Sign in to follow this  
oops

Allow Votes to "stack"

Allowing votes to stack means such, when i vote once every 12 hours and dont do ::redeem ingame it would allow me to log in at the 24hr mark and do ::redeem receiving 6 vote points rather then 3, there are times where i can vote once every 12 hours but cant log in until the next "12" hours mark to do ::redeem, when i have done this in the past i only receive the most recent vote. Implementing this would mean people can vote daily and not ::redeem it for x amount of days but still vote every 12 hours to get the reward next time they log in, meaning if they are busy on a vacation but have access to their phone but not a laptop/desktop they can still vote and not lose out on voting points.

TL;DR

• Vote twice in one day = 6 points
  • if not redeemed before you vote again u lose 3 points.

solution?

• Allow votes to stack 
  • if not redeemed before voting the second time you are able to redeem 6 points (assuming you have voted only twice since the last ::redeem)
Edited by oops

I see no problem with this, you have my support.

Voting also needs a revamp (IMHO)

• Remove the "Pimp" hats.. Making them discontinued
  • Update the vote page, its outdated and needs some TLC.
  • Beef up the reward(s) from the Voting Chest
  • Add a special item every 2-3 weeks, then make it discontinued.

bumping this because  ive ran into the issue where i voted but was unable to redeem the points because i didnt redeem them at the time i voted so when i voted again in 12 hours i lost 3 vote points.

Going to have to say no to this for one simple reason. Vote abusing. Vote abusing via Runelocus is easy to do already and with this implemented it would show people voting for x3 vote tickets a few times. Aswell as we couldn't tell who is vote abusing or not. 

Vote abusing is very harmful to a server because voting sites could potentially blacklist our server from being hosted on their site. I've seen occasions in the past of servers being blacklisted from Runelocus. 

4 hours ago, Raw said:

Going to have to say no to this for one simple reason. Vote abusing. Vote abusing via Runelocus is easy to do already and with this implemented it would show people voting for x3 vote tickets a few times. Aswell as we couldn't tell who is vote abusing or not. 

Vote abusing is very harmful to a server because voting sites could potentially blacklist our server from being hosted on their site. I've seen occasions in the past of servers being blacklisted from Runelocus. 

Completely agree with this. The idea itself isn't bad at all, but it does still have flaws.

Not to hijack your suggestion, but what if we could essentially ::redeem via the voting page? This would allow you to vote and redeem it without getting in-game but would continue to limit you to the 3-vote-period.

19 hours ago, Raw said:

You can lock the votes via forums as well, there are already ways to "vote abuse"  and its pretty easy to tell if someone is doing so, im just saying allow us to redeem more then 3 points ingame per 12 hours, i have played many servers where this was implemented and never had a issue, there is going to always be people to vote abuse but there is also ways to lock it via IP address on forums before allowing them to go to the page to vote, client side there would be a difference in allowing more then just 3 votes in 12 hours, basically uncapping it, because as it is right now i could change my  up addresse using a VPN and keep voting to abuse the votes (yes i would be un able to redeem it on one account) but locking it via forums would be a better response then locking it client side

---

Also adding in a "voting high-scores" per month would also help to keep track of this.

for example, in a month thats 31 days you could only redeem 186 vote points so for anyone above "186" you would know they are vote abusing 

Edited by oops