Sign in to follow this  
52xp

[PvM] In-Depth Cerberus Guide

Cerberus icon CERBERUS Cerberus icon

Cerberus is one of the easier bosses to kill here on Runex, only costing you a couple food and Super Restores/Prayer Potions per trip.
That being said, he has one of the better drop tables for any player to farm.. and he can help you make a lot of money.

Table of Contents: 
1.) Recommended Stats
2.) Recommended Gear
3.) How do I get there?

4.) What about LOOT?
5.) Other Useful Info

1.) Recommended Stats

Please note, you are REQUIRED to have Slayer icon 91+ Slayer before attacking Cerberus.

Cerberus primarily uses Magic icon Magic and for that reason, you need to have Prayer icon 37 Prayer (I'd recommend Prayer icon 92+ for 4MMWjIY.png Soul Split).

He (she?) is primarily weak to Crush style Crush attacks and Stab style Stab is your second best bet.

Your stats should ideally be Attack icon 90+ Attack, Strength icon 90+ Strength, Defence icon 90+ Defence & Hitpoints icon 90+ Hitpoints.

2.) Recommended Gear

There are a lot of options here and most things can be substituted..

So for the sake of this guide, I will have a layout showing you the best to worst setup.

Note: Cerberus is best killed on a Slayer Task for the extra damage from the Slayer Helmet.

Spoiler

Head slot eXGIGBU.png Fused Slayer Helmet > XGHlMyF.png Melee Slayer Helmet > Slayer helmet Slayer Helmet
Neck slot gYUhuDp.png Torture (or) Amulet > TpUSFVh.png Nardah Amulet > Amulet of torture Torture Amulet
Cape slot vLrfqmM.png Infernal Max Cape > Max cape Max Cape > Infernal cape Infernal Cape
Torso slot PrJNlCU.png Draconic Plate > qTGwQOv.png Mystic Sand Top > 24ABKCQ.png Cursed Plate
Legs slot WUeqoix.png Draconic Platelegs > XmE3KUm.png Mystic Sand Legs > xJHpRyY.png Cursed Platelegs
Gloves slot Gd5Dao6.png Molten Gauntlets > rtHY9RL.png Penance Gloves, Barrows gloves Barrows Gloves
Boots slot 5Xfspqt.png Warria Boots > zGJJJzs.png Molten Boots > Primordial boots Primordial Boots
Ring slot iYHvxvm.png Ring of War > DcC7SgD.png Cursed Ring (i) > Berserker ring Berserker Ring (i)  
Ammo slot UNL5yny.png War Blessing > gZm8csk.png Cursed Blessing > Any Blessing
Weapon slot PHXlgrj.png Cursed Blade > Chaotic longsword Chaotic Long (i) > Chaotic rapier Chaotic Rapier (i)
Shield slotSpectral spirit shield Spectral Spirit Shield > Dragonfire shield Dragonfire Shield > najUGTm.png Dragon Defender (t)

3.) How do I get there?

At the time of making this guide, there are only two ways to get to Cerberus.

Spoiler

Option 1:

Spellbook --> Boss Teleports (the Sword icon) --> Cerberus --> Teleport
I0OBpBu.png

Option 2:

This option requires having a boss portal room in your Player-Owned House.

::home --> House Portal --> Portal Room --> Cerberus
ufmtXX4.png

Unfortunately, I don't have a POH Boss Portal to show you - but it will look similar to this. :^)

4.) What about LOOT?

Cerberus has dozens of great drops, especially for Ironmen accounts, but the best ones are here:

Spoiler

The main items we're after are the three Crystals used to upgrade Boots.

lUSstL8.png

The Primordial crystal Primordial Crystal is used on Dragon boots Dragon Boots to obtain Primordial boots Primordial Boots.

The Eternal crystal Eternal Crystal is used on Infinity boots Infinity Boots to obtain Eternal boots Eternal Boots.

The Pegasian crystal Pegasian Crystal is used on Ranger boots Ranger Boots to obtain Pegasian boots Pegasian Boots.

These boots are some of the best in the game at this time and are used very commonly in most setups.

They also go for a fair bit of GP in-game - anywhere from Coins 10000 100-300m (Eternal-Primordial).

The Dinh's bulwark Dinh's Bulwark, while not often used, is another rare drop from Cerberus. This will net you about Coins 10000 50-100m GP.

The final and rarest drop from Cerberus - the Hellpuppy Pet. These are worth about Coins 10000 250-300m GP and are one of the rarer boss pets on Runex.

5.) Other Useful Info

Cerberus is a pretty straightforward boss to kill. With that being said, you won't need much help killing it.

Spoiler

Once you enter his chamber, run slightly North until you find Clifford's deformed cousin. 

BejCzBQ.png

You can either use 4MMWjIY.png Soul Split or Protect from Magic Protect from Magic while fighting Cerberus, making sure to keep your Prayer points up.

If you so choose - you may bring any special attack weapon to faster kills. I would recommend Dragon claws Dragon Claws.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, J said:

He (she?) is primarily weak to Crush style Crush attacks

Did...You..Just.. As..Assum...Asummme....

pS5vNFv.jpg

Awesome guide though, mate! Keep 'em coming! :)

• Like 2