Sign in to follow this  
tranquil

Demonic gorillas :c

Completely agree. 

They path to melee even with a ranged attack but still act super wonky.

Maybe not a full revert on them but something should definitely be looked at with them

I'll test it later myself, but could anybody elaborate (with some detail) on what's wrong with the new mechanics?

It may be because of the damage threshold, which is now supposed to be switching protections after 50 damage received

The previous/old mechanic was random and I believe it took longer (more than 50+ damage) to switch protections.

10 hours ago, Ryan said:

I'll test it later myself, but could anybody elaborate (with some detail) on what's wrong with the new mechanics?

It may be because of the damage threshold, which is now supposed to be switching protections after 50 damage received

The previous/old mechanic was random and I believe it took longer (more than 50+ damage) to switch protections.

They walk up to you instead of ranging from distance like good bois. 

hit predictor lags when killing them. I'm used to watching the hit splats to know when to switch styles, but the hits are so far behind it feels like a mess.  

at 380hp for a gorilla, you have them pray switching up to 7 times per kill :c just makes them more intensive than ever to kill 

On 2/28/2021 at 5:54 AM, Ryan said:

It wasn't random before im 99% sure it was every 100 damage instead.
- The 50 damage is annoying because runex doesn't have spell memory either (if you switch from staff to scythe and back to staff it doesnt remember last used autocast. So you gotta reselect it all over again. This is tedious when you have to switch every hit.)

- They now always try to move melee distance instead of attacking with ranged from a distance making them a lot more annoying to deal with prayer wise.

- Hit predictor falls way behind for some reason. Instead of showing 1 additive number for what you hit on 4 demonics at the same time, it shows all 4 different hits making it a chaotic mess.

- After they spawn the first tiniest amount of damage makes them pray said style, rather than waiting for that 50 damage to be dealt.

Edited by MGI Raimon

Their prayer switching seems fine, but the fact that they auto resort to running to melee distance is annoying af. Unless you trap them and stack them, you're guaranteed to take multiple hits until they get into melee range. They used to auto resort to range which was nice. With the new pray mechanics, they'd still be a decent bit harder then before if reverted back to range attacks first.

previously, they changed pray after 70 damage