Woox

Welcome To Raids

So You Want To Be A Raider?

Welcome Guys/Girls This will be a Guide for all those players Who Don't Really Play OldSchool Runescape Raids And are not Sure on the Strats/Gear/Mechanics of the Raid in this Guide We will cover All of the Following

I have Also Added in Some Example Kill Videos Sorry if a Bit Rough Not using my main Computer when videos were taken

*Gear Recommendations for Low Level Players & High Level players.

* Where to Go to Enter Raids.

*Inventory Setups

*Strategies/Mechanics.

*Tips and Tricks to Help you Out.

With Out Further ADue Lets get on into it.

Where to Find Raids For those who don't Know where to Find It

2h5439c.png

Go to Home And Talk to Librarian (Raids) Located Near the Nurse When to Teleport Home

Then  After Talking to the Libaraian u can Select Normal or higher Difficulty

2s1kr3k.png

Recommended Gear & Inventory Setup

This is the Setup I usually use for Raids As Follows Many people Will not have or Have Mid/Max Gear

Ps. I have tested all Types of gear and it is possible to do Raids Weither it be Green D Hide-Black D Hide, Ghost Robes-Mystic, Rune-Prossy (Prayer Set)

(and yes I forgot to Put Ring cause I cbf using 1 in raids just me XD)

For Prays its up to you if u want to use Curse Prays or Normal ( Reccomanded to use Normal Casue of Vigour Range Pray boost)

Left Low Fund Right High Fund

2s0iwxz.png18napx.jpg

Inventory Set up

Usally I take Blood Barrage Runes, Holy Wrench (More Pray Points), 1 Anti Fire/1 Anti Venom for Olm helps to do less farming 4 Manta Rays and 8 Brews, 6 Restores

2nd Invent  Choice After u have all Melee/Mage swaps/Runes  (Supplies Wise) 1 Anti venom 1 Anti Fire(depending if u don't think you will need the invent space for Extra Brews), Holy Wrench (More Pray Points), 6 Restores, Rest with Brews

Left Low Fund Right High Fund

js0fx5.png2nup2xl.jpg

For Gear setup if you don't have Void u can Just use Black D'hide with Archers Helm Karils/Kharazi (for those with More Money to spend for better Range gear)

Highly Reccomended to Bring Kharazi Spear (E) to Apply Venom to Vespa (Portal), Vesa (Crystal Stage) ,Olm (hands/Head if u don't mind Waiting till vemon kills Hands and go for head For People not too worried about points and just wanna Down Olm).

Ranged Weapons

Rune CrossBow/Pheonix Crossbow/Amadyl CrossBow/Chaotic Crossbow/Pheonix 2h Crossbow/Blow Pipe/Cursed Cannon/Twisted Bow Arranged in the Order (Suggested Weapons) Just use the Best Ranged weapon you can afford.

As for Quiver/Ammo I tend to Bring Ruby Bolts (e) & Onyx Bolts (e)

Mage Weapons

Ancient Staff/Ahrims Staff/Trident/Stod(Staff of the Dead)/Master Wand/Toxic Trident/Master Wand (E)(25k Runecoins)/Kodai Wand/Ancient Staff (E)(Enchantment Dropped From Nardah) Arranged in the Order (Suggested Weapons) just use the Best Magic Weapon you can afford.

Melee Weapons

Kharazi Spear ++ works Very Well for tekton and poisons him Whip/Kraken Tentacle/Chaotic Long Sword(or CLS as Most know it as Purely Bossing wep(125k Runex Points) Not too sure on the Other Higher up Weapons if its Corrupt or Cursed.

Additional Items You May Want To Invest In.

Dragon War Hammer (Is the Best Spec Weapon you Can Bring Because it Lowers the bosses Deffence Great Advantage Agianst Tekkon Who is a Walking Tank)

Bandos Godsword (BGS)

Cursed Cannon (the Spec reks Olm Nuff said lel)

Kharazi Spear (e) (For people who don't have Serp helm to Venom Vespa portal/Olm head/hands /Vesa Crystal Phase)

Karamja Gloves 3 to go with Spear for Bonus 15% damg never Hurts to Deal more damg

Boss List

Tekton

Tekton is seen working with his magnetic anvil. As soon as someone gets near him, he will notice them and begin the fight. All players should use (Protect from Melee) when fighting Tekton.

Tekton is highly resistant and immune to Ranged and Magic attacks (well Just isn't as Good as melee (Unless u have a Twisted bow/Cursed cannon even with them will take a while)

The special attacks of dragon warhammer or Bandos godsword are very useful to lower Tekton's high defence as well, as they both have unique effects against Tekton: The dragon warhammer will reduce his defence by 5% if the player fails to deal damage, and the Bandos godsword will reduce his defence by a minimum of 10 if the player fails to deal damage.

He still has very high Defence, so using a crush weapon or is recommended against him.

Strategy

so90sp.png

This is the Map Layout As Above you will begin the Fight Praying Melee this WHOLE fight Around 500 Hp(or Half Hp)

Tekton will Spawn 4 Iron pickaxes Around the Room aswell as 3-4 Crystals You will have to Kite Tekton Over to the Crystals Making sure u don't move too far away from him other wise he will Cast Aoe Damg that cannot Be Prayed against.

After Mining all 3-4 Essence Rocks Continue to Kill Tekton till he Dies. Note: Tekton Has a chance to Drop Elder maul/ Uncut Onyx on Death so GL

Vespula

Vespula is one of the bosses encountered in the Chambers of Xeric. It is a parasitic wasp from the Abyss that Xeric and his followers stumbled upon when attempting to open a new dimensional tear.And Has Been Said that  Vespula is the highest polygon creature in the game.

Strategy

2zjj09i.png

Use Protect From Ranged, And attack with Ranged After the Potal is Downed

As Seen in the Boss Layout I Provided If u Stand where I am now the Boss and the 2 Abyss Walkers Adds Will Stack Meaning you u can BLood Barrage the potal while its Killing the Adds

After the potal is Down and there are no more Abyssal Walkers attacking you yr Free to Swap to yr Range And Bring her Down for the K.O

Vasa Nistirio

Now Befor I start with this Boss This is the most Click intense Boss in Raids So be Ready

And this Boss Dose Not Require Any protection Prayers Just use Piety/Turmoil Depends on If u went Normal or Cursed prayer List.

Vasa Nistirio is initially seen as a pile of rocks. Upon approaching the pile, he will animate himself and start the fight.

It is recommended to use the Protect from Missiles prayer, as while walking to the crystals, Vasa will throw rocks at the team, which can deal significant damage. Fortunately, these rocks can be avoided by running away from the spot they are thrown at You.

Strategy

20b25b4.png

As shown Above When u First Enter the Boss will Be stationed in the Middle of the Room With Each corner of the Room Attack the Boss Untill You see 4 Crystals Spawned  In Each corner.

There will be a Crystal Spawning in all 4 Corners They are weak to Melee-based stab attacks (so CLS is Fine to use if u got 1)

The Strategy to Dodging the Rocks that the boss will constantly Throw under you is You will have to Click in a straight line or side to side to Attack click Attack click back and Forth Now After All 4 Crystals Are Dead yr Free to attack the Boss You will Still have to Attack Move or Attack Walk back attack Walk back constantly Until She is Defeated.

This 1 was a bit messy will fix up Later was typing alot

Vanguard

Unfortunately I haven't had the Pleasure of Fighting Venguards  But I have done it on Osrs so Strat dosnt seem to differ ate From Runex (except for the Heal/Burrowing) 

The three Vanguards originally spawn underground. When a player gets near one of the holes, all three will burst from the ground. But since this is Runex They will Always Stay Above Ground

Strategy

2hz1r0j.png

This boss Fight is Good for Multi Mage Attacks If u want to Clump them Together And Blood Barrage As well So u Also don't have to Worry about Losing that much Hp in the process But Keep a eye on yr Hp Praying Melee/Range/Mage so u can Pick a Protection pray u feel that's guna hurt u the Most for magic Maybe Ranged

Each Vanguard is weak to a specific attack attack style:

• The range Vanguard is weak to Melee attacks.
  • The melee Vanguard is weak to Magic attacks.
  • The mage Vanguard is weak to Ranged attacks
  • To harm the Vanguards, damage must be spread equally to all three Vanguards
  • So Damage them All Evenly Befor Finishing them all off

And Finally The Last Boss of The Raids that has the Most Noteable & Rarest Best in slot Items

Pease Note As long As u Finish The Raid With At least 1 Point You Are Able To Have A Chance At the Rare Drop Table (higher the points Better the odds of landing it)

Great olm

The great olm is the final boss in the Chambers of Xeric raid. A large white salamander, it is one of Xeric's greatest possessions.

An olm is a species of aquatic serpentine salamanders living in lakes deep underground.

The Great olm is the only monster in the Chambers of Xeric that has a defined combat level; all other monsters encountered inside do not have any known combat level. Only Speculated.

In addition, its arms also have a defined combat level (though they are still part of it, so it is still technically one monster). Interestingly enough, the left arm boasts a higher combat level than the right arm.

Strategy

Note When you Enter olm Make Sure u have Taken a Sip of Anti Fire/Anti Venom Potion Will Help ypu From getinng Instant 99 K.Oed You Want to Make sure u Have Protect From Range or Mage up at all Times Aswell as a Range boost Applied Aswell Such as Rigour Or for Cursed Prayers The Range Boost Prayer

If you Want to Take Much Less Damage From Olm Focus his left hand First to Stop him From Shooting his White Fire Attack at you This Will Save A lot of Supplys For the Other Hand/Head (Tip From Richie Rich)

Now Typically Players/Teams go in Focus 1 hand at a time this is and isn't the Case You Want to have Each hand at least under 50hp so if u Happen to Die/when you do u can Restock up go bk in Kill the 2 Hands and go Absolutely HAM on OLM for that JUCY LOOTS. 

To progress, disable both arms. They do not have to be disabled at the same time until the penultimate phase. Under no circumstances should you target the head until the start of the penultimate phase, as it has will do No Damg and you will receive a Message Saying

"The Great Olm Dosnt Feel A thing Try Taking the Hands out First"

Once both arms are disabled, the final phase begins. Olm's head will remain, and it will attempt to kill the team in a final stand. It will use all attacks from the preceding phases Previously When the hands were Out.

With other Bosses Like

Ice demon

Muttadile

Are still yet to Be Realised Into the World of Runex I hope You Have Enjoyed Reading this Guide and Wish you all the Best in your Fight Agianst the Chambers of Xeric. If u have any Further Questions Please Feel Free to Ask/Aswell in Help chat they will be more than happy To assist you if u need Further Details or my self.

Bye for Now. 

Woox

Edited by Woox
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1