Iron Logic

Harassment and belittling

I feel like the main thing is that it turns away new players, I remember when i first joined and saw the normie thing and left. You might ask why i left, if the player base/community is cancer the game will always seem like shit no matter how good it compares to other rsps. Plus no one gets anything out of it anyway nor is it anything that could contribute to the community positively.   The only reason I'm here is because i got bored one day and decided to play some rsps.

That screenshot was someone saying it to himself , wouldn't use it for this situation even though it's somewhat accurate but most people don't say things like that.

Yes people do say gz on 1 wind strike ect.

All in all it's old should be moved on from, it never will more than likely but would be nice, I see newer players giving normals gz which is nice I suppose but when they see no one else doing it or someone saying "gz on killing one chicken" it makes them not want to and encourages the behavior.

I think I need to clear up a few misconceptions about this whole situation, i'll try to answer some questions that have been brought to me;

• Are you making this a new rule? + You can't just make up new rules.

No, I am not making a new rule nor can I. Any new rules can only be created by Ryan, If I want to implement new rules I have to show them to him and see what he does regarding them.

• How can you warn/mute people if this isn't a rule then?

It are many rules, 

1: Yell chat & Help CC

• Yell chat and help CC should not be used for excessive arguing, flaming, harassing, etc.
    • If you have any issues with a player it should be taken to private messages
  • If you're warned by a staff member for any inappropriate activities on yell (or help cc), please discontinue immediately
    • Refusal to do so will always result in punishment(s)

2: Spamming

• Creating meaningless messages or posts outside the spam section. This also counts for the Chatbox.
  • Flooding the Chatbox/Yell. You can use autotyper, however be considerate of the players around. (No autotyping in yell AT ALL).

3: Excessive Swearing/Flaming

• Use of inappropriate words will not be tolerated. (Small Pk banter is acceptable, to a degree).
  • Assessed by staff on a case-by-case basis

4: Harassment

• Teasing/discriminating users excessively is counted as harassment and will no be tolerated. (This includes Race, Sexuality, Gender, etc. )
  • There are areas for this and the forum should be welcoming for everyone. No one should feel intimidated to post or be a part of our community.

• Why is normieeee such a big issue when we have worse stuff being said?

This is a point I can agree on, but I think a lot of players don't understand this properly. The general harassment, stuff like kill yourself, you are cancer, fuck your mother, etc, is all very contextual and is very hard to punish if you are not online at the time of the incident. Here is an example of a report:

h0YnvYe.png

Open and shut case right? Wrong, it turns out many players were harassing this player and pushing him to say this. Context is always of huge importance, another example:

0iFZcR4.png

Wow A mute for sure!

N9OSebY.png

Ohh there's context behind it.

As you can see, general harassment is a little harder to deal with. But the normieee etc stuff is very open and shut.

Long story short, I take all harassment and spam etc seriously, I am not over looking the general harassment just to target normieeeee.

• Okay then, I'll just say something different. "Gz on cutting 2 logs".

It doesn't matter, the meaning behind it is identical. It is still an attempt to belittle someones achievements and harass them based on their game mode. It will all be treated the same.

This was a big mistake on my part to focus this entire post around 'normieee' and was part of the reason people have misunderstood it. I do apologise for that.

• But I'm just congratulating them.

No you are not, you are harassing and belittling them. If you were truly trying to congratulate them then when I ask you to show it differently by just saying 'gz' or 'congratulations' you wouldn't cause such a fuss.

This is a stupid attempt at getting around the issue. I'm 20, you aren't going to find a loophole or trick your way out of a warning or punishment. 

• So you are banning certain words now?

Of coarse not, you can say 'normie' all you want as long as it doesn't break our rules on harassment like it is currently being used now. Just don't say 'normieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee' because I still consider this as spam in most context.

• But other staff don't do anything about it.

This is an interesting point. This is how I can explain it.

The way each staff enforces rules are different but it doesn't mean some are too relaxed and others are too strict. As long as the staff are still enforcing the rules and enforcing them evenly it is fine.

Evenly meaning that no group of players is subject to punishment more or that a certain set of rules is overlooked etc.

• Logical is power abusive and too strict.

I am extremely strict when it comes to the rules and I don't think that is an issue. We have a set of rules that players must follow and a set of punishments to be given out if those rules are broken. I also tend to give people less chances, usually only one because that is all someone needs. When I was applying for staff, I felt that Runex needed a staff member with a stick up their arse and I happily take that position. But to newer players reading this, I'm not some arsehole who is out to get you, I am very layed back and only go into strict mode when someone is breaking the rules.

On the topic of power abuse, this simply isn't true. There has been 1 time when a player went as far to report me for abuse of power and Ryan sorted that situation out. He sided with me and closed the report. But he also informed me of ways I could have handled the situation better. There is only 1 other instance when it could be argued that I abused my powers and that was when I recently muted 3 players, Whitenorm37, Cube and Gilbert. All were reported to be via a player with screenshots of them excessively harassing another player who just achieved a 99 on normal mode. Two of them did not receive an 'official warning' for this action before I muted them so I revoked those 2 punishments after conferring with another staff member very shortly after. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Logical said:

I think I need to clear up a few misconceptions about this whole situation, i'll try to answer some questions that have been brought to me;

• Are you making this a new rule? + You can't just make up new rules.

No, I am not making a new rule nor can I. Any new rules can only be created by Ryan, If I want to implement new rules I have to show them to him and see what he does regarding them.

• How can you warn/mute people if this isn't a rule then?

It are many rules, 

1: Yell chat & Help CC

• Yell chat and help CC should not be used for excessive arguing, flaming, harassing, etc.
    • If you have any issues with a player it should be taken to private messages
  • If you're warned by a staff member for any inappropriate activities on yell (or help cc), please discontinue immediately
    • Refusal to do so will always result in punishment(s)

2: Spamming

• Creating meaningless messages or posts outside the spam section. This also counts for the Chatbox.
  • Flooding the Chatbox/Yell. You can use autotyper, however be considerate of the players around. (No autotyping in yell AT ALL).

3: Excessive Swearing/Flaming

• Use of inappropriate words will not be tolerated. (Small Pk banter is acceptable, to a degree).

4: Harassment

• Teasing/discriminating users excessively is counted as harassment and will no be tolerated. (This includes Race, Sexuality, Gender, etc. )
  • There are areas for this and the forum should be welcoming for everyone. No one should feel intimidated to post or be a part of our community.

• Why is normieeee such a big issue when we have worse stuff being said?

This is a point I can agree on, but I think a lot of players don't understand this properly. The general harassment, stuff like kill yourself, you are cancer, fuck your mother, etc, is all very contextual and is very hard to punish if you are not online at the time of the incident. Here is an example of a report:

h0YnvYe.png

Open and shut case right? Wrong, it turns out many players were harassing this player and pushing him to say this. Context is always of huge importance, another example:

0iFZcR4.png

Wow A mute for sure!

N9OSebY.png

Ohh there's context behind it.

As you can see, general harassment is a little harder to deal with. But the normieee etc stuff is very open and shut.

Long story short, I take all harassment and spam etc seriously, I am not over looking the general harassment just to target normieeeee.

• Okay then, I'll just say something different. "Gz on cutting 2 logs".

It doesn't matter, the meaning behind it is identical. It is still an attempt to belittle someones achievements and harass them based on their game mode. It will all be treated the same.

This was a big mistake on my part to focus this entire post around 'normieee' and was part of the reason people have misunderstood it. I do apologise for that.

• But I'm just congratulating them.

No you are not, you are harassing and belittling them. If you were truly trying to congratulate them then when I ask you to show it differently by just saying 'gz' or 'congratulations' you wouldn't cause such a fuss.

This is a stupid attempt at getting around the issue. I'm 20, you aren't going to find a loophole or trick your way out of a warning or punishment. 

• So you are banning certain words now?

Of coarse not, you can say 'normie' all you want as long as it doesn't break our rules on harassment like it is currently being used now. Just don't say 'normieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee' because I still consider this as spam in most context.

• But other staff don't do anything about it.

This is an interesting point. This is how I can explain it.

The way each staff enforces rules are different but it doesn't mean some are too relaxed and others are too strict. As long as the staff are still enforcing the rules and enforcing them evenly it is fine.

Evenly meaning that no group of players is subject to punishment more or that a certain set of rules is overlooked etc.

• Logical is power abusive and too strict.

I am extremely strict when it comes to the rules and I don't think that is an issue. We have a set of rules that players must follow and a set of punishments to be given out if those rules are broken. I also tend to give people less chances, usually only one because that is all someone needs. When I was applying for staff, I felt that Runex needed a staff member with a stick up their arse and I happily take that position. But to newer players reading this, I'm not some arsehole who is out to get you, I am very layed back and only go into strict mode when someone is breaking the rules.

On the topic of power abuse, this simply isn't true. There has been 1 time when a player went as far to report me for abuse of power and Ryan sorted that situation out. He sided with me and closed the report. But he also informed me of ways I could have handled the situation better. There is only 1 other instance when it could be argued that I abused my powers and that was when I recently muted 3 players, Whitenorm37, Cube and Gilbert. All were reported to be via a player with screenshots of them excessively harassing another player who just achieved a 99 on normal mode. Two of them did not receive an 'official warning' for this action before I muted them so I revoked those 2 punishments after conferring with another staff member very shortly after. 

I always kid around with you about being strict, but it's what needs to be done honestly, ive seen you be lenient at times, and plenty of patience that's for sure. Your job is to enforce the rules on Ryan's behalf, and that's what you do, and very well of course! I completely agree with this "normieeeeee" situation, its belittling and absurdity! Anyone who has the audacity to announce that should be punished by all means! Thank you for making this a thing and I'll make sure to help out to encourage others not to do this! Thank you logic

• Thanks 1

Thanks for this Logical, good to see an active mod both in-game and out enforcing rules for the greater good of the community, and actually acting on them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

People who harass others for no reason should outside and experience life. Grow up, come back. 

• Like 1