Shawnturner

PC gaming on 4K TV like console? thoughts?

Hello,

I have a pretty good PC (i7 7700K, GTX1080) and a 55inch 4K Sony Bravia TV. So I hooked up my PC to my TV via HDMI and the experience was great, was getting solid 60 FPS at 4K resolution. I played few games like Destiny 2, Forza 7, Battlefield 1, Rise of the Tomb Raider and the xbox one controller support was top notch.

Ofc, the only problem is that, to move my PC back and forth from my study to the lounge is such a pain in the behind, disconnecting all the wires, carry a 15kg box around the house etc, u know the drill.

So what do you guys think I should do? I was actually contemplating on just getting that new xbox one x to play all the single player games in 4K ultra settings, I know it's pricey ($650 something?) but it still beats having to disconnect/connect a bunch of wires back and forth every day (plus I have most games on XPA so it's crossplatform purchase). But I was just wondering if there's a cheaper way to do this? Something like, extending a long HDMI to the lounge (but what about the controller reception?) ? or use some type of streaming device like steam-link, but what about the bandwidth for 4K60?

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
References:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2678305

best advertisements

There's probably a cheaper way to achieve what you're wanting - but the Xbox One X is insane, so if you have the cash I'd go for it.

However, knowing Microsoft - there will be a new Xbox released in a couple years.

I mean in all honesty, you could run a long cord connecting both your TV and your desktop screen to your PC and use the 'Dual monitor' function. 

Just not sure if it would have any latency due to a long connector.