Clair

Clair's Application

Clair's Application

First off, I want to express the reasoning behind this application before I list why I should have it. I joined Sunday night 1/8/2017 EST and I have been playing quite frequently; since then I have noticed a decrease in staff activity which has been causing a lot of issues in the clan chat and in the yell chat, between that and rapid growth in the server with not much growth and activity from the staff team, I believe that there should be some more help. 

Below lists why I feel like that I can help with that.

I am fully aware that I have not met the 30 day requirement; and will update the application when I have. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Username:

My in game username is Clair and my forums name is Clair as well.

I am 20 years old. 

Timezone:

I live in the Eastern Standard Timezone. 

Position you are applying for:

I am applying for Server Helper.

Time Played/Date Registered:

I registered my account on January 9th, and Since then I have put 6 days and 20 hours of in-game time. I try to play every day for a few hours. When I do play I am always observing even when I'm not talking in-game. When I play I average about 4-6 hours a day, with my days off I usually spend about 8+ 

Past Staff Experience:

I have played 5 rsps since 2011.

My first ever rsps I played, about 2 months in I was promoted to Sever support (helper) and was server support for 2 weeks before promoted to Server Moderator and was server moderator for 2 months before promoted to global moderator and 5 months after that the server shut down due to Owner disappearing. 

My second rsps I played I didn't get promoted until playing for about 4 months or so; I was promoted to Server Support and shortly after I had a lot of in real life stuff going on, and was promoted to Forum's Moderator instead as it was easier for me to be more active on forums then in-game. This server shortly disbanded from a 100+ player base to a 10+ playerbase due to lack of updates. So I left and took a break.

My third rsps I played was with the co-owner from the first rsps, and I came on board as an administrator, and was the administrator for the server for 2 years. And he had some in real life stuff going on half way through, and I helped keep the server up by looking for developers and getting them on board, but eventually it disbanded. 

My fourth rsps was my most recent prior to this. I started the game, did my own thing, quickly learned the ropes and built a great relationship with everyone. 4 weeks in I was playing I was instantly promoted to Server Support and was a server support for 3 months til I was then promoted to Trial Moderator; a week after being trial moderator, the global moderator quit and I got promoted to Server Moderator. I was Server Moderator for about a year. I stopped playing. 

And Runex has been my fifth RSPS. 

Have you ever been banned, muted, jailed, on the server/forums?:

My very first RSPS I played I have been muted before for staff disrespect. I was quite young and didn't know how to control my words, and often acted upon impulse. Since then I have not have any offenses that would alarming. 

What would you do if you became a part of the Staff Team?:

As I have always done in the past, it all depends on the rank you are given. If I am server support, I don't overstep my boundaries and try to do something that isn't within my rank. If I am Server Support, I will do the do diligence of helping players, and trying to make sure that everyone is assisted and following the rules. If a player needs something that I cannot do; I will get them in contact with someone who can. This escalates based on rank. If I a Moderator; I will make sure that everyone is following the rules, and everyone is having fun. If I am a Forum's Moderator, I will make sure that the Forums aren't being spammed, or phishing links aren't posted and that threads that should be closed, are closed. 

Why should we pick you to become part of the Staff Team?:

From the last 4.5 years of playing I have witnessed a lot of things, from economy crashing, to staff negligence. The thing I have noticed that is the most harmful to a server is the way the authorities treat the player base. Often when a player gets promoted to staff, he quickly realizes that he has power, and becomes power hungry. The staff team helps make the game more enjoyable. The overall presence, and involvement develop an experience for players, and when players are shown a negative experience, nobody is going to want to play or invite others to play. 

The only way a person can handle handling any given position is with experience and self control. This all comes with how mature the person is. I feel like my time I have spent working, and being a Manager for a high end retail company for the last 2 years at the age of 20 has molded me into a person who has a little bit more maturity then the average human. Don't get me wrong I am in no means perfect, I too make mistakes and don't claim to be perfect. 

I spend a lot of time on the servers I play, and put in a lot of work and effort. I love making friends, and just the overall experience and nostalgia from my childhood of playing Runescape. 

I really enjoy the experience and time that I have spent on here so far on Runex, and see the server succeeding and growing rapidly, would love to be apart of it. 

Extra Information:

Like I previously stated I am 20 year sold. My name is Tyler and I am a male. I spend a lot of time outside of RSPS playing Basketball and watching hockey. I also do occasionally enjoy watching netflix and just going for drives. My Car is my baby. I purchased a 2016 Chrysler 200s just last spring and I am in love with it. I am often on discord, most of my life is an open book, so if any of you guys ever have questions I am more than likely willing to be open about me and my life. I used to dabble in Graphic's Design for 3 years and also used to code forums for RSPS. I even went as far as helping a friend Code and Develop a rsps for a few months as well. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you got this far that means you read the entire thing, I want to thank you reading all of this, and for taking me into consideration. 

-clair

Edited by Clair
Completely updated this application.
  • Like 1

I have completely redone the application. 

Edited by Clair

Hey,

I've seen you ingame and you behave well, treat others well, so overall i'd say you're a pretty cool person. I could definitely see you nail this spot, and I wish you the best of luck.

• Like 1

I would like to revisit the idea of this; due to the fact that within the last couple days I have noticed that staff inactivity has been significantly lower then two weeks ago. 

I did update this application with a bit more information that is more relevant now. 

7 hours ago, Dillan said:

Please do not gravedig topics that are a month old. Thanks.

Same goes to you lul

• Like 1