nexs

Ironman Bossing system is fk up.

Ok there need to be instances on bossing for ironman or maybe a way that ironman don't get crash on when doing bosses. Ex: if an ironman is on the boss no1 else are able to attack it even if it's in multi zone.

It's such a stupid system that ironman don't get the kill or drops if a player dmg on the boss. >:( 

Please please fix this next update.

13 minutes ago, nexs said:

Ok there need to be instances on bossing for ironman or maybe a way that ironman don't get crash on when doing bosses. Ex: if an ironman is on the boss no1 else are able to attack it even if it's in multi zone.

It's such a stupid system that ironman don't get the kill or drops if a player dmg on the boss. >:( 

Please please fix this next update.

It's part of the challenge of Ironman.

Challenge? It makes some things impossible, plus people can rag you in pvm which I've had happen. Like the Jungle demon achievement, cannot complete is because most of the time people are camping the boss.

8 minutes ago, prime dead said:

Challenge? It makes some things impossible, plus people can rag you in pvm which I've had happen. Like the Jungle demon achievement, cannot complete is because most of the time people are camping the boss.

I've achieved almost every good drop on my ironman, sure it was a challenge and it was annoying when people crashed you but you gotta deal with it.

3 minutes ago, prime dead said:

Some shit is impossible as I said, such as jungle demon. No, you don't have jungle demon drops for that exact reason.

The jungle demon is an annoying boss that's why I've only killed about 15 of them.

5 minutes ago, Kliksa said:

It's part of the challenge of Ironman.

Challenge?? are you kidding me..

all I see is that we get ks from other players from time to time.

I can see the frustration, but no one is forcing anyone to play an ironman. Sadly doing anything that has currently been suggested is way to overpowered.

1. Instanced bosses for ironmen: This is both unfair and overpowered as the top ironmen could easily ruin eco's of items simply by camping the boss without any competition and dropping the loot to the main. Also this means making an ironman means you'll never be crashed. 

2. Make it so ironmen get the drop if they attack a boss whether or not anyone else attacks the boss: Again this goes against "playing without any aid"

It's RuneScape guys, you've seen how this went on OSRS and you still signed up for the handy cap. I understand its probably the most frustrating thing in the world, and if a good suggestion is brought up to fix the problem, I'd be down 100% to support this.

I'm not sure about the current suggestions, I believe Iron logic made a decent suggestion about this, but I can't remember off the top of my head, my tagging isnt working properly can someone tag him in this for me? @iron logic

I can see the frustration, but no one is forcing anyone to play an ironman. Sadly doing anything that has currently been suggested is way to overpowered.

1. Instanced bosses for ironmen: This is both unfair and overpowered as the top ironmen could easily ruin eco's of items simply by camping the boss without any competition and dropping the loot to the main. Also this means making an ironman means you'll never be crashed. 

2. Make it so ironmen get the drop if they attack a boss whether or not anyone else attacks the boss: Again this goes against "playing without any aid"

It's RuneScape guys, you've seen how this went on OSRS and you still signed up for the handy cap. I understand its probably the most frustrating thing in the world, and if a good suggestion is brought up to fix the problem, I'd be down 100% to support this.

I'm not sure about the current suggestions, I believe Iron logic made a decent suggestion about this, but I can't remember off the top of my head, my tagging isnt working properly can someone tag him in this for me? @Iron Logic

Edited by Rolla

8 minutes ago, Rolla said:

u can easily solo every boss in runex so i don't see a reason why we should have a the rule in the first place. the only thing it does is making it easy to crash ironman.

4 minutes ago, iksteekudood said:

u can easily solo every boss in runex so i don't see a reason why we should have a the rule in the first place. the only thing it does is making it easy to crash ironman.

This is not true, a decent amount of bosses need specific items to make them easily solo-able. Example Corp, without this rule I could easily get 1 hit on my ironman then solo it on my main because I don't have a gilded cannon on my ironman nor a hasta drop yet. Or maybe a boss that requires mage, maybe I don't want to waste my runes, there's so many exploits I can see from changing this rule.

EDIT: And again I'm not against ironmen by any means, I understand it's a shitty thing to deal with; its just that there's no real work around that anyone can think of.

Edited by Rolla

6 minutes ago, Rolla said:

This is not true, a decent amount of bosses need specific items to make them easily solo-able. Example Corp, without this rule I could easily get 1 hit on my ironman then solo it on my main because I don't have a gilded cannon on my ironman nor a hasta drop yet. Or maybe a boss that requires mage, maybe I don't want to waste my runes, there's so many exploits I can see from changing this rule.

u will get the drop on youre main? u will need to do atleast 50% damage?

7 minutes ago, iksteekudood said:

u will get the drop on youre main? u will need to do atleast 50% damage?

I am not sure what the question is here.

20 minutes ago, Rolla said:

I'm not sure about the current suggestions, I believe Iron logic made a decent suggestion about this, but I can't remember off the top of my head, my tagging isnt working properly can someone tag him in this for me? @iron logic

I'm not sure about the current suggestions, I believe Iron logic made a decent suggestion about this, but I can't remember off the top of my head, my tagging isnt working properly can someone tag him in this for me? @Iron Logic

1. I dont agree with this. Ironman can't trade or ruined the eco anyway. ironman was made so you could play without eco to help. so idk how ironman could evn ruined the eco

2. If this is so why not make it so when ironman is on a boss no other players can attack it.

3. Instance won't ruin shit for ironman cuz they're playing for themself.

It's not that we get instant drop, it's the fact that we should get loot if we do at least 50%+ damage, plus corp doesn't require guided cannon nor spear, I do corp without spear, cannon just helps. It's actually one of the easier bosses in-game.

2 minutes ago, nexs said:

1. I dont agree with this. Ironman can't trade or ruined the eco anyway. ironman was made so you could play without eco to help. so idk how ironman could evn ruined the eco

2. If this is so why not make it so when ironman is on a boss no other players can attack it.

3. Instance won't ruin shit for ironman cuz they're playing for themself.

1. I've traded with ironmen before, whether its ::redskulling or from various other ways they get the items to there main account. (Trading for bonds before you could use them on players)

2. Again that would mean an ironman could camp any boss for as long as he gets the first hit. 

3. I am on the fence about this one, just because they can still transfer stuff to mains, and in my eyes this makes being an ironman incredibly easy. Maybe like an ironman second world? In which only ironmen could log into it. This way ironmen wouldn't each get a instanced boss but rather would only have to fight among themselves? That's the best idea I currently have.

I am not sure what the question is here.

That youre example doesn't make sense. you will still need to do more then 50% damage to get the drop. You will still need a zammy spear and a cannon if you want to get the drop. 

5 minutes ago, iksteekudood said:

That youre example doesn't make sense. you will still need to do more then 50% damage to get the drop. You will still need a zammy spear and a cannon if you want to get the drop. 

OOo true, true, trueeeee; I did forget about that tad bit, but again where there's a will there's a way, why wouldn't I duo bosses on my main with my ironman if that was the case though? Faster kills etc, I know most people wouldn't do that, but its the rotten eggs that spoil the bunch.

OOo true, true, trueeeee; I did forget about that tad bit, but again where there's a will there's a way, why wouldn't I duo bosses on my main with my ironman if that was the case though? Faster kills etc, I know most people wouldn't do that, but its the rotten eggs that spoil the bunch.

Well ofcourse it should not be allowed to do this. from my experience the only bosses where a main to help you would be any decent would be corp and the Godwars dungeon bosses. so iron's with their mains would be easily detected.

36 minutes ago, Kliksa said:

I've achieved almost every good drop on my ironman, sure it was a challenge and it was annoying when people crashed you but you gotta deal with it.

Well that shouldn't even be the problem in the first place. it's not fair to those that play ironman to get crashed on. Some of us here only play ironman because we dont want to be in the eco and just want to play solo. 

4 minutes ago, iksteekudood said:

Well ofcourse it should not be allowed to do this. from my experience the only bosses where a main to help you would be any decent would be corp and the Godwars dungeon bosses. so iron's with their mains would be easily detected.

Again I totally agree with this, however now this goes into staff manpower / time. This would put more constraint on the already huge workload that our 3-4 staff members have. Do we really want 2-5 reports a day of Ironman abusing this new update with there mains? Just seems like overall not worth it, which again does suck. That's just where my thought process is at on this.

EDIT: 2-5 is probably over kill, i'd assume 1 maybe 2 every 2-3 days.

Edited by Rolla

16 minutes ago, Rolla said:

1. I've traded with ironmen before, whether its ::redskulling or from various other ways they get the items to there main account. (Trading for bonds before you could use them on players)

2. Again that would mean an ironman could camp any boss for as long as he gets the first hit. 

3. I am on the fence about this one, just because they can still transfer stuff to mains, and in my eyes this makes being an ironman incredibly easy. Maybe like an ironman second world? In which only ironmen could log into it. This way ironmen wouldn't each get a instanced boss but rather would only have to fight among themselves? That's the best idea I currently have.

Well

1. Ironman shouldn't be able to trade anything at all so why is that a thing?

2. Well That's the thing that happening to us ironman right now.

3. again IRONMAN SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO THIS! IT'S AN EASY FIX!

3 minutes ago, nexs said:

Well

1. Ironman shouldn't be able to trade anything at all so why is that a thing?

2. Well That's the thing that happening to us ironman right now.

3. again IRONMAN SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO THIS! IT'S AN EASY FIX!

Well if they took it away, there would be no reason to PK an ironman as you'd get no loot, so unless they made ironmens loot auto disappear (which to be honest could be a great idea) but with how little PKing goes on in the wilderness currently I am not sure they'd do that.

10 minutes ago, Rolla said:

Again I totally agree with this, however now this goes into staff manpower / time. This would put more constraint on the already huge workload that our 3-4 staff members have. Do we really want 2-5 reports a day of Ironman abusing this new update with there mains? Just seems like overall not worth it, which again does suck. That's just where my thought process is at on this.

EDIT: 2-5 is probably over kill, i'd assume 1 maybe 2 every 2-3 days.

We indeed need more staff members to enforce this rule. Lets just hope they will be there soon.

2 minutes ago, Rolla said:

Well if they took it away, there would be no reason to PK an ironman as you'd get no loot, so unless they made ironmens loot auto disappear (which to be honest could be a great idea) but with how little PKing goes on in the wilderness currently I am not sure they'd do that.

there are many way to fix that. Ex: On dead in Wildy instead of getting ironman loots. the loots could turn into blood money. 100-300 blood coins a kill and you wont get drops if you have same IP + can't get drop from the same ironman every 4 hrs or something like that. that's just one way....there are more way of solving this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nexs said:

there are many way to fix that. Ex: On dead in Wildy instead of getting ironman loots. the loots could turn into blood money. 100-300 blood coins a kill and you wont get drops if you have same IP + can't get drop from the same ironman every 4 hrs or something like that. that's just one way....there are more way of solving this.

Well butter my biscuits it looks like we might have found some solutions here.