Dragon Paws

Dragon Paws / MrCypher Server support application

Desired staff position: Server support

Your name (first name would suffice): Jake

Your age: 24

Your timezone: GMT+10 (AUS)

Average amount of gameplay hours per day: 8-14

Known as: Dragon paws / MrCypher

Why you should receive the position: I've seen this server grow and come a long way since 2017, as I've grown with it and how I act towards people along with it, seen my mistakes and bettered myself with it all, I'd love to better help out runex's community both with forwarding suggestions, help and the tickets with it. I'd be in more of a timezone that currently has a dead zone for staff members and I'd like to try and fill that the best I could as I see issues and people needing help in these down times with not much that can be done and I feel I can be of assistance in those areas, I don't want to be center of attention but would like to know that people can see the icon and know that they can come to me with ease for any questions or help whether in-game or via the forums itself, I've also had the experience of being a moderator for a little known game.. RAID: SHADOW LEGENDS, yes. That meme game, I was a moderator for it's 200k discord and in-game for around 2 years actively and would hope having experience there could better help me in situations. I'd like to thank you all for reading this and would like to see any feedback in the comments area!

• Like 4

I'll be the first to throw the -1.

My reason is that I dont think you've really changed from who you used to be. An example would be when your friends were calling everyone that pked them pedophiles, you felt the need to join in on it(this can be seen on the discord, you edited your comment from 12 to 16.)(As well as when I made a comment to travis ingame about "who would attack travis" and you made another joke about being above a certain age limit.)

You also don't handle situations really well. 

I think if you actually had a positive attitude. I would have given you the +1, but with how you've acted since your return, I don't think you'd be a good fit.

Hey there @Dragon Paws

Unfortunately I don't think that you would be a fit for the team currently. 
While yes, we do need somebody that is AUS based or in that general time zone, we manage just fine currently.

That being said, one of the reasons I don't believe you would be a fit are because you don't handle pressure very well.
There have been numerous occasions where you've come to staff and when you didn't get the answer you liked it's seemingly "the end of the world." 
As a staff member, there will be times where you'll be put in uncomfortable situations with players and have to make decisions that aren't always going to put you in a favorable light with those same players. 

Another reason is that you sometimes try and play both sides of a coin. What I mean by this is there has been at least one occasion where you were a part of 1 group and then bs'd them for another group that you were actually a part of the whole time, essentially spying. Sure, this was PvP related but it's a huge trust factor for the staff team to be able to trust that you are able to be a team player and have our backs if need be. We also need to be able to trust that nothing will be leaked etc.

Please don't take any of this the wrong way either. This is just criticisms based on things I've personally seen and among some things you need to work on to build trust with people. 
I'd hope you continue to work on things and then apply at a later date.

14 hours ago, Raw said:

Hey there @Dragon Paws

Unfortunately I don't think that you would be a fit for the team currently. 
While yes, we do need somebody that is AUS based or in that general time zone, we manage just fine currently.

That being said, one of the reasons I don't believe you would be a fit are because you don't handle pressure very well.
There have been numerous occasions where you've come to staff and when you didn't get the answer you liked it's seemingly "the end of the world." 
As a staff member, there will be times where you'll be put in uncomfortable situations with players and have to make decisions that aren't always going to put you in a favorable light with those same players. 

Another reason is that you sometimes try and play both sides of a coin. What I mean by this is there has been at least one occasion where you were a part of 1 group and then bs'd them for another group that you were actually a part of the whole time, essentially spying. Sure, this was PvP related but it's a huge trust factor for the staff team to be able to trust that you are able to be a team player and have our backs if need be. We also need to be able to trust that nothing will be leaked etc.

Please don't take any of this the wrong way either. This is just criticisms based on things I've personally seen and among some things you need to work on to build trust with people. 
I'd hope you continue to work on things and then apply at a later date.

Hey, thanks for the feedback.

I would like to point out however is whoever has given you that information about spying on other clans is false, I've been in a few clans and I've not spied inside them for another clan before. If you're referring to the wildy bois one again as I've also had someone ask if i spied inside there, I was inside the discord still whilst not opening it or even having touched runex for many months, I and many others were kicked in that discord due to them having a spy in there and people had thought it was me, even though I hadn't touched runex or that discord in at least 6 months, I'm not trying to argue or say you're lying of course, just putting out there that the information you got is false.

As for the "end of the world" part, I wouldn't go that far, But will admit to the fact I do really dislike it due to asking 3 mods 1 question and getting 2-3 separate answers, and when said answer could lead to a potential jail and/or ban I'd really prefer if all staff members were on the same page about it.

Again though thank you for your feedback and will take it on board for the future and to better myself and better prepare for it later on if it's decided I wish to again go for a staff ranking in this server!

• Like 1