Noah

QnA for Staff/Devs

Sup,

For a while now i have been wanting to see more communication from Staff/Owners so instead of waiting for someone else to do it i'm gonna start it off and see if the question get answered. (YOLO ammirite)

Q for Ryan: Through its ups and down Runex has had a pretty good community for a good couple of years now, When the player count drops what motivates you to keep putting in the effort?

A: (one day i hope we get an answer ~Noah)

Q for Nate: Out of the 3 devs we see you the most on Discord interacting with the community and even though sometimes is doesn't end good you still keep trying, What keeps you wanting to keep trying to be interactive with the people that more times than not just criticize you?

A: (Pull through for us Nate ~Noah)

Q for Ramzi: You are not someone we see talk pretty much ever but from people within the staff team i hear good things, What is one thing you would personally like to see change within Runex Forums (since as far as i know you are our forum guy, correct me if im wrong)?

A: (fingers crossed ~Noah)

Q for James: As our community Manager (don't know what your actual task list is ngl) you interact with people quite often but my question doesn't involve that and is more personal, Following in the footsteps of Kong did you ever feel like those footprints were bigger than expected?

A:

Q for Raw: As some or more idk might know a few years back you stopped being staff for a bit, What made you rethink that and made you become staff member again?

A: 

If people have other question that don't involve "update loc" or some other dumb shit please feel free to share them and if they are good i'll add them to the list in hopes of answers.

If anyone can push this to the people who i named here so we have a bigger chance for answers please do i'm lazy and don't wanna dm people.

If you are currently staff and i didn't mention you it means i either don't know you enough to have a question or i just couldn't think of one, no hard feelings right?

Here's to hoping this doesn't fail even though it probably will :)

~Noah

Edited by Noah
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Noah said:

Q for Raw: As some or more idk might know a few years back you stopped being staff for a bit, What made you rethink that and made you become staff member again?

It's a long story so i'm not going to get into all the small details but to keep my answer somewhat short i'll give you a brief summary.

I was actually removed from the staff team for going back and forth and arguing with a select group of players that I had a falling out with. Things got to the point where I felt the need to respond back to those select people and in doing so I was disregarding what I was told to do.

To fully answer your question though, after my dismissal I took a good 6 month break from anything to do with Runex. Of course I still stayed in contact with the people on the server I was friends with and eventually came back and played the game and took part in the community again. After a bit I started helping the staff team again with catching rwters etc. and then eventually as time passed I received the opportunity to come back to the team. What made me rethink everything was that while helping Kong and James, I really missed the work I did for the game and community from a staff perspective.

I hope that helps you understand a bit more from my perspective.

-------------------------------

Thanks again for the QnA, I'll see what I can do about forwarding the thread on to see if we can get some responses from the higher ups.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Q for James: As our community Manager (don't know what your actual task list is ngl) you interact with people quite often but my question doesn't involve that and is more personal, Following in the footsteps of Kong did you ever feel like those footprints were bigger than expected?

I appreciate the question, and it's not personal at all.

To explain my role as the community manager it's as follows:

• I'm at the head of the staff team, anything that needs to be resolved that needs a big decision comes through myself, I'm the person that looks for new staff applicants, as well as promoting those people I/we feel would do well as a staff member.
  • I'm one of the admins that can take care of certain things such as PIN/PASS resets aswell as some log checks if necessary. 
  • I try and host in-game activities for the community, but recently they've been lack luster but I'm doing my best to work on this!
  • There is more in the background, but it's not really anything that is worth mentioning.

----

As for your question:

Kong was one of the greatest staff members RuneX had and more than likely will have. He worked his ass off for this server and he still continues too to this day.

I'll never be able to fill his footsteps, but I'm hoping that I can create my own next to his that will make myself a known entity in the community. I don't want to be known as the community manager that just logs in from time to time, I want to be around everyone doing activities with all of you. I do my best with what I'm given depending on what day it is. I can only do what I can.

I know I have not been around as much as I should be in everyone else's opinion, but I'm going to try and become more of an active CM. All I can do is try.

I hope that this answers your question and hopefully, you will see me stick to my words with my answer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Haven’t seen one of these in a while, so I really appreciate your effort! Good questions aswell 😊