Iron Logic

'Dead' wilderness content

Just compiling a list of wilderness content that in my mind I consider outdated, not worth doing or even merely little known. I know that calling something 'dead content' is a little harsh, but at some point you have to face the reality that when you release new and exciting content constantly you can expect some things to get left behind in the dust. However, As I said, most of these are merely outdated and just need a few touch ups to fix.
Feel free to comment some things you feel should be added here as well.

I will be making more of these posts in the upcoming days, the wilderness was just a nice closed off area to start.

• Mage Arena,

Let's face it, the items in the magic token shop aren't amazing except for a few such as the infinity book. For Ironmen, Mage arena is useful to grind out a few of the essentials, but for main accounts there is no real point since the grind is long and in a short time they can just gather wealth from other sources and buy the items they require. 
The biggest part of this issue is that the desired items seem to come into the game more through minigame boxes and donor chests rather than the minigame itself. 
A possible method of improving this situation would be the release of infinity re-colouring kits which would drive up the price of infinity, especially the parts that no-one currently wants. 

• Mage Arena 2 Bosses,

These are cool bosses, but quite frankly, once you have your capes you never really revisit these guys. I'd like to see a general drop table added to each of the bosses as well as a 100% chance to drop a handful of magic tokens. Making the bosses a viable alternative to farming magic tokens.

• Frost Dragons and Lava dragons,

There isn't a great deal of reasons to kill these apart from the King lava dragon teleports and the cursed blessing, everything else isn't worth killing them for.
So a few things need to be balanced,
The visage from both of these dragons should be a lot more common, 1 in 10k from the riskiest dragons to kill doesn't cut it.
The king lava dragon teleport from the lava dragons needs to be balanced out with the lava feather exchange.
The blood money trader in edgeville either needs much higher prices, or to be removed permanently.
Cursed boots need a buff, they are currently fairly useless.
Noted dragon bones should be replaced with noted lava or frost bones,
Both should be added to the wilderness slayer task list. 

• Chaos Druid Warriors,

Nothing major, they are actually really nice for mid level ironmen. But at a point theu become redundant, it would be cool to see a rare drop of elder chaos robes added to them to make them a little more worth killing for higher levels.

• Cursed Tree,

Since the update causing tokens/tickets to turn to dust on death, the cursed tree is almost never used.
I'd like to see ticket degrade rather than turn to dust. Maybe costing 20-50k to repair. This would be a decent money sink as well as allow tickets to be used within the wilderness, bringing life back to the cursed tree.

• Runite Ore (In the cursed caverns),

No-one mines rune, let alone inside the cursed caverns. I'd like to see them be converted to 'cursed' rocks, requiring 85 mining to mine to keep in line with the cursed tree.
These rocks could give runite ore, but not get used up like a regular rock, instead staying for 5-10 ores and being faster to mine. 
I'd like to see this area be the new faster mining method since granite is very boring and a huge gap to 99.

• Training Grounds,

This area isn't really used, but if it was updated a little bit it would be fun.
The first change that is required is to prevent items degrading on death inside the area. Items such as pvp armour, ancient bracelet and imbued god capes.

• Lava Eel Fishing,

I don't think anyone has ever fished these. Quite frankly there is no benefit for doing it.
The experience is terrible, it costs a lot to fish the, no-one buys them, the lava demons can pj you off the fishing spot and you have to bank quite a lot.
I'd like to see the fishing spots moved slightly away from the lava demon that can hit you and i'd like to see a few changes similar to the changes we saw with lava wagtails;
1. Add the chance for your rod to burn and damage the player,
2. Add the ability for raw lava eels to stack,
While it might seem a little overpowered at first, it is actually fairly balanced.
The stacking lava eels means players can stack longer without banking, but this increases the risk to the player greatly, it is already in a popular hotspot as well.
The burning rod helps to balance out the length of the trip as they will need to bring extra rods but that will take up slots for food. The damage from a rod burning will also use up food making a prolonged trip risky.

These changes will hopefully bring more lava eels into the game because they currently have no economy. 

I am a big runite ore miner in the caverns. My favorite way to grind cata tokens. But i wouldn't mind getting some extra speed to it.