MGI Raimon

Menaphite akh boss - Nardah rework suggestion

Menaphite akh boss - Nardah rework suggestion

The Menaphite Akh

Menaphite Akh.png

The menaphite akh boss would be added as a new addition to the nardah mini-game.
To gain access to this fight, the player must use a "Cursed tomb key" on a special
sarcophogus inside of their Nardah instance.

The first change to the Nardah Mini-game:
All nardah related NPC's will drop a new type of stackable item called "
Ancient energy".
The amounts dropped will scale with the difficulty of the npc, going from mummys dropping very little to chaos mummies dropping the most.
It can also be found by looting sarcophogi, with the amounts increasing based on the type of key used. This will not replace the current sarcophogus drops,
but be an additional reward the same as with the npc drops.
Simply running the mini-game, slaying the monsters and opening sarcophagi will now passively be supplying the player with this Ancient Energy.

This energy can in turn be used to turn keys into a cursed tomb key variant. Each key can be upgraded, however the type of key indicates the amount of energy required.
(Bronze requiring the most, gold the least)

The 2nd change:
Special sarcophagi. These will receive a red hue/outline around them to tell them apart.
First off, the current sand mummy spawnable sarcophogi will be removed. This means those specific 3 places that had a chance of spawning one will no longer do so.
Instead every nardah run will now have 5 random sarcophogi be a "special" one. These are randomized in every run and will also contain randomized insides.
- 3 Of them will be simple
loot/trap type sarcophogi. These now have increased rates at uniques, higher amounts of energy, as well as a rare chance of getting any of the otherwise limited obtainable uniques related to the mini-game. Using a key on these special sacro's will further enhance the odds and energy amounts. 
At the same time however, they may also spawn a
sand mummy just like before, allowing you to kill them for their uniques and additional energy.
- An
empty sarcophogus. This just gives nothing, simply to make it less predictable as to which one contains what.
- The Menaphite Akh's resting place.
This will appear as an empty sarcophogus if opened normally, but can become the boss spawn if the player used a cursed tomb key instead.
In order to find out which one contains the boss, the player would have to use the key on all 1-5 sarco's until they guess the correct one. 
Using this key will add 2 minutes to the nardah timer and spawn the Menaphite Akh boss.

> As a whole, this part of the suggestion would make the entire nardah layout more interesting and worth exploring compared to the current setup where the main focus simply goes
to finding the best NPC's. Time will matter more and so will tactics to do the right things in the right order.

The boss fight:
The boss will be spawned with 2000 hp in a solo and 4000 hp in a duo.
It has relatively low defensive stats, but instead makes use of protection prayers and mechanics to make for an interesting fight.

It's attacks:

- It'll have a few regular ranged/magic attacks that it does most consistently throughout the fight. These will have seperate animations/projectiles to use protection prayers against.
- Death Stare. The menaphite akh will shout "Stare into the abyss!".
This will cause a special attack to activate that will deal from 70 up to 90 damage to the players.
This can be prevented through 2 methods:
1. Looking away. By turning your character away from the Menaphite Akh before the attack goes off, the player will remain unaffected. This is simply done by clicking a tile in
the opposite direction of where akh is standing. (This doesn't need to be super precise as long as it's away from him. F.e if hes standing north your character needs to look
south-west, south or south-east to avoid it.)
2. Shadow barraging the Menaphite Akh. This needs to be done quickly after his initial shout, and the barrage can also never splash. 
He'll shout "I cannot see!" indicating it worked preventing the attack from going off.

- Shadows. At every 30% of health lost, the Menaphite Akh will spawn 4 shadows nearby, but with enough space that some running will be necessary. The player(s) must find the real
Menaphite Akh to continue the fight. All shadows will be killed instantly when attacked with a melee weapon, or take 200 damage through either ranged or magic attacks.
These shadows will attack the player with a shadow barrage spell, dealing not only magic damage but also lowering the players stats & run with each attack.
These will have a pretty long range, making it so that the player must quickly get to all the shadow and defeat them to stop these attacks. 
Only when you have defeated 3 shadows will the 4th turn back into the Menaphite Akh to continue the fight.

- Final stand. Instead of spawning shadows once more, the Menaphite Akh will now entire a final stand of enragement at 25% health, increasing it's attack speed as well as shortening the duration of launching any more death stares during this time. 

Droptable:
The boss will always roll 3 times per player.
- The lesser rare nardah items (mummy pieces, nardah robes, etc)
- An uncommon chance of the more rare items.
- And then just the more usual stuff like RC items, huge casket and alike.
Just an overall nice droptable that makes it rewarding to kill for the more regular loot as well.

New uniques:
> Stone of Akh.

This new stone can be used on a Chaos Sceptre (i) to create a new Sceptre of Akh. The sceptre now becomes similiar to a storm trident, giving it it's own autocasted spell that targets multiple enemies close by at once, dealing very high damage against Desert & undead type monsters such as:
- All nardah creatures. It also deals 2x damage while inside the nardah mini-game.
- The kalphite queen & other kalphite monsters
- Vorkath
- Revenants
- Barrows brothers

These aren't all necessarily classified within those terms for all items, I just believe it to be a reasonable list of monsters for it to work well on.

> Keris Partisan.

Keris partisan detail.png
https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Keris_partisan
This will just be an empty version of it. To upgrade it to breaching/sun/corruption keris', the player must acquire them from TOA. It'd still be a decent weapon against
kalphites and scarab monsters on it's own for melee. 

Additional special effect: Should be able to hit through the KQ her prayer. Could be with decreased accuraccy but even on osrs the KQ prayers aren't "real" prayers, but more of an indication of it's weakness. While changing the way it works on runex entirely would make it too easy, I do think the Keris having this effect would be reasonable and also make it more desirable overall to obtain. 
* If it's already planned to be obtained somehow else due to TOA, this could just be an entirely different weapon with just the effect of being good against KQ.

> Menaphite Akh Pet.
File:Menaphite Akh chathead.png
PvM: Has a 1/10 chance to trigger a Shadow Curse against your target. When cursed, the target will become weaker to hits from the player.
Each attack will now do an accuraccy check twice, resulting in the highest damage passing through, while also increasing your max hit by 25% for 10 seconds.
This effect cannot go off a second time while the target is already cursed and it has a 20 second cooldown before being able to proc again after it has worn off. 
A message appears when you curse a target, as well as when it fades off, in your chatbox.

In simple terms:
- At a 1/10 chance to go off, the player gains a double accuraccy check and +25% damage for 10 seconds,
which cannot go off twice at the same time with a 20 second cooldown after.

Example:
Let's say you're using a holy rapier (i) with a max hit of 100 and you proc the effect.
Your max hit now becomes a 125, and each accuraccy check is done twice.
You attack a target:
1) If the hit doesn't miss it'll roll what your hit becomes: a 25.
2) If this hit also doesn't miss it'll roll what your hit becomes: a 59.
As the 2nd roll was the highest, the damage you deal will be a 59 for that hit.
Additionally: I also believe this effect should NOT work on unyielding, inquisitor or executioner procs. Basically any "additional" hits.
I feel like it'd be a ton of extra work to not only add that but also for the server to do that many checks each time someone attacks when an enemy is cursed.
On top of that I believe it'd be too strong.
The 25% extra damage could be applied on the additional hits, this could be discussed depending on how strong it is.
Only checking your main hit also balances it out more for all 3 styles rather than melee having an upper hand due to executioner.
And lastly for comparison sake: On a rapier proc you'd get approximately 4 hits in during this time, assuming the hit that procs it counts. If it's the next
hit after proccing, you'd only get 3 attacks in during the time of this effect with a 4 tick weapon. Although the effect is on the strong side, it also has enough counter
balance to not be considered completely overpowered due to it's timers.

PvP: Could be a watered down version of the above mentioned effect, have simply no effect, or just do something else. This is definitely not a main concern nor have I put any thought into it, but I did atleast want to adress it. The effect itself would definitely be too strong for PvP, but I don't have a good counter-offer for it either.

Potential difficulty changes to the mini-game NPC's as a whole.
This is more of an additional thing that isn't perse necessary to any of the rest, but I do believe it'd make the mini-game more fun and less "braindead" so to say. 

While I don't believe nardah itself should necessarily be hard, I do believe it can be a bit more interactive than it is currently. The npc's and mechanics are bland and don't require
a lot of thinking or even action for players to complete.
Some changes I'd like to suggest:

- Afflicted mummies: These will now leave a trail of lava tiles as they move around. These will stick around for approximately 6 ticks or 3.6 seconds. Standing on these tiles will continuously deal damage to the player, as well as drain their run energy and prayer points. 
In order to cross the areas they roam, the player must be careful to not stand on these tiles until they disapear.

- Scarab mages: These can now freeze the player for roughly 5 seconds.
Combined with the dangerous lava tiles from the afflicted mummies, these can now create a potentially deadly combination.

- Sand mummies: These will now attack with ranged and magic. 
These 2 attacks will now deal significantly more damage, advising you to correctly use your protection prayers against these attacks to reduce this by 90%.
The 2 attacks will have slightly different animations as well as projectiles to signal what prayer to use.

- Cursed mummies: These mummies will now be able to attack with ranged as well when the player is out of reach dealing slight chip damage through prayer, and around
the 15-20 range when off prayer. This is simply to remove the ability to farcast them and deal with no repercussions. 
It'd still be advised to do this as their attacks will still drain run energy as they do currently.
But on top of that, they'll now be able to put a new type of status effect on the player, called a "curse". When cursed the player will temporarily not be able to use any protection
prayers for the span of 10 seconds. The player can counter this effect by equipping 3 different god items, which turns the curse on the mummy instead. Your protection prayers will now block all damage for 10 seconds instead. This attack will have a special animation before launching to indicate it coming, with a small time frame to equip your items. 
These items can be any of the god rune armor sets, d'hide sets or robes (mitre/crozier set). 

This exludes everything that'd considered a god item for the ring/halo boosts such as ancestral.

Edited by MGI Raimon
  • Like 1

Fire I like the idea. I know we have good minigames that are out dated and little updates and new demi-bosses can spice them back up.