i am iron

Instances

I think we should have two instances on boss tasks for each mode, ironman and normal players.

im a fellow ironman, i was attempting to do my corp task to finish my spectral today and within 15 mins i was crashed by 3 different players who would just go in the corp room and steal my kills from doing the amount of damage. if we add instances for bosses such as corp/ cerberus/ thermo or any boss that can easily be taken away from ironman. 

it's sad when people have to go and crash ironman, can't see much to fix it other than instances, may not be an ironman yet but +1

We either need to add instances or allow ironmen to compete at bosses (whoever does the majority of damage gets the kill).

It's at the point where whenever I try to kill a boss, the second I see another player I leave.

I'd much prefer to be able to compete at bosses since it would be rare for a crasher to out gear me :) 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Logical said:

We either need to add instances or allow ironmen to compete at bosses (whoever does the majority of damage gets the kill).

It's at the point where whenever I try to kill a boss, the second I see another player I leave.

I'd much prefer to be able to compete at bosses since it would be rare for a crasher to out gear me :) 

if ryan was to make it to where we could out damage them then people would get friends to help and kill corp for the ironman or other bosses... so instances would be perfect

17 minutes ago, i am iron said:

if ryan was to make it to where we could out damage them then people would get friends to help and kill corp for the ironman or other bosses... so instances would be perfect

It would be the most damage, not a required 50%. I'd like instances though.

+1 Support, something else is that it would be nice to have the option to invite a friend to the instance, for example if you're in the same CC as a friend, you both join the same instance.

• Like 2

I don't think ironmen should get any special treatment. But as far as instanced bosses, i agree that some bosses like Thermo could use that change. ONLY because thermo is boring to kill and when someone crashes you it just wastes time when they out-dps you and you want that task done quickly.

I don't support changing Corp. 

11 hours ago, Humpy said:

I don't think ironmen should get any special treatment. But as far as instanced bosses, i agree that some bosses like Thermo could use that change. ONLY because thermo is boring to kill and when someone crashes you it just wastes time when they out-dps you and you want that task done quickly.

I don't support changing Corp. 

The way you specifically don't support changing Corp, as in putting him in an instance. It makes me believe maybe your kills at Corp might be by crashing Ironmen, but that's just what it sounds like to me. 

If Corp doesn't need an instance to avoid crashing, I don't see why any other boss should be different. Beside those who are already instanced. Thermo is a boss with a droptable not even close to Corp, so ironmen surely deserve getting some kills there without people crashing them. 

I suggest you just go and practice on how to kill him alone instead of waiting for an ironman to do it for you. 

Edited by Matt

1 minute ago, Matt said:

The way you specifically don't support changing Corp, as in putting him in an instance. It makes me believe maybe your kills at Corp might be by crashing Ironmen, but that's just what it sounds like to me. 

Or because Corp is an end game boss and making it easier for ironmen will devalue having the good corp items on existing ironmen. 

Making it so ironmen only need majority of damage makes it extremely easier for ironmen. Needing 50%+ of damage already makes it so much easier, but even making it majority, not 50% makes it too accessible

Having ironmen only instances doesn't eliminate crashers, if people want to ruin the game for you and have a laugh, they'll make a semi-decent ironman account pretty quickly on normal mode, then go hit corp a few times at the ironman instance.

Having single player instances rather than ironman only would fix the crasher problem but I feel like instances for bosses like corp and the issues that come with it have been discussed on forums enough in the past.

2 minutes ago, Vintage said:

Or because Corp is an end game boss and making it easier for ironmen will devalue having the good corp items on existing ironmen. 

Making it so ironmen only need majority of damage makes it extremely easier for ironmen. Needing 50%+ of damage already makes it so much easier, but even making it majority, not 50% makes it too accessible

Having ironmen only instances doesn't eliminate crashers, if people want to ruin the game for you and have a laugh, they'll make a semi-decent ironman account pretty quickly on normal mode, then go hit corp a few times at the ironman instance.

Having single player instances rather than ironman only would fix the crasher problem but I feel like instances for bosses like corp and the issues that come with it have been discussed on forums enough in the past.

From what I've understood, it's single player instances that was the hope and suggestion, then might've been discussed to take it further to invite friends along in their instance. Also, ironman or not, it all come down to the dmg you do. Right now an ironman have to do 80% dmg to get loot. So if someone come in and deal 401 damage to corp, when an ironman is on him. The ironman get nothing. 

It won't in any way devalue the good corp items.

1. First of all, ironmen have the SAME drop table as the rest of us.
  2. Second, It's only fair that they have an equal chance to get drops from bosses that's not instanced. It's harder for them to get every item in the game due to not being able to buy them or trade in any kind. They can't buy donator boxes to get items from there either. 
  3. Third, If anything it encourage more people to go for the absolute endgame items such as divine spirit shield, which would be a very nice drop for an ironman just as it is for anyone else. 

Crashing will probably never be fully removed, and those who crash shouldn't get rewarded and made it easier for because ironmen has a huge disadvantage at bosses. Adding instanced Corp and maybe a few other bosses that is giving good rewards will sure be a step in the right direction to stop the constant crashing, and more happy ironmen players. Why shouldn't they be allowed to get endgame gear just like us? Makes no sense.

• Like 2