Wayne

::checkinv @Staff - Kharazi Jungle Minigame

Disable ::checkinv for (Support & Moderators) during the Kharazi Jungle Minigame  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should this command be disabled for Staff Members during the minigame?

• Yes
    • No - (Please, post below reasons why you've chosen No)

::checkinv should be Disabled while playing the Kharazi Jungle Minigame for all Staff Members (Support & Moderators) - It's very uncomfortable knowing staff members currently have access to this command during the minigame.

Now, before you get hostile about this request.. I'm FULLY aware that if a staff member is caught using this command during the minigame, it's considered abuse and could ultimately cost them their staff rank. BUT, I highly doubt Ryan/Ramzi/Nate have time to check the staff logs every time a staff members has played this minigame. :|

• I'm not claiming any of the current staff members have used this command during the minigame, but it would be reassuring knowing as a normal player they don't have that ability.
  • Say a staff member is indeed using this command to their benefit, they can easily look at a players inventory and rule out if they can kill that player or not. - Why would you want that?
  • This suggestion is nothing personal against staff members, it's a simple request to have it disabled ONLY during the minigame. - I'm not requesting it to be disabled outside of the minigame

Some of you are probably thinking "They need to check your inventory for illegal items".. Well no, as far as I'm aware, this minigame is bulletproof & is probably impossible to have illegal items during the minigame.

- If a staff member needs to ::checkinv during the minigame to see if a player is cheating, that staff member needs to ultimately forfeit the minigame (tele away) and use the command, or have another staff member that is outside of the minigame check that players inventory.

If you haven't played this minigame before, please don't post below.. You more than likely don't know why I'm requesting this ~ Thank You kindly

Hey, thanks for your suggestion!

For precautionary purposes, this command will be restricted in the minigame area on the next update.

Thanks,
Ryan

Edited by Wayne
  • Like 1

Hey, thanks for your suggestion!

For precautionary purposes, this command will be restricted in the minigame area on the next update.

Thanks,
Ryan

• Like 1

This is a very well though out suggestion and I fully agree. Like you, I completely trust out current staff team and know that none of them have or would have abused this, but it is an important habit to get into as our server grows.

However, I think that this suggestion should be broadened to many other locations. None of the reasons you have suggested for this are restricted only to the Kharazi minigame. 

Wilderness in general: It would be unfair as they could check your inventory to see if they can beat you (see above) or check spec weapons etc.

::Gamble: They would be able to see how much wealth you currently hold in order to either pressure you into making bigger bets, or preying on players with lower wealths to give them more of a chance to win (Through doubling up, A poor player is more likely to be cleaned through doubling up as once they lose once, they can't double up)

Duel arena: Similar points to ::gamble.

I'm not sure how checkinv restrictions would work, whether it would be if the staff is in the wilderness they can not check or if the player they are checking is in the wilderness they can not check. But what if you are cutting the cursed tree in the wilderness and a staff member checks your inventory and sees you are at the cursed tree. 

As you can see there are a variety of issue that come through checking inventories, If anything, checking inventories should be disabled if either party is in the wilderness and a message should display whenever a staff member checks a players inventory or bank.

[M]Ally has checked you bank.

[M]Roger has checked your inventory.

This gives almost complete transparency when it comes to these commands and gives the player in question the ability to screenshot those messages as proof if they think it has caused an unfair advantage in the staffs favour, rather than the owners having to look through logs.

Obviously there are situations when the staff will need to use these commands without the player knowing, that could be a new command restricted to higher levels of staff or it could be flagged every time someone uses it. 

Also, why does every post regarding the Kharazi minigame get Ryans attention except the two of mine :') 

2 hours ago, Iron Logic said:

This is a very well though out suggestion and I fully agree. Like you, I completely trust out current staff team and know that none of them have or would have abused this, but it is an important habit to get into as our server grows.

However, I think that this suggestion should be broadened to many other locations. None of the reasons you have suggested for this are restricted only to the Kharazi minigame. 

Wilderness in general: It would be unfair as they could check your inventory to see if they can beat you (see above) or check spec weapons etc.

::Gamble: They would be able to see how much wealth you currently hold in order to either pressure you into making bigger bets, or preying on players with lower wealths to give them more of a chance to win (Through doubling up, A poor player is more likely to be cleaned through doubling up as once they lose once, they can't double up)

Duel arena: Similar points to ::gamble.

I'm not sure how checkinv restrictions would work, whether it would be if the staff is in the wilderness they can not check or if the player they are checking is in the wilderness they can not check. But what if you are cutting the cursed tree in the wilderness and a staff member checks your inventory and sees you are at the cursed tree. 

As you can see there are a variety of issue that come through checking inventories, If anything, checking inventories should be disabled if either party is in the wilderness and a message should display whenever a staff member checks a players inventory or bank.

[M]Ally has checked you bank.

[M]Roger has checked your inventory.

This gives almost complete transparency when it comes to these commands and gives the player in question the ability to screenshot those messages as proof if they think it has caused an unfair advantage in the staffs favour, rather than the owners having to look through logs.

Obviously there are situations when the staff will need to use these commands without the player knowing, that could be a new command restricted to higher levels of staff or it could be flagged every time someone uses it. 

Also, why does every post regarding the Kharazi minigame get Ryans attention except the two of mine :') 

I agree with everything you've suggested. Feel free to create a new topic with a poll instead of posting it here? I'm sure it'll get Ryan's attention.. ;)

- Personally, I didn't want to go into depth on other locations other than the minigame (for now).. I'm sure the staff team would come up with several elaborate ideas on why they need ::checkinv @Gamble,Wilderness,&Duel.. I'm not not interested in arguing with them, Roger & Kliksa kinda gave me grief when I asked them why they had access to ::checkinv at Kharazi Island before this topic was made.

Edited by Wayne

@Wayne I might do that in the future,

I'm sure the grief you received was due in some part due to the staff feeling like it is an attack on their character and credibility / trust.