Iron Logic

Enormous Mole Rework

I think most players can agree that enormous mole is in dire need of a rework. The area he is located in is very glitchy and often causes players to be pulled into melee range, the mechanics themselves are a little iffy and the loot system doesn't seem to work all of the time.

Let's start with the area:

• The pillars need to be removed as they constantly cause players to run into melee range and get 1 hit a lot of the time.
  • The weird monkey bars need to be removed as they aren't even supposed to be there, doesn't look good.

Mechanics:

Enormous mole isn't really a boss that you can use tactics against unless you are with a small ground of skilled players. But nowadays it is always filled with newer players who have no idea what they are doing and honestly, most of the time it ends up punishing the players who know what to do. E-Mole is just a RuneX lottery. 

• The entangle attack: This attack is fairly easy to avoid, but usually when you click off of it and then attack the boss again, you get pathed right back over the attack you are avoiding, it also seems like you can be hit by the attack meant for other players, especially if the attacks are on the same square. This attack should be changed to only allow you to be damaged by the attack aimed at you, the attack shouldn't hit you after you step back off it and the entangle lasts too long.
    To balance out the entangle, simply increase the damage the player takes but lower the time. The freeze can be so long that getting hit once removes your chance at loot due to the boss losing over half its HP by the time you can move again.
  • The melee Attack: This is far too harsh, especially given the issues with pathing and the size of the boss, most of the time you can't even see if the boss is attacking you until you suddenly take 115 damage in 1-2 ticks. There is a big difference between a boss with difficult mechanics and a death lottery. 
    This attack needs to be changed so that players can see that they are being attacked. By all means let the attack itself hit 100-150 damage, but spread it out a little bit so that it can be combo ate at the very least. 
  • Hitpoints: I think it would be beneficial for the boss itself in the long run for it's hitpoints to be based off the amount of players who are inside of the room when it spawns. 

Loot system:

As far as I know, if you do 5%+ damage to the boss, you get the loot. But from my last 5 or so trips this does not seem to be the case. But if it is the case, as long as the mechanics and area are changed it should be a lot easier for players to get the 5% since they are not constantly running away or frozen for half the kill. 

I have, in multiple instances now, killed the Enormous Mole and dealt AT LEAST 200 damage (which is over 5%) and not received a drop at all. 

I support all of these changes as well - we need a severe rework of this boss. It's impossible to kill for newer players and a snowball's chance for vets. 

I too have had many instances where I know for a fact that I've dealt at least 5% and not gotten a drop, not only is this stopping me from getting skins and claws but stopping me frmo getting gems during the event. It's almost like a lottery if I get the loot or not, even if i get 10% damage every single kill

Yes, as an ironman - I have set up a gilded cannon - and had good gear and know I have done well over 5% damage and never had a drop - Nor a "kill" added to my achievement - This is super annoying. Please fix.

+1 for me. I’ve tried e mole out a couple of times thus far and your suggestions are logical and reasonable. Especially that hp one for me. Mad support 😁