suddenly the price plummets.
We should only allow GP to be gambled, it would be healthy for us, allow us to tax 1% easily and prevent a lot of new players and older players from quitting since they can't easily YOLO their gear in a fit of rage. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Logical said:

I'd like to see the RuneX point task skipping/blocking replaced with something around 300-500k per skip and 1m to block. It isn't much for the average player, but will quickly add up and sink a lot of gold from the economy.

As for the trading post fees, I don't think charging people to use the post in any form is a good idea. I'd much prefer to see a 1% or smaller tax on all sales to be payed by the player selling the item. The seller can easily counter this by charging 1% more for whatever they are selling and the buyer will usually be fine paying a mere 1% extra.

We will never be able to tax gambling based on the amount gambled as long as we allow item gambling, this is simply because there is no accurate method for calculating the value of an item on RuneX. Projection and manipulation will be a huge issue and we shouldn't add the burden onto players to make sure the servers own calculations are correct. If the server is to give a player a concrete value for an item, it has to be 100% accurate or there is no point in adding it. 

The change to make gambling tickets 1gp and use them as the sink is logical, but since this change is based around the whole idea talked about above [calculating the price of items] it is not needed for the reasons I listed.

In all honesty, if we look at the changes to OSRS gambling and how they removed the ability to gamble items and taxed the cash, I think it may be worth looking in to on RuneX. 
When you look at things like 3rd age or high level gear on OSRS after the duel arena change these items plummeted in price and eventually evened out lower than when they could be gambled.  This would be healthy for RuneX as a lot of the items such as ancestral or viper helmets only held significant values because gamblers just passed them back and forth and rarely entered the economy, but suddenly one of them wants to get GP and tries to sell their ancestral sets at a lower price, causing everyone to panic sell their ancestral sets and suddenly the price plummets.
We should only allow GP to be gambled, it would be healthy for us, allow us to tax 1% easily and prevent a lot of new players and older players from quitting since they can't easily YOLO their gear in a fit of rage. 

+1 except for YOLO cause you have to YOLO