Iron Skillet

GIM Vault

Normally I'd make a very formal post when it comes to suggestions but going to keep this short and sweet.

The 50k rune coins requirement for unlocking the vault is insane. My IRL friends and I joined the server a couple of weeks ago with high hopes of the GIM mode but were in complete shock with the 50k requirement once we realize how slowly you get them. In my opinion I'd raise the achievements requirement and remove the rune coins requirement completely. Maybe there's something I'm missing and maybe this vault is OP, but I'll never know because of that 50k rune coins. It's pretty bad when the Iron man guides on the forums tell you not to unlock it because it's not worth it.

Thanks,

- Iron Skillet

Edited by Iron Skillet

@Fr0dko that is exactly my point, "share passwords". So sad that there's a vault you could use, you could unlock, but people just say "share passwords". Why even have the vaults if nobody is willing to unlock them because they cost so dang much? 

The reason that there is a cost for Vault is simply due to the fact it adds a ton of lines in RuneX code for player data.

So Ryan/Nate felt it was best to put it behind a steep wall so every GIM team didn't instantly unlock it.

You can always bypass this like Frodko said with sharing passwords. If your'e doing a GIM you should be with players you trust anyways.

I don't remember the exact wording Ryan and Nate had used about the player data and vaults, but its round about what I mentioned.

Loads more player data for vault = bad for server stability

Edited by RogueMX

52 minutes ago, Iron Skillet said:

@Fr0dko that is exactly my point, "share passwords". So sad that there's a vault you could use, you could unlock, but people just say "share passwords". Why even have the vaults if nobody is willing to unlock them because they cost so dang much? 

Well people often forgot to put shit insinde, we are using it only for lucks mostly and when we are lazy to log 2 accounts or some shit like that, for me they could delete it and i wouldnt mind if u could somehow buy that perks for group

With vault you also unlock to trade stuff that should not be tradeable. Rune coins, xp tokens and luck tokens.
And realisticly 50k rune coins to gather for 5 people is little to nothing. some teams have it worse having less active members but that make the vault less relevant.

There is never a most to have this vault if you want it then pay the cost, we aimed to unlock the vault as early as possible since we wanted it and I dont regret it in any regards.