Iron Logic

Optimal Bossing Instances

Optimal Bossing Instances  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see instances for bosses added?

2. 2. Do you support the addition of 'Bossing Portals' as described in the post?

• Yes,
    • No. (Please let me know why)
  3. 3. Would you like these portals to be private, only allowing the creator to use them?

• Yes,
    • No. (Please let me know why)

Bossing instances are a must have for RuneX, I think everyone can agree on that. Whether you are an ironman who finds it almost impossible to complete a boss slayer task without being crashed or just a regular player who can't compete at bosses due to someone else having OP gear. 

There has been a lot of suggestions (Especially lately) trying to fix the issues, such as adding bossing instances or allowing ironmen to compete with non-ironmen at bosses.

While instance would be great to see, they don't really have the classical 'RuneX' feel about them. So here is what I am suggesting;

Our construction skill has seen some amazing 'custom' features such as the spirit tree, perm lit altar and the elixir pools. These are some great incentives to train construction to higher levels as well as offer a fairly large GP sink. 

One thing we have not seen a use for is the teleport room. In regular OSRS this room is used to create portals to different areas of the game. 

We should use this room to be able to create 'boss portals'. 

These portals would take the player to their own private instance of the certain boss,

The player would need high construction levels to create these portals,

The Construction level required would differ depending on the boss, Something such as GWD bosses would be in the high 80s while Corporeal beast would be high 90s (Possible 99).

These portals would cost a lot of money to create,

The portals could also require a certain item to create such as 100m GP and a smoke battlestaff to create a Thermonuclear smoke devil portal. 

Only the owner of the house would be able to use the portals.

This is to stop players from mooching off the hard work of other players as they currently do with Elixir pools and altars. Forcing players to train their construction to create their own portals.

I feel this would be an amazing way to introduce bossing instances while at the same time making players put in the time and effort to acquire them. 

Thank you to Raw, Levi and 85xp for helping to expand my idea. 

• Like 2

+1 - Didn't mean to hit no for the 3rd question, it should only be accessed by the home owner. 

• Like 1

+1 Portal room would be amazing to have, another great gp/item sink. And sorry guys, I hope you aren't able to use my house for this ;). Really hope this idea goes somewhere

Edited by Ralph

For teaming purposes I'd say allow someone to join someone elses instance other then that. However it gets worked that'd be an awesome update!

+1 to all, as the server grows 1 thermo smoke devil etcetc ain't gonna cut it... will be a lot of complaining and whining in help cc

I'd like to see them be able to be also a form of money making, you spent the time and effort getting the con level and put the money into the portal, you could sell instances.

+1 Support

I said no to the 3rd question because I think it should be a way for the house owner to invite friends along with him into the instance. Maybe add a rank at your house. A rank you can give players that allow them access to your boss portals. [Trusted] [Housekeeping] But this also require the owner of the house to open the instance, so that people can't just walk into someones house and use their bossing portals for their own private instances.

Bumping. x2

I can't believe I didn't comment on the topic, I guess i only did on discord.

+100 for sure.

EDIT: I'd like for duo to be a thing in instances, if you have a duo slayer partner listed they can enter w/ you? something like that

• Like 2

+1 to everything but the suggestion to have it for only player owner creator options to use the new portals. that creates a bigger chaos at bosses at the start of the update ,if it becomes released, to gather all those necessary items to create this new portal that only owners can use.