Sign in to follow this  
James

Community Poll - New information!

Community Poll - What's next for RuneX, the power is in your hands.  

131 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What's next for RuneX?

• Kharazi Overhaul & Expansion (see info in post)
    • Raid updates
    • Log checking software
    • The Gauntlet/Corrupted Gauntlet
    • Elite achievement diaries
    • Skilling updates/QoL's
    • PvP/Wilderness changes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/05/21 at 12:01 AM

Hey everyone!

I'm re-creating the community poll as I have some new information about a couple of subjects and an extra one I'd like to add to see what you guys want Ryan and Nate to work on first.

I'm going to list some of the information down below:

Some of the information will be the same as before as I've not had anymore information about those subjects.

Kharazi updates:

• This would be a huge overhaul with the Kharazi mini-game:
    • Items in Kharazi would now be sent to players banks/coffers every 1st day of the month. This includes items equipped on accounts in Kharazi, and items in storage chests. Storage chest slot unlocks will NOT reset though.
    • As a result, Kharazi will be a much more even playing field, and a fun "race to the top" every month. 75%+ of players will no longer be so far behind those with 2+ years of supplies & gear stacked up in their storage
    • We will scale Kharazi monster difficulty & rewards relative to this new meta
    • New "Kharazi perk tree" that costs trading sticks, accessible both in & outside of Kharazi.
    • Perks will be fair / balanced, and will not have very much to do with PvP or combat (otherwise it'd defeat the purpose of this overhaul)
    • NEW content and Ape Atoll expansion in the Kharazi jungle to cover more area & rewards. "Jungle gorillas" with a great zenyte shard drop rate! With the proposed monthly reset, it won't just be the top veterans dominating this new content 24/7!
    • If time permits, new skilling content & viability in the jungle!

Raids updates:

• This update will include:
    • Changes to CoX/ToB.
    • A potential modifier that changes how the raid is run, could change how the bosses work or could even bring in a new boss.
    • Potential loot table change.

Log checking software:

• This software would be created so that James, our community manager would be able to help out alongside Ramzi with tickets, log checks and would be able to resolve some things in a more efficient and timely manner for the community.
    • This would have to be worked on over a content update as it would be a pretty big thing to create whilst making it safe and simple enough to use.
    • This is purely something that would help out our staff team with background work when it comes to any sort of log checks, tickets that need logs to be checked, etc.

PvP/Wilderness updates:

• We'll be working on combat improvements
    • Re-balancing some of our items for PvP (Ex. Divine's, Elysian's and some of our custom weaponry)
    • Cursed Caverns expansion
    • Much more

Skilling updates/QoL's:

• Tree farming
    • New herb patches
    • Interface changes
    • New skilling methods
    • Skilling master updates

Elite achievement diary:

• This updates will include:
    • More new achievements, that require you to be at the end-game to complete.
    • Completionist cape (t) - New customisation methods etc.

The Gauntlet/Corrupted Gauntlet:

• The Gauntlet, aswell as the corrupted version
    • The new crystal armour, as well as the Blade of Saeldor.

You are able to vote for as many of the options as you wish.

This is just the beginning of the changes we have in mind, but we want you guys to decide what we need to focus on first.

To everyone that votes, please make sure you vote for the ones you want to be focused on first. Sadly whatever you pick might not make it to the first position, but you need to do what you can to make it there.

Thank you everyone, stay safe and have a great day!

(Disclaimer, anyone voting on mutliple accounts will be punished accordingly

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

would love to see gauntlet introduced even if it didn't drop anything huge and mainly just dragon items with runecoin value.

Runex is LONG overdue pvp updates, the current state of pvp is completely broken and is in dire need of some work (magic accuracy formulations, melee special weapon accuracies, various escape methods being introduced)

Seeing as there are new youtubers being contracted and they are 100% going to bring in players that like to take part in both pvp and pvm aspects of the game, meanwhile, pvm is quite stable since the addition of eGWD etc. But terrible pvp keeps seeing a constant loss of new players that spend time to max an account then quit because pvp is aids.

• Like 2

Just now, Drugs said:

Runex is LONG overdue pvp updates, the current state of pvp is completely broken and is in dire need of some work (magic accuracy formulations, melee special weapon accuracies, various escape methods being introduced)

The magic accuracy formula has already changed recently like 2 updates back I believe. It's a lot better than it was before and people in black dhide and a dinh's aren't as OP as they were before. I agree with you on the melee spec wep accuracy because they're generally ass. On Runex maybe changing the wilderness lines to coincide with OsRs would help with escape methods. Other than that I think escape methods are fine cause it's not too hard to escape a pker atm unless you're in multi and a team comes. 

Unfortunately I don't ever see Runex being a decent server to pk on and that's just from playing and advocating for pking based updates since 2017 when I started. I'm not saying stop asking for pking updates I'm just trying to say I don't see a full combat system overhaul happening any time soon and before decent PvP updates the whole combat triangle and system really needs work.

I beg for some skilling updates/qols. I’d love to see hespori, maybe a custom form of wintertodt and other good skilling minigames from osrs. Possibly the crystal saw from osrs for a construction exp boost or material save. 

With completionist (t) I’d like to see maybe a 200m all req with it. But the stat increase on it, is based on the game mode youre playing. So prime uim would most likely have the highest stat increase, due to the difficulty. 

39 minutes ago, Raw said:

The magic accuracy formula has already changed recently like 2 updates back I believe. It's a lot better than it was before and people in black dhide and a dinh's aren't as OP as they were before. I agree with you on the melee spec wep accuracy because they're generally ass. On Runex maybe changing the wilderness lines to coincide with OsRs would help with escape methods. Other than that I think escape methods are fine cause it's not too hard to escape a pker atm unless you're in multi and a team comes. 

Unfortunately I don't ever see Runex being a decent server to pk on and that's just from playing and advocating for pking based updates since 2017 when I started. I'm not saying stop asking for pking updates I'm just trying to say I don't see a full combat system overhaul happening any time soon and before decent PvP updates the whole combat triangle and system really needs work.

I get this but pvp updates were polled up there too, Ryan himself knows that pvp needs a lot of work done to it, but this don’t just affect PvP, a combat overhaul would benefit pvm too.

Theres no good servers hat I’ve found as of yet that cater for pvp and pvm qualities, but yeah, wilderness lines to be fixed would be an amazing step forward and wouldn’t even take a massive amount of time to do.

Edited by Drugs

Id love a kharazi update but i feel like reseting it every month is tooo often, it just makes farming the new content way harder then it needs to be and farming the old content harder as well 

3 minutes ago, Black Wax said:

Id love a kharazi update but i feel like reseting it every month is tooo often, it just makes farming the new content way harder then it needs to be and farming the old content harder as well 

Keep in mind we'd re-balance all the content in Kharazi, relative to the fact that monthly resets are a thing.

Mid-tier gear will be more relevant, and we'd also potentially add new custom kharazi gear that hits those lower tier marks (obtainable via new skilling methods in Kharazi via smithing/crafting/fletching/etc. and/or monster drops) 

2 hours ago, James said:

Items in Kharazi would now be sent to players banks/coffers every 1st day of the month. This includes items equipped on accounts in Kharazi, and items in storage chests. Storage chest slot unlocks will NOT reset though.

Just toss me some bonds for my pain and suffering due to losing my lifes work. :P

Would love to see big updates on skilling. Some ways to actually make decent money via skilling.

More skilling tasks and task streaks like on slayer. Maybe prize boxes/chests added on reward shop. Currently only thing worth to buy from shop is ancient urn imo. 25 skilling pts for bag of tokens is ridiculous price, so is 10 points for normal xp lamp.