MatthewTDG

Pvp in ::home

A couple days back i reported to dillan that there was a player attacked in ::home but without a screenshot he couldnt go off of anything. just 10 minutes ago though a player was attacked by Mediix and this time the guy was killed. i figured it wouldn't matter since he was killed in a safe zone so nothing would be lost. about 30 seconds later however his items started appearing on the ground and people went on a looting spree. unless this is some elaborate trick then pk'ing in a safe zone does still drop their items for the pk'ers.

I believe it was designed this way. Whenever you teleport from a wilderness fight you have a 10 second timer that the person you were fighting can still attack you. However, whenever you walk/run out of level 1 wilderness while being attacked there is no 10 second timer. I believe this is a bug and they should have the 10 second timer when entering the safe zone when in a fight. They should both be the same instead of two different standards, though. I do not really care if they remove the 10 second timer or add a 10 second timer when you run into the safe zone from wilderness. But it should be the same.

oh? so they are tp'ing out and the pk'er tp's and attacks them after they think they are safe? correct me if i'm wrong but isn't that timer not in the game anymore because everyone hated it? once you escape the person you're running from/fighting you should be safe. maybe running out of level 1 since that's risk fighting but tp'ing definitely no

2 minutes ago, MatthewTDG said:

oh? so they are tp'ing out and the pk'er tp's and attacks them after they think they are safe? correct me if i'm wrong but isn't that timer not in the game anymore because everyone hated it? once you escape the person you're running from/fighting you should be safe. maybe running out of level 1 since that's risk fighting but tp'ing definitely no

This timer is a good thing. Keeps rushers and shit from just insta teleing

7 minutes ago, MatthewTDG said:

you could just make it to where you can't tp if you've attacked in the last 10 seconds

that'd be stupid...means you couldn't run from pkers

12 minutes ago, forrest said:

that'd be stupid...means you couldn't run from pkers

you didn't listen to what i said... "if you attack" if the player can be pj'd then your timers up basically.

it's good for the pk'ers bad for the pvm'ers. it isn't balanced. most people don't even know of the timer so the second they tp they let their guard down.

This happened to me earlier with mediix, I died due to venom on his serp helm. He wasn't able to attack me though when I was home. 

1 minute ago, Clair said:

This happened to me earlier with mediix, I died due to venom on his serp helm. He wasn't able to attack me though when I was home. 

There's a doctor who heals you

1 hour ago, MatthewTDG said:

it's good for the pk'ers bad for the pvm'ers. it isn't balanced. most people don't even know of the timer so the second they tp they let their guard down.

It does not effect pvmers, though.. A monster is not going to teleport to home and attack you.

2 hours ago, MatthewTDG said:

I feel like they both need to be the same. I'd prefer the 10 second timer for running out of wildy and teleporting, but I'd be fine with being completely safe once you reached a safe zone. (Aside from getting dropped to poison @ a safe zone) As is, you should know if you are going to teleport from a fight to teleport with a few food left so you can still eat incase they follow you home.

1 hour ago, Clair said:

Ahh. That is rough, but you should of talked to the healer when you teleported home. :(  It is a little bit crappy, but in real rs when you get poisoned you can still die from it when in a safe zone if you do not eat up quick enough or cure it. I remember a couple scenarios where I ran out of food and I was poisoned from a dragon dagger and I went to bank and realized I had no cures or food left in my bank and I died on the run to the grand exchange. LOL It sucks, but I think it is perfectly valid and justified.

14 hours ago, forrest said:

There's a doctor who heals you

I went afk after teleporting home. Didn't know I was venomed otherwise I woulda hit up my girl sarah

I will explain how this is fair, introducing a key detail that none of you have pointed out. I PK a good amount and empirically I have concluded this.

The timer is ONLY introduced if the player who teles out is fighting back. If the player is NOT fighting back, there won't be a timer when they tele out.

Test it yourselves. Solves everyone's problems.

3 hours ago, King Kyle said:

I will explain how this is fair, introducing a key detail that none of you have pointed out. I PK a good amount and empirically I have concluded this.

The timer is ONLY introduced if the player who teles out is fighting back. If the player is NOT fighting back, there won't be a timer when they tele out.

That is true. :P  I've noticed that before as well.

On 2/21/2017 at 7:19 PM, King Kyle said:

Correct.

This is an intended mechanic, not a bug. But nonetheless, thank you for the report.

Locked.