Sign in to follow this  
52xp

The OFFICIAL Runex Wiki :^)

Hey friends,

As many of you have heard over the last year and some change, I originally revived and recreated the Runex Wiki via Fandom. Since then, and especially in the last few weeks, a lot of things have changed in regards to the wiki and more importantly, the people working on it. @big fat has been a vital part of a gigantic, ongoing conversion process from ugly old Fandom to MediaWiki, which is the same 'base' that the OSRS and RS3 wikis use. All of the backend work has been done by him and for that, I couldn't be more grateful.

This has allowed for so much progress within the last couple weeks that very soon, we will be ready to officially "launch" the wiki. That being said, we could use your help in making this everything it can be. Obviously, we're looking at thousands of pages overall that need to be touched up, modified, and even created from scratch. A lot of this process is being automated, particularly all of the specific item pages (e.g. Kharazi Mask), and will only require us to add short descriptions and instructions for how to obtain said items. Other pages, such as guides for PVM, moneymaking, skilling, etc. will also need to be added. Majority, if not all, of the guides from the Fandom wiki have been moved over already - but the reality is that this just scratches the surface of where we would like things to be. 

If you'd like to take a peak at the wiki in it's current state, you can have a look here: https://runex.info/ (best viewed with a 1080p monitor, as of right now)

We've spoken with black Jesus and should be launching officially with a different URL in the near future. Stay tuned for that. :^)

So...

What am I looking for?

Players that are interested in creating guides and informative pages for content on Runex. This will entail things such as our custom gear (e.g. Crestbearer, Crestroot, Ancrestral), custom minigames (e.g. Kharazi, Elite Barrows, Inferno), skilling guides for efficiency and profit, and so much more that we've already began to work on. 

Who am I looking for?

Anyone with a somewhat broad knowledge of Runex that wants to help out the player base more than they already are. 

What would you be doing?

Basically, whatever you want to do. If you feel like creating a moneymaking guide, do that. If you want to make an efficient guide for getting 1-99 Slayer, that's fine too.

Interested? Here's a rough idea how things will work.

Within the Runex Wiki Discord, there will be channels allocated to unfinished pages, submitted pages (completed), and approved pages. You can either choose a random page or one from the list of (more urgent) unfinished pages and get to work. Once you feel the page is complete, you will submit it in the second channel. This is where a Wiki Moderator will review your page to ensure its accuracy and presentability. If all things check out, the page will be moved to the approved pages channel and you will get credit for completing a page. 

Incentives are something we haven't yet discussed but once things are situated and it's decided what they may be, all of the contributors will have their names on a list that will be sent to whatever staff member would pay out these rewards. As for contributions before we figure all of that out, I'll still be keeping track of them all just in case. 

Tl;dr -- choose a page, work on page, submit page, profit if approved. 

If this sounds like something you'd like to be apart of, please feel free to leave a reply here with your Discord or add/message me on mine at 52xp.

You can alternatively join the official Runex Wiki Discord here: https://discord.gg/cb778NWsyE

I hope to hear from you!

Edited by 52xp
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1