bepis

Group Ironman

Group ironman, trade between each other.

Same concept as co-op slayer but with ironman accounts.

All on the same game mode, i.e. Normal, Hard etc.

Maximum 3 people in a group otherwise it would be pointless.

10 Trades per day, resetting at a standard time.

Shared Runex points.

Thoughts and opinions?

Anything needs to be added or changed?

xoxo

Edited by bepis
  • Like 2

I've heard of something called duo ironman before, where two ironman can trade between them. But that also mean that those two ironman are linked and are the only ones that can do so. 

I'll support duo ironman.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

I've heard of something called duo ironman before, where two ironman can trade between them. But that also mean that those two ironman are linked and are the only ones that can do so. 

I'll support duo ironman.

Ironman is intended to be solo. But it would be cool to see a new game mode of sorts :)

22 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Ironman is intended to be solo. But it would be cool to see a new game mode of sorts :)

That's why I would only support a duo mode, as little change as possible, yet a new mode. Though, if you are to do duo mode ironman, it require new ironman accounts to be made, not the old ones. 

Just now, Matt said:

That's why I would only support a duo mode, as little change as possible, yet a new mode. Though, if you are to do duo mode ironman, it require new ironman accounts to be made, not the old ones. 

Sorry I should've stated earlier that it would require new account and not existing ones.

I have talked about this to @Ally months ago but we never made a post on it, would be very fun to do.

I assume everyone in your group would need to be same exp mode as well? @bepis

34 minutes ago, Levi said:

I have talked about this to @Ally months ago but we never made a post on it, would be very fun to do.

I assume everyone in your group would need to be same exp mode as well? @bepis

Yeah sorry, thats what I meant by;

All on the same game mode.

i totally support this idea as long as its new accounts/same game mode. it would be hella fun and very unique. but we would have to make it to where no one can de iron

Edited by i am iron
  • Like 1

Just now, Kharazi said:

Limited to 3 trade's per ip with the ability to spend a currency (not gp) for additional trades.

That's a very good idea, some sort of currency like runecoins?

Trade Points? A way of obtaining trade points and use that to trade more than x amount of trades per day?

• Like 1

Just now, Matt said:

Trade Points? A way of obtaining trade points and use that to trade more than x amount of trades per day?

Trade points gained through PvM and active not (i.e. not bankstanding) if that's at all possible.

Just now, Kharazi said:

Trade points gained through PvM and active not (i.e. not bankstanding) if that's at all possible.

Some sort of drop like a sacred token, like a trade token worth 1 trade?

Yeah like a group exp. Additional to regular exp, the duo/group get a combined exp which give them points they can use to trade more than x times a day.

• Like 1

Just now, Matt said:

Yeah like a group exp. Additional to regular exp, the duo/group get a combined exp which give them points they can use to trade more than x times a day.

I like this idea more than a drop.

• Like 1

I like the idea of duo ironman aswell,personaly myself i would not make it more than duo.

And ofcourse what you and other said, it has to be new accounts and same rate.

For that the idea gets 2 tumbs up as long as its duo:)

• Like 1

This would be a big waste of time, time that would be better served adding things such as Raids or a slayer expansion.

Jks, +1, Dibs on Fruit and Primal.

16 minutes ago, Logical said:

This would be a big waste of time, time that would be better served adding things such as Raids or a slayer expansion.

Jks, +1, Dibs on Fruit and Primal.

Why would they want to be with you :^) #Basic

Summary:

I'll shortly add up what we've spoken of in the thread and add something along the way.

• Duo Ironman Mode, - a mode where two players of same ironman and exp difficulty play together side by side.
  • Trading in Duo Ironman Mode, - Can trade [x] amount of times between themselves per day. Gaining Duo/Group exp for any EXP giving activities in the game. This exp can be used to trade more than the [x] amount per day. Trading will only work between linked ironman accounts. No one else will be able to trade them.
  • Shared RuneX points, - When killing mobs that give RuneX points, the points will be shared equally among the two, meaning they'll always get 50% of a mob if they work together.
  • PvM Drops, - Drops are visable for both ironman due to their shared mode. Both players can pick the drops no matter who it is that get the kill.
  • New Accounts, - This Mode will only work if the two accounts are made at the same time or linked before they start playing the game. It cannot be any currently existing ironman accounts linked with a new one. The accounts has to be brand new and chosen for this mode specifically.

I came to think of a way to make these accounts linked.
They need to be made or atleast "activited" at the same time to be able to link them.
When you log in, you chose the exp rate, then you choose ironman or duo ironman. As you select duo ironman, you'll get a popup such as with slayer, asking you to write down the name of the duo ironman you're going to be linked with. Your partner has to do the same but write your name down. If both partners write each others name down, they'll be linked. If only one of them does it, it won't work and they'll be returned to the exp rate menu. This also happens if you choose different exp rate than your partner.

If there's something I'm missing or you want added, just let me know and I'll add it on here. Then @bepis can paste it to the top of the thread.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

Hey there, at the risk of necroing an eight day old thread, I reckoned I'd weigh in with my personal opinion.

I love the idea of capability to trade with restrictions/limitations, grouping and loot/point sharing ideas, that much I think could be a step in a fun direction if ever I want to have some inclusion with a friend as part of the IM experience. In the vein of that thought however, what is the purpose of locking the grouping upon account creation? Moreover, why would an Iron man have to make a new account? I don't really see much of a purpose in it other than forcing people to start together, which might run the risk of player linking their account with a person that they'll never be able to change from. Personal responsibility aside in the matter of making sure you know who you link with, don't you think it's a little much to ask someone to permanently link to one character, ever?

Don't want somebody being boosted? Restrict grouping by total level, but I think you should at least be able to pay some IG monies to switch the person should you wish. In a perfect world, I'd also not want to have to restart from my two day old playtime IM account, but that's perhaps a little bit more on the personal bias side of things.

46 minutes ago, Luden said:

Hey there, at the risk of necroing an eight day old thread, I reckoned I'd weigh in with my personal opinion.

I love the idea of capability to trade with restrictions/limitations, grouping and loot/point sharing ideas, that much I think could be a step in a fun direction if ever I want to have some inclusion with a friend as part of the IM experience. In the vein of that thought however, what is the purpose of locking the grouping upon account creation? Moreover, why would an Iron man have to make a new account? I don't really see much of a purpose in it other than forcing people to start together, which might run the risk of player linking their account with a person that they'll never be able to change from. Personal responsibility aside in the matter of making sure you know who you link with, don't you think it's a little much to ask someone to permanently link to one character, ever?

Don't want somebody being boosted? Restrict grouping by total level, but I think you should at least be able to pay some IG monies to switch the person should you wish. In a perfect world, I'd also not want to have to restart from my two day old playtime IM account, but that's perhaps a little bit more on the personal bias side of things.

Starting new accounts is because this will be a new game mode, not just an addition to the ironman mode. Regular ironman will not have these options. No one is forcing you to start in this game mode if it's being added, but 2 days of game time really isn't that much. I am sure that people with close to 40-50 days in-game time will be trying this mode out. As most people on the server, people have 3+ accounts, and some even play on all 3 every day. So making a new account to try out this new mode is something I see as fair. No one can change their difficulty for either in-game currency or real life currency. You have to make a new account to change your mode. Only fair to do it the same way with this mode aswell. If people are allowed to change their mode from regular ironman to group/duo ironman with currency from in-game. Then it's only fair if other people are allowed to change their Normal account modes to hard mode or hard to supreme, or even supreme to prime, or the other way around. A game mode is a game mode, set to stay. 

You mentioned that you might risk linking your account to someone that you can't part from. That's true, but that's also part of the fun, finding someone with the same joy for the mode as you, and making it work together. You don't HAVE to take in use the trading just because you have it. So you could still play as a normal ironman if you like.

My current main was just a 2nd account I had to play on for fun, but I found it more fun to play on this than my old main account, and therefore changed it. You're allowed to play on 3 accounts at the same time as long as it is within the rules.

5 hours ago, Matt said:

Starting new accounts is because this will be a new game mode, not just an addition to the ironman mode. Regular ironman will not have these options. No one is forcing you to start in this game mode if it's being added, but 2 days of game time really isn't that much. I am sure that people with close to 40-50 days in-game time will be trying this mode out. As most people on the server, people have 3+ accounts, and some even play on all 3 every day. So making a new account to try out this new mode is something I see as fair. No one can change their difficulty for either in-game currency or real life currency. You have to make a new account to change your mode. Only fair to do it the same way with this mode aswell. If people are allowed to change their mode from regular ironman to group/duo ironman with currency from in-game. Then it's only fair if other people are allowed to change their Normal account modes to hard mode or hard to supreme, or even supreme to prime, or the other way around. A game mode is a game mode, set to stay. 

You mentioned that you might risk linking your account to someone that you can't part from. That's true, but that's also part of the fun, finding someone with the same joy for the mode as you, and making it work together. You don't HAVE to take in use the trading just because you have it. So you could still play as a normal ironman if you like.

My current main was just a 2nd account I had to play on for fun, but I found it more fun to play on this than my old main account, and therefore changed it. You're allowed to play on 3 accounts at the same time as long as it is within the rules.

Hey man, if thems the breaks then I can get used to that. Personally I can understand it's a limitation of what we're working with and that's fine, however in an ideal scenario I would've just liked to see this as a simple addition to the Ironman gamemode in general, rather than another game mode entirely. Being able to have the option to group and trade with certain rules and limitations within the scope of the Ironman community would be excellent, but I can understand that's not feasible by many means. However I still don't agree it should be limited to one person you group with, you can never guarantee what, when and where another person will be despite their passion for Ironman and never being able to change that to me seems less of a benefit, and more a needless limitation for the sake of it. 

If it again comes down to popular consensus that it's better that way, or heck, even only possible to do it that way, then fine I'll more than happily just make an alt account when I meet someone who needs a group for the chance to try it out, but that's just my two cents. 

Adding this as an simple addition is far off. This would be a massive change for the ironman community if you could group up with new people every so often. Ironman is a solo game mode where you're suppose to do everything on your own, but with this game mode you're allowed to bring a friend to share the experience and mode with. If every ironman were able to trade each other, but with a limited amount per day, or even have to wait a week to regroup with this person. It would ruin the whole purpose of being ironman in the first place. The idea of group/duo ironman is to make it a little easier for both to get rare items and if one are lucky enough to get multiple of the item, he can share it with his duo/group. 

If you can't trust the people you're about to go into this mode with, then don't do it. Find friends on the server, there are lots of ironmen on the server, and I am sure someone are passionate about this mode if and when it is released. There are ironmen with incredible banks that I am sure wish they could share it with a fellow ironman friend of theirs, but they can't. This game mode makes that possible, but on new accounts. So that those two can get all those items back, but together as a team instead of solo.