Lonelywood

Activity

@Ryan, as a member of the community, I definitely feel this needs to be addressed. I am not doing this to hurt anyone's feelings or to discourage anyone but I will be blunt.

The activity the staff team has is absolutely shit. Seriously. Let me elaborate.

I checked the staff directory and found staff that I have not seen once online. I checked their activity separately and would like to share this with you.

--

@One's last active post was 15 days ago. He last visited visited 4 days ago and never posted anything. He is a support.

bacdf47f68c9dcea520a0e6d49855d33.png

@Chandler's last active post was 21 days ago. He last visited 11 days ago. He is a moderator.

e4eddaa80be767a91214158d4b6d9086.png

@Samuel's last active post was FOUR MONTHS AGO. Why is your Forum Moderator not actively posting? Last visited 5 days ago and posted nothing. Our Forum Moderator, everybody.

bda791b309f933defdaeb87f2b4c8a0d.png

@Yeezus's last post was SEVEN MONTHS AGO. Seriously? Last visited the beginning of last month.

462549343c778a430b9633799a4d219a.png

There is nothing anyone can do to justify this, the facts and proof are in front of your faces.

It is absolutely sickening that half of your staff team doesn't even exist on the server they're meant to look over. This is why you're running into issues with negative players making your most loyal players leave.

@Ryan you really need to reevaluate your staff, dude. This is ridiculous. 

• Like 1

I think we just need more staff appointing. Ryan obviously has his reasons for keeping these guys on the team - maybe he's friends with them in the RSPS scene or even IRL? Who knows. They're not doing any harm being there - however I agree that we do need more active staff. There's a handful of players who I think deserve it currently and have done for a while.

Edited by Pane
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pane said:

I think we just need more staff appointing. Ryan obviously has his reasons for keeping these guys on the team - maybe he's friends with them in the RSPS scene? Who knows. They're not doing any harm being there - however I agree that we do need more active staff. There's a handful of players who I think deserve it currently and have done for a while.

Regardless if they're "friends", his friends aren't doing their job that they're assigned. We need people who will do the job, who will provide the community with what they need. There's no justifying it.

1 minute ago, Lonelywood said:

Regardless if they're "friends", his friends aren't doing their job that they're assigned. We need people who will do the job, who will provide the community with what they need. There's no justifying it.

I completely agree, it would be nice if these guys came back and got engaged with the community - but at the end of the day, it's Ryan's staff team = his decisions.

I wouldn't really call Samuel, Yeezus or chandler part of our staff team to be honest.

Yeezus and chandler, I have yet to see them do anything.

Samuel, as a forum moderator, he could do a lot of behind the scenes work that we do not know about.

I have also heard that some of them also do things on the Pk server.

All this aside, Kliksa was recently promoted to moderator, so I can see new staff being appointed very soon.

1 minute ago, Pane said:

I completely agree, it would be nice if these guys came back and got engaged with the community - but at the end of the day, it's Ryan's staff team = his decisions.

Well I hope he sees that his decisions result in him losing highly valued members of the community because of the negative community that's being generated.

1 minute ago, Lonelywood said:

Well I hope he sees that his decisions result in him losing highly valued members of the community because of the negative community that's being generated.

Having a few staff members that don't do anything hasn't caused the issue.

Like Pane said, having them there does nothing, I doubt they are actually taking up a staff position.

3 minutes ago, Iron Logic said:

This is a good point - forgot about the PvP server.

Edited by Pane

2 minutes ago, Iron Logic said:

Having a few staff members that don't do anything hasn't caused the issue.

Like Pane said, having them there does nothing, I doubt they are actually taking up a staff position.

It has caused the issue. No one is online to enforce rules and take care of people whom break them.

2 minutes ago, Pane said:

This is a good point - forgot about the PvP server.

It has the same owner, yes, but these are two different servers.

2 minutes ago, Lonelywood said:

It has the same owner, yes, but these are two different servers.

Yeah the point is they could be active staff on that server - hence why they're still staff here and Ryan doesn't see a reason why they need demoting on here as they're doing no harm. Also, in a case of absolute emergency they could hop on and solve an issue.

1 minute ago, Pane said:

Yeah the point is they could be active staff on that server - hence why they're still staff here and Ryan doesn't see a reason why they need demoting on here as they're doing no harm. Also, in a case of absolute emergency they could hop on and solve an issue.

I understand that bit, but on topic of this server and the activity on this server, they are not active. What good does it do if they're spending all their time doing their job on another server? I can give a list of people that could take their spot and be efficient on here. I am not saying anything to be an asshole to them, but it doesn't help us if they're not actively with us here.

Just look at it this way;

Chandler and Yeezus are not actually taking up a staff position, I doubt if they were not staff we would have two new ones in their place.

Samuel on the other hand is clearly taking up the forum moderator position.

I agree that they should be demoted, I just doubt that they are the reason we are having community issues.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Iron Logic said:

I wouldn't really call Samuel, Yeezus or chandler part of our staff team to be honest.

Yeezus and chandler, I have yet to see them do anything.

Samuel, as a forum moderator, he could do a lot of behind the scenes work that we do not know about.

All this aside, Kliksa was recently promoted to moderator, so I can see new staff being appointed very soon.

Samuel is a SS on Spk as well, Chandler is or was the head mod on Spk and I think is considered our head mod as well? Or high mod (above Rogers and Allys mod status).

I forget the whole story on Yeezus, but I know for a fact he was staff on Spk (haven't check in ages). While I do agree that we need more staff members as in my eyes a good amount would be to have 1 staff member online per 50 people, and there are alot of times where no staff are on. However promoting staff isn't something that is instant nor is it something that Ryan is fast to pull the trigger on. Promoting one that abuses his power could potential lose many players and ruin a servers name. 

I know for a fact that Ryan, Ramzi, and Nate are well aware of this fact as I've spoken with our mods about this countless times. As well as many of these threads being posted. I am not defending anyone, just pointing some stuff out.

4 minutes ago, Iron Logic said:

Just look at it this way;

Chandler and Yeezus are not actually taking up a staff position, I doubt if they were not staff we would have two new ones in their place.

Samuel on the other hand is clearly taking up the forum moderator position.

I agree that they should be demoted, I just doubt that they are the reason we are having community issues.

You're right, the problems within the community doesn't necessarily stem from lack of staff. The problem is, without staff rules aren't enforced. That definitely plays a part in the community. It's not entirely the issue, but it's definitely something that needs to be addressed regardless.

--

Like I have said, I am not posting this to be rude or to be demeaning to anyone. I just feel it's something that needed to be talked about.

Edited by Lonelywood

I have forwarded this post to Ryan and Ramzi and asked that one of them respond as I can't really, effectively, give any response to this.

Bear in mind to keep this topic a civil discussion and not turn into to a witch hunt or anything.

• Like 2

If we really want to look into the roots of the community issue, our rules are very vague, have loopholes and are just lacking in general.

It's hard for staff to enforce rules when half of them are "ZERO TOLERANCE" and also allow for wiggle room by including "Excessive".  No-one wants to be that killjoy staff that hands out mutes left and right, but honestly, we are getting to the point where we need one.

@Kliksa 

4 minutes ago, Kliksa said:

Bear in mind

ZC77p4w.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kliksa said:

I have forwarded this post to Ryan and Ramzi and asked that one of them respond as I can't really, effectively, give any response to this.

Bear in mind to keep this topic a civil discussion and not turn into to a witch hunt or anything.

Civil is where it will remain. My intentions are purely to better the community and not to defy anyone to any extent. I respect everyone individually and only wish the best.

Thank you for forwarding this.

• Like 1

Yeezus - SpawnPK Staff (He's staff on here because he's a wonderful trusted Moderator on SpawnPK)

Chandler - Been staff for a very long time, clearly doesn't have time for Runex anymore..

Samuel - Ryan's friend IRL

One - To my knowledge he lost internet connection a few weeks ago, and has hardly been able to get Online since. (OR rumor has it, he lost bank and doesn't want to return?)

2 minutes ago, Wayne said:

Yeezus - SpawnPK Staff (He's staff on here because he's a wonderful trusted Moderator on SpawnPK)

Chandler - Been staff for a very long time, clearly doesn't have time for Runex anymore..

One - To my knowledge he lost internet connection a few weeks ago, and has hardly been able to get Online since. (OR rumor has it, he lost bank and doesn't want to return?)

That's my whole thing.. there should be separate staff for separate servers. I understand that they're good staff there but it does not help us on the flip side. 

3 minutes ago, Wayne said:

Completely forgot about Ones internet issue! Thank you for bringing that up.

Not sure if One has really lost his bank, that rumour spreads everytime he is gone for longer than a day :P

• Like 1

1. Chandler is not above any staff, unless a player is a super moderator, all mods = on the same level.

2. One still has his bank, just having internet issues.

3. Samuel is currently helping Ryan with his other server (helper on SPK)

4. Yeezus was promoted back to helper and promised to start playing, not sure what happened.

5. Chandler still hops on from time to time and helps Ryan with suggestions.

That's what I know.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wayne said:

My rumor. Also, this is happening starting today. L0OTVZl.png

Also, was given permission to send this. omkwdY6.png

Edited by Raw

1 hour ago, Raw said:

My rumor. Also, this is happening starting today. L0OTVZl.png

Also, was given permission to send this. omkwdY6.png

Sorry that you think this is bitching? Lol.