Loud

Change/move wildy bosses.

Hello everyone

I know this is a very controversial topic. And we want the wilderness to be a place to pk, and risk things.

I don't mind getting pked once in a while, i'm in the wildy after all.

But at this point, there are barely any interesting and rewarding activities to do outside of the wilderness. (regarding pvm)

Yes we have raids, that is utterly broken.  We have bosses, but those aren't even near as rewarding as the wildy bosses.

This is my daily runex routine:

• Trying out some kharazi, gets pked,
  • Trying out killing some venenatis, gets pked within 5 mins (pretty sure I got multi logged here a few times awell)
  • Trying out some Callisto, gets teleblocked & barraged within 5 mins.
  • Killing a few lava demons or dragons, gets pked aswell.
  • Frustrated, logs out.
  • Logs in again, doing some dailies and some zulrah, realizing i'm not getting 1 step further and its not nearly as rewarding.
  • Logs out for the day.

I can handle getting pked once in a while, but at the moment I cant actually play the game without it.

My suggestion is to either move some wildy bosses out of the wildy, or make some non wildy bosses more rewarding and fun.

Midgame, runex feels incredibly empty. For me atleast.

Meanwhile i'm waiting for raids fixes.

Curious to hear what you think about this!

• Like 1

It's almost like the wilderness is high risk high reward. That being said, i don't support removing or moving anything from the wilderness because it's a place where you have a risk factor added to it. You get good gear/stats by risking a death. 

Raids are fine right now if you duo or solo. Raids bugs are known to Ryan and should be patched by the next update. 

It should also be noted. - you don't have to use wilderness training methods or dailies at all. There's other dailies and methods to do. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Raw said:

It's almost like the wilderness is high risk high reward. That being said, i don't support removing or moving anything from the wilderness because it's a place where you have a risk factor added to it. You get good gear/stats by risking a death. 

Raids are fine right now if you duo or solo. Raids bugs are known to Ryan and should be patched by the next update. 

It should also be noted. - you don't have to use wilderness training methods or dailies at all. There's other dailies and methods to do. 

You misunderstand my point Raw. I recommend you to read it again.

As I literally say in my first sentence, it is indeed a place to risk things.

But for me, at the moment, there is no high reward, because i'm not allowed to go there.

I don't get pked once in a half an hour. (which would be reasonable)

I get pked within 5 minutes. Which means, for many pvmers, wildy is not an option to even consider visiting.

Which leaves me with only a few incredibly unsatisfying bosses. 

You know all too well that dailies at a certain point aren't enough to actually progress in the game.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Loud said:

You misunderstand my point Raw. I recommend you to read it again.

As I literally say in my first sentence, it is indeed a place to risk things.

But for me, at the moment, there is no high reward, because i'm not allowed to go there.

I don't get pked once in a half an hour. (which would be reasonable)

I get pked within 5 minutes. Which means, for many pvmers, wildy is not an option to even consider visiting.

Which leaves me with only a few incredibly unsatisfying bosses. 

You know all too well that dailies at a certain point aren't enough to actually progress in the game.

I understood your point completely. I pointed out why this will never change. Half the pkers on here stand down when you fight back anyway. Also, dailies are always worth doing at any combat or point in the game.

18 hours ago, Raw said:

I understood your point completely. I pointed out why this will never change. Half the pkers on here stand down when you fight back anyway. Also, dailies are always worth doing at any combat or point in the game.

LOL @ half the pkers stand down

Pkers on the server is without doubt a problem. Everyone who says otherwise are ignorant. It's true what he say, you can be in wilderness in 5 minutes and then get pked. If you want to avoid this you have to buy immunity for 1b or know the pkers enough to avoid them to kill you. Even buying immunity is not an option anymore because too many have done it, so the pkers get bored because they accepted immunity. I heard pkers paying back the money they accepted so they could have more people to kill.

It's no secret that the player base is going down, and actually not even slow. Staff members playing other servers to find people to pk, a lot of other people as well going to other server because on here you have the boring no rewarding bosses, or get pked in wilderness. The pkers that is on the server complain about there being no one to pk anymore. Well open your eyes. Why do you think that is? They stopped going to the wilderness or even quit, because they can't use that part of the server due to imediat and consistantly being killed. 

The famous "High risk, high reward" comment is drying out. It's true, but only for a small amount of players on the server. It's mainly 1 team on the server and they all pk together. Might be a few smaller once in there too. I honestly don't keep track on them, because I am AFK most of the time these days. 

Finding a fix for the pk issue is probably impossible, because pkers will remain pkers and pvmers will remain pvmers. 

Removing content from the wilderness have already been done by putting them into the Elite donator zone "::ezone" which is accessed for everyone with the $100 rank and up. You also find wilderness content in the VIP zone "::vip" which is accessed for everyone with the $500 rank and up. Removing more content from the wilderness would make that place dead too. 

I agree on a lot of what @Loud is saying, but I also agree on a lot of what @Raw is saying. 

I honestly don't see a solution to this problem, not one that can be coded atleast. Pvmers can start pking, but getting on the level of some of the most active pkers is not happening over night and Runex is not the place to start practicing. Pkers can stop being so overly aggressive in the wilderness, but that'll take away their fun in killing defenseless pvmers.

17 hours ago, Matt said:

Pkers on the server is without doubt a problem. Everyone who says otherwise are ignorant. It's true what he say, you can be in wilderness in 5 minutes and then get pked. If you want to avoid this you have to buy immunity for 1b or know the pkers enough to avoid them to kill you. Even buying immunity is not an option anymore because too many have done it, so the pkers get bored because they accepted immunity. I heard pkers paying back the money they accepted so they could have more people to kill.

It's no secret that the player base is going down, and actually not even slow. Staff members playing other servers to find people to pk, a lot of other people as well going to other server because on here you have the boring no rewarding bosses, or get pked in wilderness. The pkers that is on the server complain about there being no one to pk anymore. Well open your eyes. Why do you think that is? They stopped going to the wilderness or even quit, because they can't use that part of the server due to imediat and consistantly being killed. 

The famous "High risk, high reward" comment is drying out. It's true, but only for a small amount of players on the server. It's mainly 1 team on the server and they all pk together. Might be a few smaller once in there too. I honestly don't keep track on them, because I am AFK most of the time these days. 

Finding a fix for the pk issue is probably impossible, because pkers will remain pkers and pvmers will remain pvmers. 

Removing content from the wilderness have already been done by putting them into the Elite donator zone "::ezone" which is accessed for everyone with the $100 rank and up. You also find wilderness content in the VIP zone "::vip" which is accessed for everyone with the $500 rank and up. Removing more content from the wilderness would make that place dead too. 

I agree on a lot of what @Loud is saying, but I also agree on a lot of what @Raw is saying. 

I honestly don't see a solution to this problem, not one that can be coded atleast. Pvmers can start pking, but getting on the level of some of the most active pkers is not happening over night and Runex is not the place to start practicing. Pkers can stop being so overly aggressive in the wilderness, but that'll take away their fun in killing defenseless pvmers.

Totally true. But this is exactly the discussion we should be having, instead of avoiding it. By repeating the indeed dying "but its wildy" argument. I DO think it is fixable. I don't understand why the pvmer vs pker part has to be so important. Let pkers pk pkers, and let pvmers pvm. Change it so it makes AND pk VS pk rewarding AND pvming outside of the wildy.<

I understand you aswell RAW. But saying ''it will never change'' means accepting the server is dying and giving us Imps to hunt instead of meaningful changes. (in my eyes)

The reason I have a big mouth about this is because I care about the server, as we all do here.

I don't really see a problem here.

I'm a pvmer and rarely go into the wilderness and i don't feel like i'm missing out on anything. There is a ton of other stuff to do that is way more rewarding than killing wilderness bosses or farming lava demons. 

Moneymaking is really easy on runex imo. And there are a lot of fun things outside of the wilderness. 

5 hours ago, Loud said:

Totally true. But this is exactly the discussion we should be having, instead of avoiding it. By repeating the indeed dying "but its wildy" argument. I DO think it is fixable. I don't understand why the pvmer vs pker part has to be so important. Let pkers pk pkers, and let pvmers pvm. Change it so it makes AND pk VS pk rewarding AND pvming outside of the wildy.<

I understand you aswell RAW. But saying ''it will never change'' means accepting the server is dying and giving us Imps to hunt instead of meaningful changes. (in my eyes)

The reason I have a big mouth about this is because I care about the server, as we all do here.

May aswell ban pking while you're at it. It's wilderness for a reason man. It's not going to change and it's not going to make the game 'die' because you can't kill a spider, bear or chaos elemental. 

16 hours ago, Raw said:

May aswell ban pking while you're at it. It's wilderness for a reason man. It's not going to change and it's not going to make the game 'die' because you can't kill a spider, bear or chaos elemental. 

Where are your arguments Raw? Is "it's wilderness for a reason man" the only thing you can think of?  

Are you even reading my or Matts text? You flat out ignore Matt here.

Definition of a discussion: the action or process of talking about something in order to reach a decision or to exchange ideas.

So, where exactly is the exchange of ideas here? I'm pinpointing several things here, not one ideology. 

Again, and again: I'm not against the wilderness.

I just think it needs changes. The server is boring AF mid-endgame.

Yes, money is easy to gather (maybe too easy in my opinion).

Its Spidey, BearBear, Magmadem00n, MagmaDrag00n, Ch0asEle, Fr0zDrag00n, chestbr0s.

And hey, they're much more profitable & fun than their non-wildy counterparts.

If there is no more you can say about this, please end this topic so I can move on to another server and let this one die inevitably.

Edited by Loud

24 minutes ago, Loud said:

Where are your arguments Raw? Is "it's wilderness for a reason man" the only thing you can think of?  

Are you even reading my or Matts text? You flat out ignore Matt here.

Definition of a discussion: the action or process of talking about something in order to reach a decision or to exchange ideas.

So, where exactly is the exchange of ideas here? I'm pinpointing several things here, not one ideology. 

Again, and again: I'm not against the wilderness.

I just think it needs changes. The server is boring AF mid-endgame.

Yes, money is easy to gather (maybe too easy in my opinion).

Its Spidey, BearBear, Magmadem00n, MagmaDrag00n, Ch0asEle, Fr0zDrag00n, chestbr0s.

And hey, they're much more profitable & fun than their non-wildy counterparts.

If there is no more you can say about this, please end this topic so I can move on to another server and let this one die inevitably.

"hey, i didn't get the response i wanted so I'm going to rant" oldschool runescape has people that kill pvmers, that game is still alive. Every single rsps has people that kill people in the wilderness. I didn't respond to Matt because i didn't need to. Games don't die because 1 person doesn't get his way. If you're going to leave this game because you can't kill something in the wilderness then goodbye. 

• Thanks 1

How is the mid- end game boring? There's a ton of bosses to grind, Nardah, 200+ achievements to get, Inferno, Tens of thousands runecoins to farm out...the list goes on and on.

I only wish i had actual nolifing time to play and do all the stuff i want to.

It seems to me that you are just bored and think that the real endgame is in the wildy...but it's not imo...i have a few thousand combined kills on the wildy bosses alone and they are not that rewarding. On some days you might get lucky but on some days you have to kill a few hundred to get a global drop. 

It really confuses me when you say the server is boring AF and there's nothing to do. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Humpy said:

How is the mid- end game boring? There's a ton of bosses to grind, Nardah, 200+ achievements to get, Inferno, Tens of thousands runecoins to farm out...the list goes on and on.

It seems to me that you are just bored and think that the real endgame is in the wildy...but it's not imo...i have a few thousand combined kills on the wildy bosses alone and they are not that rewarding. On some days you might get lucky but on some days you have to kill a few hundred to get a global drop. 

It really confuses me when you say the server is boring AF and there's nothing to do. 

You say you dont have the actual nolifing time and yet you comment on it?

I never said the server is boring AF or there's nothing to do. I said mid-endgame is boring AF (with no lifing time included!!).

I also never said wildy is end game, or the place to be.

So stop taking my words out of context!

I'm talking about the quality of content, not the amount.

We're getting off-topic with the what there is to do and what there is not to do.

Everyone has their own playstyles and things they like or not. So yes! Maybe you haven't run into the same problems as me. Is that really so confusing?

7 hours ago, Raw said:

"hey, i didn't get the response i wanted so I'm going to rant" oldschool runescape has people that kill pvmers, that game is still alive. Every single rsps has people that kill people in the wilderness. I didn't respond to Matt because i didn't need to. Games don't die because 1 person doesn't get his way. If you're going to leave this game because you can't kill something in the wilderness then goodbye. 

No Raw. My response comes from the fact that i'm baffled that you seem to be incapable of a even remotely on-topic and elaborated answer.

And as I mentioned 3x now, I don't mind getting pked now and then. That is indeed a part of osrs aswell!

What doesn't happen in osrs, and my whole point of even starting this topic is the frequency of it!

Roaming in osrs wildy for 2 hours: gets killed twice

Roaming in Runex wildy for 2 hours: gets killed every 5 minutes

Do you see the difference there Raw?

I stopped playing since a week, tried to find a reason to come back.

Couldn't find it, now close this topic please. ;)

You can not control the amount of times you are attacked in the wilderness, that would be nonsense. Eliminating pvm bosses from the wilderness would only kill the wilderness even more. Everyone would be pvming outside of the wilderness with 0 risk of losing their rare drops. If you do not like @Raw's opinion than do not make a thread in suggestions where people can easily oppose it. 

I disagree completely and will hope they never be removed from the wilderness.

Find alternatives.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Humpy said:

Keep in mind that you also have the VIP rank, which means you kill the majority of wilderness bosses safe at VIP Zone. I've seen you there a lot. So you've not risked dying to a pker while doing wilderness content such as those bosses. 

What's not rewarding to you can be very rewarding to someone else that don't have your kind of rank or bank.

This is all a matter of opinion vs opinion and the thread will get no where. I am sure we all can come up with a lot of different reasons to why it need a change and reasons to why it don't need changes. Either way, it'll just become a spam post.

I get killed pvm all the time and I still don’t think they should be taken out. As much as it makes me mad i will still keep on grinding.

• Like 1

Locking this thread at the request of the thread creator.