nexs

Ironman Bossing system is fk up.

3 minutes ago, iksteekudood said:

We indeed need more staff members to enforce this rule. Lets just hope they will be there soon.

well the thing is...anyone could do this....not just ironman...I could use a normal/prime to do it cuz there's more benefit by doing that. so it's not really a ironman problems. it's a general problems

3 minutes ago, nexs said:

well the thing is...anyone could do this....not just ironman...I could use a normal/prime to do it cuz there's more benefit by doing that. so it's not really a ironman problems. it's a general problems

That is talking about someone using a main / ironman to duo bosses, I think you are mixed up for multi-logging in the wilderness.

3 minutes ago, Rolla said:

Well butter my biscuits it looks like we might have found some solutions here.

one butter biscuit coming up. lol but for real...it's really frustrating when you do boss slayer and keep getting crashed. especially the only reason why you want to play ironman is to be away from eco but some how still get fked by eco players lol.

18 minutes ago, nexs said:

3. I am on the fence about this one, just because they can still transfer stuff to mains, and in my eyes this makes being an ironman incredibly easy. Maybe like an ironman second world? In which only ironmen could log into it. This way ironmen wouldn't each get a instanced boss but rather would only have to fight among themselves? That's the best idea I currently have.

This is an amazing idea. 

1 minute ago, nexs said:

one butter biscuit coming up. lol but for real...it's really frustrating when you do boss slayer and keep getting crashed. especially the only reason why you want to play ironman is to be away from eco but some how still get fked by eco players lol.

I completely understand man, and again I am allllll for you guys getting a great update that can fix this. 

1 minute ago, 52xp said:

This is an amazing idea. 

Yeah I was thinking more and more about it, seems like its full proof to an extent, and simple and easy fix.

I haven't read all the repliess, but would it be possible to instance one boss for all ironmen? So ironmen could do bosses together without non irons crashing them?

Essencially it would be a single instance for people to join if they have an ironman rank. If other ironmen are already there, then you can help one another and perhaps that mechanic of someone else hitting it and you not getting the loot could be nullified since everyone there is an ironman?

Just a thought, don't even know if this is possible coding wise.

Also, I thought anything ironmen drop, only other ironmen could see it. Am I wrong there?

Edited by Grumpy

3 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

I haven't read all the repliess, but would it be possible to instance one boss for all ironmen? So ironmen could do bosses together without non irons crashing them?

Essencially it would be a single instance for people to join if they have an ironman rank. If other ironmen are already there, then you can help one another and perhaps that mechanic of someone else hitting it and you not getting the loot could be nullified since everyone there is an ironman?

Also, I thought anything ironmen drop, only other ironmen could see it. Am I wrong there?

Other iron man can't see each other their drops.

I also think that drops don't get nullified if its an other ironman attacking the boss

4 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

Gross, I like where this idea started, but helping each other as an ironman seems pointless to the play style. Maybe a instanced to where only ironmen could see the boss but, personally (and I am speaking for alot of higher Ironmen) they'd disagree with duo / trioing as it takes away from solo play.

If ironmen die in the wilderness who ever killed them can see all the juicy loot... YEEET.

6 minutes ago, Rolla said:

Gross, I like where this idea started, but helping each other as an ironman seems pointless to the play style. Maybe a instanced to where only ironmen could see the boss but, personally (and I am speaking for alot of higher Ironmen) they'd disagree with duo / trioing as it takes away from solo play.

If ironmen die in the wilderness who ever killed them can see all the juicy loot... YEEET.

I'm not necessarily saying they would be "helping" one another in the sense that they'd go out of their way to find other people to duo or trio with. I'm just saying this would eliminate the issue of getting crashed to some exctent. If you're fighting over drops with other ironmen, if they hit it, your progress shouldn't be nullified as if an eco player hit it, seeing as how you are both ironmen. Yes, you may not be soloing it, however keep in mind you cant split drops so you're literally fighting over the drop as it used to be without lootshare and coinshare or whatever.

Edited by Grumpy

3 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

ok first of all...IF IT'S against ironman rules to playing solo why is it ok for ironman to do duo slayer task?? it benefit them on getting faster points....I mean am i right? If that's the problem then why not just FIX the drop trade in wildy for ironman and make instances? so simple lol

I've always disliked our current system in which if a non-ironman player hits the boss even once and an ironman has done all of the damage, the non-ironman player gets the drop.

There are two methods of addressing this I would like to see;

1. Bossing Instances.
  2. Rework the system so that non-ironmen can't just jump in and steal the kill.

I've heard that people are always scared that ironmen will be able to abuse this and use their mains to help them kill bosses, but we really don't have any bosses that people will need to do that with. Honestly, if someone wants to put the time and effort into multilogging a boss and making sure their ironman does the most damage, it doesn't bother me.

Another point I saw brought up is that instanced bosses will make prices drop dramatically because ironmen will be able to camp them and transfer the loot to their mains. But I have just a few words for you, Kraken, Trident. Clearing instanced bosses don't have a great effect of price due to this server wide instanced boss still having a fairly valuable drop. Not going to mention Zulrah.

I don't have a huge amount of issues with not being able to boss, but there have been so many instances when I get crashed by some cocky kid in gear that I could but with my boots telling me 'L0l gtfo, my boss now hahaha' and it is a problem I would want to see fixed. 

@Rolla You mentioned an ironman only world, as much as I would love this idea, I feel like it could be a little overpowered and definitely unfair to normal accounts.

So I have a few comments and suggestions on everything I have read so far on this post and its replies. @Rolla @Iron Logic @Grumpy @Kliksa @nexs  (Tagged people talking about this cause thats how I roll)

1. On the not of instanced bosses and the problems some people have with it and the chance for it to ruin the ECO, I can't think of a handful of fixes for this that run from minor to major changes to how somethings currently work ingame.

For starters and the more drastic side of things - Make it so it is a choice for an ironman to be able to use instanced bosses HOWEVER this ironman will then be restricted to never being able to de-ironman (Do-able at max right now) and also make it so when they die with a skull in the wildy or just die in the wildy at all instead of dropping everything they have maybe have it drop 1 item of value and delete everything else from the game off them or have it delete everything. Now I know that seems like a negative for pkers which well it is, however it also makes it so players cannot trade off their ironmen using the wildy.

2. Make instanced bosses paid but don't make it cheap so that everytime an ironman runs out of supplies and needs to re-que the instance it costs a small fortune thus atleast making it so the ironmen have to takes breaks to gain money from other ways or maybe even have to sell some drops to the general store rather than be able to trade them over to their mains.

When i started typing I had more ideas but my train of thought got lost so this is all I have for now but hopefully this gives a new approach of thought on the topic?

Thanks for reading me :D

3 hours ago, Iron Logic said:

I've always disliked our current system in which if a non-ironman player hits the boss even once and an ironman has done all of the damage, the non-ironman player gets the drop.

There are two methods of addressing this I would like to see;

1. Bossing Instances.
  2. Rework the system so that non-ironmen can't just jump in and steal the kill.

I've heard that people are always scared that ironmen will be able to abuse this and use their mains to help them kill bosses, but we really don't have any bosses that people will need to do that with. Honestly, if someone wants to put the time and effort into multilogging a boss and making sure their ironman does the most damage, it doesn't bother me.

Another point I saw brought up is that instanced bosses will make prices drop dramatically because ironmen will be able to camp them and transfer the loot to their mains. But I have just a few words for you, Kraken, Trident. Clearing instanced bosses don't have a great effect of price due to this server wide instanced boss still having a fairly valuable drop. Not going to mention Zulrah.

I don't have a huge amount of issues with not being able to boss, but there have been so many instances when I get crashed by some cocky kid in gear that I could but with my boots telling me 'L0l gtfo, my boss now hahaha' and it is a problem I would want to see fixed. 

@Rolla You mentioned an ironman only world, as much as I would love this idea, I feel like it could be a little overpowered and definitely unfair to normal accounts.

Kraken and Zulrah drop rates are vastly lower because they are an instanced boss, this has been confirmed in game by Nate (Chris had a screenshot of him saying this somewhere i'll try to find it). So unless they alter the drop rates on every boss this is the same unfair advantage that ironmen would have if they had there own world. I agree that the system should be re-worked however I was always told never to complain about something without a solution. Therefore that is the only reason I didn't address it as so.

2 hours ago, Pie Senpai said:

So I have a few comments and suggestions on everything I have read so far on this post and its replies. @Rolla @Iron Logic @Grumpy @Kliksa @nexs  (Tagged people talking about this cause thats how I roll)

1. On the not of instanced bosses and the problems some people have with it and the chance for it to ruin the ECO, I can't think of a handful of fixes for this that run from minor to major changes to how somethings currently work ingame.

For starters and the more drastic side of things - Make it so it is a choice for an ironman to be able to use instanced bosses HOWEVER this ironman will then be restricted to never being able to de-ironman (Do-able at max right now) and also make it so when they die with a skull in the wildy or just die in the wildy at all instead of dropping everything they have maybe have it drop 1 item of value and delete everything else from the game off them or have it delete everything. Now I know that seems like a negative for pkers which well it is, however it also makes it so players cannot trade off their ironmen using the wildy.

2. Make instanced bosses paid but don't make it cheap so that everytime an ironman runs out of supplies and needs to re-que the instance it costs a small fortune thus atleast making it so the ironmen have to takes breaks to gain money from other ways or maybe even have to sell some drops to the general store rather than be able to trade them over to their mains.

When i started typing I had more ideas but my train of thought got lost so this is all I have for now but hopefully this gives a new approach of thought on the topic?

Thanks for reading me :D

Reading this confused me slightly I think I know what you are trying to say but you use negatives where you did not mean to or maybe you did and you are against the topic?

I am going to continue on presuming this was just typo's 

1. The drastic side has both pro's and con's. Pro's being of course that an ironmen could not ruin the eco at all. However I think more thought (not by you, but by the Dev's) needs to be put in on how they can still make killing ironmen rewarding without making it OP and having PKers just hunt them specifically. 

2. If this suggestion is without the first suggestion in play then it's useless. Ironmen would be trading gold (which it honestly couldn't cost that much as I imagine a ironman with a lot of gold is maybe 1.5b) for items which more than likely are going to be worth more then the gold in the eco value.

Ill try to come up with a more thought out solution after I go shopping.

14 minutes ago, Rolla said:

which it honestly couldn't cost that much as I imagine a ironman with a lot of gold is maybe 1.5b

I have never broken the 300m cash mark. You would be surprised how little cash comes in for ironmen. I do have to repair a lot of untradables and do construction though. 

49 minutes ago, Rolla said:

I am going to continue on presuming this was just typo's 

1. The drastic side has both pro's and con's. Pro's being of course that an ironmen could not ruin the eco at all. However I think more thought (not by you, but by the Dev's) needs to be put in on how they can still make killing ironmen rewarding without making it OP and having PKers just hunt them specifically. 

2. If this suggestion is without the first suggestion in play then it's useless. Ironmen would be trading gold (which it honestly couldn't cost that much as I imagine a ironman with a lot of gold is maybe 1.5b) for items which more than likely are going to be worth more then the gold in the eco value.

Sorry English/spelling is not my strong suit so I can cause some confusion sometimes so yea sorry about that. But yes on the first points you got pretty much exactly what I was trying to say

@Rolla @Iron Logic @Pie Senpai @Nate @52xp @Grumpy

Well here's my suggestions.

1) Make these bosses to instance ( KBD, Kalphite Queen, Smoke Devil) [ must pay 1m gold to enter ]

2) Change the PK drop system for ironmen. (players that PK with the same IP will not get loots, Ironman drop bloods coins 100-300 + chances of getting bonus box, Noted pots, and prized boxes, ect. you can't pk the same ironman for 2 or 3 hours)

3) OR change pk drop system for ironman. (turn rare items into coins instead. nothing to OP example whip 1m. and so on and so on)

to be continue

1. No, 1m is too much.

2. Terrible idea, Gives people a reason to hunt down ironmen, not to mention a huge list of other issues that i'm too tired to get in to.

3. No.

Yeah, I like how we're all contributing ideas but I think the ironman world still sounds amazing. It would allow Ryan to simply prevent trading on the world in general, delete the TP, etc. and it's all be so much simpler. 

An ironman only world could have a fair few issues;

1. Almost no pkers, meaning we would be very safe in the wilderness.

Even if there were a few pkers, they wouldn't be very good as ironmen tend not to have OP gear, let alone risk it.

2. Would we need to double the active in-game staff team, or just force some of them to spend their time in the ironman only world. (Does fe kliksa even have any powers?) Who would staff the world? ;P

3. A lot less competition in places such as the kharazi minigame.

I would love an ironman only world, it just feels like this would be a little too much.

4 minutes ago, Iron Logic said:

An ironman only world could have a fair few issues;

1. Almost no pkers, meaning we would be very safe in the wilderness.

Even if there were a few pkers, they wouldn't be very good as ironmen tend not to have OP gear, let alone risk it.

2. Would we need to double the active in-game staff team, or just force some of them to spend their time in the ironman only world. (Does fe kliksa even have any powers?) Who would staff the world? ;P

3. A lot less competition in places such as the kharazi minigame.

I would love an ironman only world, it just feels like this would be a little too much.

Pkers in my opinion really isn't a big deal to most ironmen anyways, you really don't need to camp the wilderness that often. We need double the staff regardless so you half right. It just seems like the best of all options so far.

Pker part won't be issue, there are irons that pk with good gear, myself I pk with 80+hours worth of risk as a ironman. You could link the worlds, clanchat, yell chat, ect so you wouldn't be required to double staff, and it's not competition in khazari, it's impossible for irons, seeing as we can't loot, can't kill shit because people like to ks, etc.

On 2017-08-23 at 9:21 PM, Kliksa said:

It's part of the challenge of Ironman.

Doesnt sound like a challenge, more like a pain in the ass aka I quit.