Matt

Spice up the Third-Age gear

ORIGINAL SUGGESTION

Imagine trimmed 3rd age gear.

I picture myself for example the melee top and bot having the same texture as the grim phat, but only on knee pads and shoulders.

Not put much thought into it though, just thought of it 1 minute before posting this :P

Be honest, would be dope with trimmed 3rd age.

ADDED

Had a little chat with @Lucky Bucket, and he suggested that it could be ornament instead of a trimmed version of the 3rd age, because that could potentially ruin the price of the current 3rd age gear in-game. So instead of trimmed. Ornament that you can add on the armour pieces, giving it the effect of the grim party hat or the infernal max cape. 

This could also be some sort of money sink aswell as good fashionscape. If you want to remove the ornament from a gear piece, you'd have to speak to the dwarf at ::home and he'll remove it and give you the ornament back for a fee of 50m per piece.

THIRD-AGE ORNAMENT

Obtained through hard or elite task scrolls, prize boxes, vote tickets.

----

If anyone have anything they might think of to add to this, please pm me and I'll see if I add it. 

Edited by Matt
Added to post

Just now, Roger said:

nty

That's rude af :( You did that just to fk with me :(

I will +1 this, just because of the suggestions of adding ornament kits instead of just making trimmed 3rd age, the 3rd age is one of the best looking
cosmetics in runescape overall, and it really deserves a wealth on its own. In my opinion i think that the server needs more updates on the cosmetic side, as from bugs to new and "improved" cosmetics (like this one Matt just suggested), for the bugs, i mean for example that the purple elegant for female is not equip-able and i do not know if there are more cosmetics like this in the game. I know @Lauren has been talking about a pair of gloves, that i think yet has to be fixed. This ofcourse is not a huge side effect of the gameplay itself but its a nice asset to have since there are people with
the interest in these kinds of things.

Edited by Adam
  • Like 1

No support. 3rd age gear is iconic for a reason. If you do it to 1 piece you have to do it to all and they would just look awful the way you described. 

nty.

@Raw Its not that iconic here though as it seems, it can be sold for 20m like a whip which is not what 3rd age would usually be valued at. And he did not tell them to MAKE them like the grim partyhat trim or infernal, its just a suggestion to further on use their own ideas and make 3rd age ornamented items. For example cursed 3rd age? (insert joke)

I bet if any ornament would come, it'd be cursed, cause everything new is cursed, cursed, cursed, cursed.

Just now, Adam said:

@Raw Its not that iconic here though as it seems, it can be sold for 20m like a whip which is not what 3rd age would usually be valued at. And he did not tell them to MAKE them like the grim partyhat trim or infernal, its just a suggestion to further on use their own ideas and make 3rd age ornamented items. For example cursed 3rd age? (insert joke)

Whether you think it's iconic or not means nothing because it's a trademark armor. I don't care for his suggestion because it only benefits himself because he wants something to match his hat. Suggestions shouldn't be about things that only benefit 1 person. 3rd age recolored doesn't add any benefits to the server and just make it look like a gross attempt at a custom item.

4 minutes ago, Raw said:

Whether you think it's iconic or not means nothing because it's a trademark armor. I don't care for his suggestion because it only benefits himself because he wants something to match his hat. Suggestions shouldn't be about things that only benefit 1 person. 3rd age recolored doesn't add any benefits to the server and just make it look like a gross attempt at a custom item.

I came to think of it yes because it match my outfit, but how the fk does it benefit me alone when it's in the game for everyone to get? That makes no sense at all. I could turn the dice and do the same to you as you just did to me. You don't want it because YOU think it look gross. Let's not add it because it looks gross for 1 person.

That's kinda how people come up with things.
"Oh look, that could be nice together with this, or ooh that could be a nice thing to add"

Then it evolve from there. Called evolution! Woah who would've thought!

Edited by Matt

Just now, Matt said:

I came to think of it yes because it match my outfit, but how the fk does it benefit me alone when it's in the game for everyone to get? That makes no sense at all.

It makes perfect sense. Even if everyone can get it they won't rock it because it'll look ugly without your hat. Realistically, you're the only person that would go for the full set (top bottom since you won't use helm)

I coulda simply said "make it a different color so it doesn't match grim" and you would have defended that because it doesn't suit your interests.

5 minutes ago, Raw said:

It makes perfect sense. Even if everyone can get it they won't rock it because it'll look ugly without your hat. Realistically, you're the only person that would go for the full set (top bottom since you won't use helm)

I coulda simply said "make it a different color so it doesn't match grim" and you would have defended that because it doesn't suit your interests.

I am not sure if I should laugh or cry about this right now. I suggested it because it suited my outfit, and I am sure there are other items out there that would suit that. I am not against it being a different color, I can adapt to that. But the way your saying I am suggesting something that ONLY benefit me is bullshit. From my point of view, you're attacking me for some reason. 

Suggest whatever you want, I'll support it if I think it would be nice in-game, but don't accuse me of shit out of the blue making me look like a selfish prick that only care if it benefit me. 

If you want to continue discussing this, pm me in-game or on the forum and we can continue it there, not on the forum post.

Edited by Matt

i for one am tired of shitty recolors/reanimation updates. 

i don't think there's any real need for 3a trimming and it wouldn't be utilized whatsoever. 

although i'm pretty much giving up on the notion that it could easily be fixed, like adam said, i've been pushing for graphic fixes for a year and nobody has done anything about it, so every recolor or animation update the team works on can fuck right on off.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

I am not sure if I should laugh or cry about this right now. I suggested it because it suited my outfit, and I am sure there are other items out there that would suit that. I am not against it being a different color, I can adapt to that. But the way your saying I am suggesting something that ONLY benefit me is bullshit. From my point of view, you're attacking me for some reason. 

Suggest whatever you want, I'll support it if I think it would be nice in-game, but don't accuse me of shit out of the blue making me look like a selfish prick that only care if it benefit me. 

If you want to continue discussing this, pm me in-game or on the forum and we can continue it there, not on the forum post.

I'm not attacking you, i'm attacking a pointless update that doesn't benefit anyone else. It's really nothing personal, I don't see why you're taking it that way.

Also I don't see a point in discussing this in-game or in a private message since you're already at home saying I woke up on the wrong side of the bed when all i'm doing is saying why it's a terrible update. It literally would only benefit your fashionscape.

Yikes, so lets look at it like this right, phats? Super iconic right? Everyone loves how they look and hmmm adding new textures!? The players will love it....

Oh wait this is RuneX, the only server that doesn't seem to give a flying fuck about cosmetics. Waste of dev time, they've tried this with phats and the only way anyone gets any value out of those is gambling noobs who have no clue and winning an item of value. While I am all for extra drops from task scrolls etc, this just seems like its set-up to fail. Either its going to be common enough to where anyone can get one then no one will want it, or some random eco cleaner will have the only set and make himself think it's 30B when no one has ever given a serious offer on it above 5b ( I am not hinting to any items in ga.... oh wait summer phat.)

Overall this doesn't seem like it would give the server any value, in fact it seems more like 1-2 players trying to make this like a custom server with 50000 different skins for the same damn item. No support from me.