Sign in to follow this  
Velo

Velo Supreme Ironman Progress [YT-Event]

Hi, I have never recorded gameplay despite playing RS since 2004. This event has inspired me to give it a go as it coincided perfectly with my return to the server and creation of my new Supreme Ironman, Velo. I will hopefully be posting daily videos throughout the event and if all goes well, afterwards too!

I have no idea what I am doing in regards to recording and editing though, so some help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Currently using OBS and Windows Movie Maker to 'record/edit' - quotes because I can barely call it that!

Episode 1 - Farming, Herblore and Voting - Fixed some technical issues, still a long way to go!

Episode 0 - Account creation and daily money making activities - Amazing boot loot! :)

Unfortunately my recording software wasn't setup correctly for this one, so the resolution and screen size is messed up and I can't re-record account creation. You can still see the progress and future videos will be better, I promise!

Edited by Velo
  • Thanks 1

Great start @Velo! Although, I understand that this is start of your new Supreme iron and your journey into a Runex series; I think I speak for us all here when I say that your content needs to be a bit more fast paced in order to captivate us as an audience. 

I would suggest the following;

• Not recording 5 minutes of you doing a few inventories of skilling and focus on actually showing us progress of the whole day seeing as you're doing daily videos.
  • Skilling isn't the most exhilarating thing to do by yourself, let alone watching someone else do it. I'm not saying don't include skilling but switch it up and incorporate multiple aspects of the game into each video. 
  • To not try and make us cry with the music (Episode 1).
  • Speed up the frame rate a bit, not massively but defiantly.

However, I think it's great how you explain details about Runex as you go along, providing the information newcomers and people who are thinking about joining us need.

Keep it up Velo! You're doing good so far! Looking forwards to the next few episodes. Good luck :) 

• Like 1

Thanks @Kong

You're right, it's a pretty boring video, haven't quite figured out all the technical aspects of recording/editing yet. Working on clips for part 2, it'll be much more fast paced!

I'll keep that song for when I die and lose my bank :)