Sign in to follow this  
bigboibaddy

Ubuntu Unable to log in

Description:
I am trying to run the client on Ubuntu on an Arm device. Since java is universal, I do not think the platform I am using is the problem. 

The following error happens and the program basically halts. Not allowing me to progress further into the login:

java.net.SocketException: Permission denied (ioctl(SIOCGIFHWADDR) failed)               at java.base/java.net.NetworkInterface.getMacAddr0(Native Method)
        at java.base/java.net.NetworkInterface.getHardwareAddress(NetworkInterface.java:516)
        at rs.k.a.c(Unknown Source)                                                     at rs.k.a.e(Unknown Source)                                                     at rs.Client.a(Unknown Source)                                                  at rs.Client.az(Unknown Source)
        at rs.Client.m(Unknown Source)                                                  at rs.au.run(Unknown Source)
        at rs.Client.run(Unknown Source)                                                at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829)
Exception in thread "Thread-5" java.lang.NullPointerException                           at rs.k.a.e(Unknown Source)
        at rs.Client.a(Unknown Source)                                                  at rs.Client.az(Unknown Source)                                                 at rs.Client.m(Unknown Source)                                                  at rs.au.run(Unknown Source)                                                    at rs.Client.run(Unknown Source)                                                at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829)

How or when it occurs:

Step 1: Run the client
java -jar Runex.jar
java -jar client.jar
Step 2: Log in w/ correct credentials.

I have tried both of jar files. I assume I get the same error, but it only shows it when i run the client.jar. It doesn't show much when running through the runex.jar.

Screenshots/video if available:
Imagine the login screen, but frozen

This is what it says with java -jar runex.jar 
Loader initialized!                                                           Checking for updates..                                                       Client up to date!                                                            Launching at -Xmx2048m                                                        Detected non-windows operating system