smithers

help

I had to factory reset my laptop for work, ive downloaded java and saved the file so it opens through java but it wont work? does anyone know why.

Edited by smithers

Smithers, try uninstalling ALL versions of java from your computer as well as deleting the client and cache. reinstall java JDK only from the java/oracle site, and after reinstalling try redownloading again. if you still get an error screenshot it and put it here

On 2/16/2017 at 9:27 PM, forrest said:

go to java.com and install java. it will uninstall all other versions

i had this specific problem forrest, in order to fix the pathing for "dummies" no offense all you have to do is manually uninstall, and get a new copy of JDK

1 minute ago, Jacobias said:

i had this specific problem forrest, in order to fix the pathing for "dummies" no offense all you have to do is manually uninstall, and get a new copy of JDK

1 minute ago, Jacobias said:

More than half the people with problems have no idea how to locate specific files

On 2/17/2017 at 0:24 AM, forrest said:

More than half the people with problems have no idea how to locate specific files

I feel like that makes my strategy a good plan... start>programs>remove programs>find all the java ones and remove then start fresh? simply reinstalling the same instance of the same program wont fix the obviously broken path he has

Edited by Jacobias

23 minutes ago, Jacobias said:

I feel like that makes my strategy a good plan... start>programs>remove programs>find all the java ones and remove then start fresh? simply reinstalling the same instance of the same program wont fix the obviously broken path he has

If you to to java and download the "latest version" it will automagically remove past versions

I feel like your best bet as of right now is a system restore to a point where you could log onto runex without fault, or a complete system wipe depending on how bad youd like to play. 

On 2/17/2017 at 9:44 AM, Dillan said:

I feel like your best bet as of right now is a system restore to a point where you could log onto runex without fault, or a complete system wipe depending on how bad youd like to play. 

this is total overkill...

smithers just watch this vid, follow it, and remove all java programs you see, go to the website and get it back. you can just google "JDK JAVA DOWNLOAD" and make sure you only use the official java/oracle site