Zezima

Beginner/Advanced Barrow Minigame Guide!

This is an in-depth guide on how to complete the Barrow's Mini Game as efficient as possible  

I would  like to begin this guide by explaining the Minigame in case you are unfamiliar with the objectives. 

(SKIP THIS STEP IF YOU HAVE A GENERAL IDEA OF BARROWS)

Barrows is an area-based combat minigame. It involves defeating the Six Barrows Brothers, each with their own special strengths and weaknesses.

The best rewards you can get from barrows are the 'Barrow Armors'. Each Barrow Brother has his own armor set, so there are six complete armor sets to obtain. After slaying all the Barrow Brothers, and opening the chest, the reward will automatically be placed in your player's inventory.

(Barrow Armors)

barrow.jpg.0b0f530e8a2f6bb597fbd37dab16cf92.jpg

Barrow Armors/Possible Rewards

Besides the Barrows Armors you can still recieve other rewards such as: 

Runes, Key Halves, and even Task Bottles!

Before you go to Barrows you will probably want to be prepared.

When you are prepared well, it is possible to do a lot of runs which makes you earn more. When you go to Barrows, you want to make sure you have the following stats:
43 prayer

70+ Attack/Strength
40+ Defence (Optional)

Gear: Magic helps a lot so, bring either your Best Mage-Range Setup or Mage-Melee Setup. :)

Rich Setup/Personal Setup                                                                                                       Poor Setup

Richsetp.png.acec35b3ef5f599b001505a1ad677695.png                                              poor.png.b0186a759918ba5f0bb2a33f678a5849.png                                                     

You can access the Barrow Minigame through the Mini-Game teleport, and always remember a spade.

Barrows is a combat based minigame where your goal is to defeat all six 'Barrow Brothers'. If you are good enough to accomplish this you will get a reward. ( See Rewards On Top Of Page)

The six brothers are:

Ahrim the Blighted (Magic)
Dharock the Wretched (Melee)

Guthan the Infested (Melee)
Karil the Tainted (Range)
Torag the Corrupted (Melee)

Verac the Defiled (Melee)

Below this you will see a map of the Barrow Hills. Located beneath the hills (Via Spade), a tomb which withholds one of the 'Barrow Brothers' when searched,

Barrows_Grave.png.ec044ac66e46886b48f41c8408e9d281.png

Make sure you keep track of your hills, and travel in either clockwise or counterclockwise which helps insure you don't get lost.

Always make sure your Prayers are up, you can see what prayers to use on the map provided above.

(The Poor Setup - I didn't include runes in case you wanted to use a different spell)

poor.png.b0186a759918ba5f0bb2a33f678a5849.png

For the 'Poor' Setup you should use Iban's Blast and your best magic gear against all the Barrow Brother's that attack with the melee attack style however, you should use either your Ranged Gear or Melee Gear against Ahrim, and Karil. They have a higher Magic Defence so, it's a lot harder to deal damage, and it takes more time for you to get your reward thus lowering profits. The rewards can sometimes be a little disappointing, but don't let that demotivate you because you could lay your hands on some juicy lootations!

(Barrows Run Example)

~End For Poor Setup/Beginner Guide

Rich Setup, the rich setup is much more complicated because the cannon shouldn't be placed in the tomb's of the barrows brothers, but I've found out that there are indeed a few tiles where the cannon can be placed. Remember to bring more than one attack style Range/Mage Etc! Don't forget that just because you're using the "Rich/Advanced Setup" the objective is still the same so, if you're unfamiliar with the objective or how to properly complete a Barrows Run, please feel free to check out the video posted above.

This will take a little bit of memorization, but I can assure you it will make your kills, and runs so fast that you won't even need prayer pots if done correctly.

My personal 'Rich Setup':

Richsetp.png.acec35b3ef5f599b001505a1ad677695.png

This brief video will now show you where to place your cannons in each hill, what to use, and how I personally complete my runs!. Every hill has a different placement so, you'll need a bit of practice, and you'll instantly know where to go within a couple of Barrow runs!

(Where To Place Cannon)

That's it for the Barrows Guide! If you have any questions regarding this post well, you know what to do!

~Alkosor

On 03/03/2017 at 9:21 AM, Rolla said:

So tome of fire (I) isn't the best set-up to use? Would be dope if you where able to do a bit of research to see what "max" gear set-up would look like!

I have done some research, and I have obtained near Max Setup thanks to Hyzt <3

415cf66c3f896587c0a963c24c349b1f.png

-What I need next for Max:

-Colored Slayer Helmets, (Black, and Green to be exact)

- Gilded Cannon Set

- Occult/Ranging Amulet

-Seer's Ring (i)

-Tome Of Fire (i)

Does that answer your question :P?

On 03/03/2017 at 10:09 AM, forrest said:

Your rich setup has an archer helm and climb boots. Why. Also kaal cape with no melee weapons 

The 'Rich Setup' is by no means the best, but it's only called rich because it's with cannons. Kaal Cape has an extra Prayer Bonus, and climbing boots was just to make the setup look more clean :)

On 03/03/2017 at 11:19 AM, Rolla said:

unholy book over like ely / arcane switch? again not being a dick, I am actually wondering.

Arcane and Elysian Spirit Shields do provide bonuses respective to their style Ie: Arcane- Magic, but they are mainly for defence bonuses, and you already don't take damage because your prayers will keep you immune from all incoming attacks. Also, Unholy Book has more Prayer Bonus (Arcane +3) while (Unholy +5). I don't own an Arcane, but I know Tome of Fire (i) is better.

Not a bad guide, maybe add in some of the additional rewards that are possible such as task bottles, crystal key/halves, runes etc.

On 3/2/2017 at 4:24 PM, Chad said:

Not a bad guide, maybe add in some of the additional rewards that are possible such as task bottles, crystal key/halves, runes etc.

Thanks for reminding me!

So tome of fire (I) isn't the best set-up to use? Would be dope if you where able to do a bit of research to see what "max" gear set-up would look like!

Your rich setup has an archer helm and climb boots. Why. Also kaal cape with no melee weapons 

Edited by forrest

On 3/2/2017 at 6:09 PM, forrest said:

My 'Rich Setup' is only defined as rich because it has a cannon in it, and it is by no means Max Gear. The climbing boots was for simplicity, and the cape was only for the prayer bonus!

Edited by Zezima

DNice guide, also maybe add the text "rich gear and poor gear" near the pictures, ATM looks like they're above both the pics, a lil confusing on which is other poor or rich set (if you don't know prices)

Very nice guide, but in my opinion there are still things to upgrade in your rich set up - head slot to infinity hat or 3rd age mage hat, shield slot to arcane SS, boots to infinity and seers ring instead of archers on top of what you still want to upgrade. I personally have been playing with barrows a bit trying to find a decent setup for fast runs and i found that void is no better than nearly max mage setup, and using rapier+d deffy to kill ahrim and karil. I have not spend enough time to research if anything is better than that but i tried a few runs with arma chest skirt and blowpipe and melee works better than bp. But very nice, thumbs up dude!

On 3/2/2017 at 6:39 PM, ZeeKs said:

DNice guide, also maybe add the text "rich gear and poor gear" near the pictures, ATM looks like they're above both the pics, a lil confusing on which is other poor or rich set (if you don't know prices)

It was set next to each other, I don't know why they moved O.o <3 thanks for the feedback

On 3/2/2017 at 6:46 PM, Atis said:

Very nice guide, but in my opinion there are still things to upgrade in your rich set up - head slot to infinity hat or 3rd age mage hat, shield slot to arcane SS, boots to infinity and seers ring instead of archers on top of what you still want to upgrade. I personally have been playing with barrows a bit trying to find a decent setup for fast runs and i found that void is no better than nearly max mage setup, and using rapier+d deffy to kill ahrim and karil. I have not spend enough time to research if anything is better than that but i tried a few runs with arma chest skirt and blowpipe and melee works better than bp. But very nice, thumbs up dude!

Thanks for the feedback, and the rich setup is just my personal setup for runs, but if you're talking about max gear

(Tome of fire (i) )  +Swamp Trident tops everything!

Edited by Zezima

unholy book over like ely / arcane switch? again not being a dick, I am actually wondering.