Lonelywood

Activity

While I agree with all the points on Yeezus as I played SPK with him when he was active and that Samuel and Chandler I rarely have seen on RuneX along with him, so I 100% support the idea of new staff.

I hate to admit, but staff will almost always be an issue with a larger server like this. I've played a few different servers. Sufficient staffing has always been the main issue. You'll have 300 - 400+ players online with maybe 2 - 3 staff members online. The problem is, you can't just promote anyone on a moments notice, you have to play it strategically to an extent, if you've got the day time covered (Which from what I've noticed in the few days I've been around, even daytime could use a little help). It's so important, especially for a server so big to have staff at least reachable 24/7. Whether it be 1 person for each alotted 4hrs or whatever or multiple. It'd help, loads.

A lot of us are still active. You just unfortunately do not see it all although you see the benefits in-game. The real question is do you feel there are not enough active staff that you see and can talk to..

If it is then it's a completely different problem.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Samuel said:

A lot of us are still active. You just unfortunately do not see it all although you see the benefits in-game. The real question is do you feel there are not enough active staff that you see and can talk to..

I feel it is more of an image issue, staff positions such as server support and moderators are supposed to be in-game, helping players and keeping Runex civil. Similarly, Forum moderator's are supposed to keep the forums looking good, submitting tickets and other forum related activities. 

To the vast majority of players, Yeezus, chandler and yourself do not appear to actually undertake the the responsibilities that your positions suggest.

It would be nice to know what the three of you actually do,

21 minutes ago, Samuel said:

A lot of us are still active. You just unfortunately do not see it all although you see the benefits in-game

This can mean that you develop updates or forums (Even though forums hasn't seen any update in months), you could be advisers etc or in reality, you could do nothing and the whole 'you don't see what we do for you' is just a ploy to trick us. 

None the less, whatever you three do, you need to be given titles fitting of your role in the server.

We do need more active staff in-game to help players, moderate the toxicity that continually pops up and to show newer players that we actually have active staff (improve our image).

We also need active forum staff to help improve the forums through updating official posts, pushing through forum updates, helping the constant amount of players requiring help, updating our rules etc.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Lonelywood said:

Sorry that you think this is bitching? Lol.

Don't ever take my words literally. You'll have a bad time. It doesn't apply to a civil thread like this. 

7 hours ago, Iron Logic said:

I feel it is more of an image issue, staff positions such as server support and moderators are supposed to be in-game, helping players and keeping Runex civil. Similarly, Forum moderator's are supposed to keep the forums looking good, submitting tickets and other forum related activities. 

We do need more active staff in-game to help players, moderate the toxicity that continually pops up and to show newer players that we actually have active staff (improve our image).

We also need active forum staff to help improve the forums through updating official posts, pushing through forum updates, helping the constant amount of players requiring help, updating our rules etc.

7 hours ago, Samuel said:

This is what I was trying to say. When I first joined a few days ago, I could tell the server was well managed by the staff, however staff/support being in-game was the issue. The mere image of a staff member (or a few) online can go a long way in a new players eyes. Without reading the forums, I wouldn't be able to tell that the staff/support members had reasonable reasons to be gone from the game at this point in time. Some people may not think to actually read up like I did.

It's not necessarily just wanting staff online to talk to. I'm not sure how the team is administrated here, but on a previous server, as long as the person(s) were active in-game, and if necessary on forums to at least deal with something 'major' if needbe, they could. But they also reserved the right to turn their friends to private/off and be hidden on the ::staff list so that they could enjoy the game themselves as well. I completely understand that a big server like this has a community that requires a lot of demand in the eyes of a staff team, especially one that is either still developing, or purposefully small.

If you want my opinion, being a former server owner, the staff team/family however you wish to address it, is quite small for a server of this size. I personally would highly recommend taking into serious consideration the promotion to at minimum support some of the people who are putting their best foot forward to help the server be at the best possible state it can be. Make sure the position they're given fits them as well as do they fit well with the team at hand already? If the team as a whole doesn't get along with that person, or has issues with that person, maybe they might not be the best candidate at this point in time until those issues are resolved. Have to make sure everyone here is one family.

Due to unfortunate living circumstances beyond my control I have not had access to the internet for a good while now. A widely known

fact is that I play whenever I am able to, so you can trust me when I say I have not been enjoying my forced leave. ( RuneX withdrawals are real )

While unintentional and uncontrollable as of yet, I will be regaining my ability to regularly access the internet shortly (1-3 days from now) and will return to active duty.

I  do apologize for any issues my absence may have contributed to.

~Thanks for understanding

One

• Like 5