I've noticed that a lot of people are having complaints (anal pain) about the enchanting rates for certain types of gear. They state that the dry streaks with gear such as e void and fighters torso are way too common and that the rates seem more like a 1 out of 10 chance rather than a 1 out of 3. Granted there are a certain few that can enchant these on the first go but rarely do we come across people receiving it on the average drop rate as you'd expect.

I'm assuming that if there is something wrong with the code it should be fixed of course but even if this is just a complete stroke of unluck with majority of the server then I have a proposition.

To combat dry streaks from the enchanting chest I have an idea for a new mechanic to do with enchanting rates:

Every time you fail to enchant an item, the success rate for the next try exponentially increases but +10% of the current success rate

Therefore if you have a 33% chance to succeed and you fail, the next rate would be 10% of 33.33... which is 3.33% added to the current value to create the new success rate of 36.66%. This would constantly increase each failure just slightly more than the last and once you finally succeed then the rate drops back to the original value for the same mechanic to repeat. 

This means if you failed the enchant 8 times, the success rate would have increased to 71.4% and you'd have a slight higher chance to succeed the next one.

Of course this is such a slight increase that there would be no drastic change to game play, the only people affected are the ones who go extremely dry with enchants. I would personally set the increase % slightly higher but 10% is a fair value which doesn't affect the game too much.

Let me know what you think of the current state of enchanting chests and what are your personal enchant chest rates?

ench.png

Edited by virgin fuck
  • Like 1

Would be nice if u would get 100% after u will reach those "rates" like 1 in 10 for imbuing crystal, ive had 3 crystals in over 50 rolls... i could work like that if u wont get it in 10 rolls u get guaranteed 11 try u will get crystal and after succesful enchant it will reset ... but it will get -1 from everyone for sure

I'd love to see that, reminds me of the whole enhancing system from Black Desert Online. Personally I think it should be like black deserts system where after a certain amount of enhancing your % can't go any higher even if you keep failing.

Just because something might be a 50% chance, doesn’t mean that you will get a success every other attempt, you can get super unlucky to roll a 1-5 (success zone) on a 10 sided dice, that’s just RNG my dude.. it happens.

I know RNG can be a bitch and it's theoretically possible to fail 100 enchants...

But this is a RSPS with tons of original coding and it is bound to have some bugs. I don't see any harm in testing the system or rechecking the code to see if the % system is working properly.

If majority of the server is just hitting this terrible RNG by chance then I suggest a solution to massive cuck streaks as well ☺️

The current way is an item sink for some of the better items in the game, thus it keeps the price high.

It's freaking annoying to fail multiple times, but it keeps prices stable which is good for everybody long run.

-1 from me

+1 for me. I do not believe it will destabilize the market as you still have gather the material and items from failing it multiple times.