Bowl

Random Ideas

Hey so I've been playing the server for a few years and I thought I'd throw out some input for updates that I feel fit the osrs/custom hybrid runex has going on. I'm not the best at typing out long form suggestions so excuse any mistypes or weird formatting. :)

Elite Barrows

This would be a random roll from completing a normal barrows run. Similar to how you spawn a mimic in osrs you would be asked if you want to 'upgrade your loot' when looting the chest and be taken to a 6 on 1 custom fight between all the brothers similar to Rise of the Six. Defeating them would let you loot the chest with a common roll for all the barrows gear and an uncommon chance at an enchanted version of the existing gear (examples below). There were two ways I could see this gear working; 

1) you would get a 'barrows shard' and attach it to the gear that would have stronger effects than its normal counter part but would have no way to charge them so they would break after 10 hours of use. 

2)you would flat out get the enchanted pieces of the gear and you could break down normal barrows gear into shards to charge the enchanted gear.

I wouldn't know what would be balanced for the game so these are some rough ideas for the enchanted versions of the gear that could have niche uses around the game 

Dharok's (e) : When the full set is equipped you would be brought down to 1HP and remain there until one of the pieces are taken off. The set would have increased strength then its unenchanted counterpart. 

Guthan's (e): When the full set is equipped there is a greatly improved chance to sap health from your enemy. This set would have higher defense then its unenchanted counterpart

Karil's (e): When the full set is equipped you have a 25% chance to sap your opponents run energy for 10% if you hit. This set would have a ranged strength bonus when the full set is equipped.

Chaotic's 

Currently the Chaotic's are a good weapon for newer players but become RC fodder pretty quick. There are upgraded versions of these but by the time you get the ancient relic it's use is worth saving for the enchantment chest. I suggest that the ancient relic is left for purely enchanting and that there's a new item named the 'chaotic shard' added to a few mid-game bosses (example: KQ, Mole, Kraken, Barrows Chest's & Chaotic Mystery Boxes). Similar to how crystal keys drop, these would appear in your inventory after a kill with a text like " you discovered a chaotic shard after defeating 'x' enemy". These drops would not be added to collection logs of these monsters. The reasoning for suggesting this is because its obvious newer players are curious about this upgrade but it's always regarded as being so useless by the experienced players. Upgraded Chaotics could also be a good middle ground of equipment before K-spears and other weapons. 

Jars

I'm unsure how much work this would take but having a room similar to the Achievement Gallery where there could be some custom places to show off PvM achievements like a hung up Comp or a pile of rune coins. Anyways, I wasn't really sure what the limitations were so I didn't brainstorm the custom content that could go into a room like that but one thing that could be interesting would be the Jar Display. If there were a way to implement this I would suggest that having a jar display in your house would give you passive buffs against that boss. a few examples could be seen below. I honestly think my suggestions are pretty lame but the ideas of jars giving passive buffs could be good for seasoned PvMer's looking for a way to make point farming or collect log completion a bit easier. 

Kraken: improved rate of a superior spawning by 10%.

Cerberus: reduced prayer drain by 75%.

Zulrah: He is not able to spawn any minions. 

Collection Log and Highscores 

These two things really have a great motivator for a lot of players to move forward with their accounts and it would be nice to see a few tweaks to both of them.

The Collection Log has really nice benefits from completing logs but something that I've like to work towards with some bosses worth grinding is getting two/three of every item. Being able to 'prestige' the log for rewards to show off like for a random example, 5x completions of the kraken log awards you with a golden tentacle that you can use on your pet to have a golden kraken. Just like other suggestions I don't have the best ideas but they are place holders for hopefully someone else who might like the idea to get a bit more creative with it.

The Highscores are a bit strange, players who newly gained max exp seem to pass others and it would be nice if that was tweaked so people hold their respected ranks on the highscores. Another thing that's probably been suggested a thousand times but I'm going to add it on here is boss high scores! Something that isn't as static as someone getting 200m all and that's it but people being able to show off their absurdly high kraken kc. 

Task Scrolls

Currently a player can only hold one task scroll at a time on their account which I'm guessing is due to some form of engine limitations. I'd like to suggest if possible allowing the player to hold a task scroll from two different categories, one easy/medium/hard task and one elite/master task at a time. Ironman have to drop a lot of clues due to item limitations that can come from other tasks making this a tedious process. I'd all see this as a QOL for players that enjoy doing lower level task scrolls but don't want to drop their master task that they've been working on for the past couple of days. 

Thats all I have for now, I might post another one if I ever can think of enough random things that I think would be cool for the server to grow, thanks for the read if you made it this far and I would love some feedback good or bad. :)

• Like 1

i'm not a fan of the barrows. but anything to spice up barrows i guess, if it counts for the 500 achievement lol 

perhaps if you needed 50 of the chaotic shards. I don't mind taking out the ancient relic part and replacing it with this.

"Cerberus: reduced prayer drain by 75%." this will never happen. It would bring back heavy afk cerberus, Ryan wouldn't allow it. I'd prefer more boss perks, and slayer perk tree.

a highscore update would be pretty cool, with the collection log added in there too. but I don't think its a high priority right now.

not every task scroll is supposed to be completable. they are meant to be dropped. I've had 1k+ task bottles on my ironman. I do believe the task scrolls are going to be updated, I'm not sure when.

Edited by brane ded

6 minutes ago, brane ded said:

i'm not a fan of the barrows. but anything to spice up barrows i guess, if it counts for the 500 achievement lol 

perhaps if you needed 50 of the chaotic shards. I don't mind taking out the ancient relic part and replacing it with this.

"Cerberus: reduced prayer drain by 75%." this will never happen. It would bring back heavy afk cerberus, Ryan wouldn't allow it. I'd prefer more boss perks, and slayer perk tree.

a highscore update would be pretty cool, with the collection log added in there too. but I don't think its a high priority right now.

not every task scroll is supposed to be completable. they are meant to be dropped. I've had 1k+ task bottles on my ironman. I do believe the task scrolls are going to be updated, I'm not sure when.

I agree with cerberus. I should of made more of a point that I wasn't fully recommending some of these things and it was more of place holder of an example with a main idea floating around. 

Task scrolls are meant to be dropped, ain't nobody alching 4 tbows or what ever they're asking for lol. But I do think that being able to break up the grind from masters to a couple easy tasks for a daily challenge breaks up the grind. 

38 minutes ago, Bowl said:

Task Scrolls

Currently a player can only hold one task scroll at a time on their account which I'm guessing is due to some form of engine limitations. I'd like to suggest if possible allowing the player to hold a task scroll from two different categories, one easy/medium/hard task and one elite/master task at a time. Ironman have to drop a lot of clues due to item limitations that can come from other tasks making this a tedious process. I'd all see this as a QOL for players that enjoy doing lower level task scrolls but don't want to drop their master task that they've been working on for the past couple of days. 

I big dumb disregard this 

Edited by Black Wax

Just now, Black Wax said:

I dont like this because you can just keep an easy or medium task scroll and only get hards from basic task bottles, or do the same with masters/grandmasters

I think he's meaning you can keep 1 easy, med, or hard. along with 1 elite or master. so you can only have 2 tasks at a time.

Oh right, i miss read that completely thats my bad, I like the jar idea but with different effects, i dont like the cerb one especially, it would make cerb too afk and too easy. i think a good effect would be something like 2.5% chance at a double drop, or a little extra drop rate 

19 hours ago, brane ded said:

I think he's meaning you can keep 1 easy, med, or hard. along with 1 elite or master. so you can only have 2 tasks at a time.

Correct! I made the suggestion that way on purpose so farming wouldn't be easy. Master Task bottle's probably would need to be changed so you couldn't farm elites clues.

19 hours ago, Black Wax said:

Oh right, i miss read that completely thats my bad, I like the jar idea but with different effects, i dont like the cerb one especially, it would make cerb too afk and too easy. i think a good effect would be something like 2.5% chance at a double drop, or a little extra drop rate 

I like the suggestion a lot more! I had never really farmed cerb on here so I never thought 75% would be such a big deal but maybe 15-20% would be a bit less OP and help with afk.