Aaron m

Raids Suggestions

Now may not be the best time to post suggestions as we have an ongoing poll at the moment for what the community wants. However, I want to post some of my suggestions regarding raids and I encourage you guys to express your feelings down below. 

1. Add purple chests to COX and TOB. When someone has a rare loot item in the chest at the end of the raid, a purple light glimmers over the chest. This may be more difficult due to the ability of our fairy pet; however, players would just have to drop the fairy before Olm is killed or before entering the loot room in TOB. OSRS Ironman Episode 15 - First solo CoX purple - YouTube

2. Give raids pets abilities for their respective room. Unlike Spawnpk which simply has a 25% damage increase for the pets in that specific room, I would rather ours have more unique abilities. In order to promote more diversity in gear and weapons used, the pets would give a boost to one specific attack style. An example of this would be that the Vasa Nistirio pet gives a 20% damage boost on all magic attacks in that particular room. In this case, you might be better off using magic here if you have the pet, rather than melee which we typically see. 

3. Give a buff to some of the raids weapons for their respective raid only. Obviously Scythe, Twisted Bow, and Sang staff do not need any buffs. Rather, making the Ghrazi rapier stronger in TOB only and buffing the Elder maul, Dragon claws, and Vespine shortbow for COX could be very beneficial. The buff could be as simple as a 20% damage increase and possibly a small accuracy bonus as well. This way these weapons would be more sought after and would be much more viable in raids. 

4. Changes to the scroll of rigour and augury. There's two ways to go about these changes. Either we remove them from the Runex point store and Donator chests, or we just remove them from COX. If it is an item obtained through raids only, it would be much more valuable. And if we remove them from COX, or at least the rare drop table rate, I would want them to be replaced by Kodai and Twisted shards on the collection log.

5. Lastly, this is something I would be hesitant to add. A raids perk tree similar to our boss points tree. The breakdown for how points are acquired would work as such: Normal raid = 1.0 points, Adept raid = 1.5 points, Expert raid = 2 points, Master raid = 2.5 points, and a Grandmaster raid = 3 points. The tree would simply act as an additional incentive to do harder difficulty raids and provide an additional bonus for those with more raids completed. The boosts in the tree would have to be minimal so it isn't too OP. The first perk could be a 5% increase in accuracy which would cost 100 raids points. The next perk would be a 10% accuracy increase in raids (doesn't stack with previous perks) for 250 points. Then I think in order to make it interesting, the tree would split into 3 branches, melee, range, and magic. Melee 1 (same as Range 1 and Mage 1) costs 400 points for a 5% increase in damage for that attack style. The next perk would then be Melee 2 (or Range 2/ Mage 2) which would cost 800 points for a 10% increase in damage for that attack style. The last 2 perks would be Luck 1 and Luck 2 which provide a 10% and 20% increased chance to receive a rare drop in the Raids loot chest. Use my awful drawing in Paint as reference.be27d166aecd16eee3512fcc5757ec92.png

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Aaron m said:

1. Add purple chests to COX and TOB.

+1 way more attractive in general to build that hype.

6 minutes ago, Aaron m said:

2. Give raids pets abilities for their respective room. Unlike Spawnpk which simply has a 25% damage increase for the pets in that specific room, I would rather ours have more unique abilities. In order to promote more diversity in gear and weapons used, the pets would give a boost to one specific attack style. An example of this would be that the Vasa Nistirio pet gives a 20% damage boost on all magic attacks in that particular room. In this case, you might be better off using magic here if you have the pet, rather than melee which we typically see. 

I dont dislike the idea but either make em useful or do nothing honestly. Using mage at vasa for example is so unbelievably useless compared to melee it shouldn't even be on the table. 
I'd prefer raw damage per room. On top of that it'd be a nice addition if master+ raids could give "metamorphic dust" which could be used on a raids pet to transform it into a different raids pet. 
They'd just have to be really worth using in there as far as i'm concerned, if you want to convince anyone to bring 3-5 different pets into every raid you do.

8 minutes ago, Aaron m said:

3. Give a buff to some of the raids weapons for their respective raid only. Obviously Scythe, Twisted Bow, and Sang staff do not need any buffs. Rather, making the Ghrazi rapier stronger in TOB only and buffing the Elder maul, Dragon claws, and Vespine shortbow for COX could be very beneficial. The buff could be as simple as a 20% damage increase and possibly a small accuracy bonus as well. This way these weapons would be more sought after and would be much more viable in raids. 

But why...
I'd completely rephrase this.
"Give a buff to some of the raids weapons". the end. 
Majority of raid weapons are completely useless as it is and on top of that the few uses they have are mainly for raids. The only exceptions are the sang staff and the scythe. Tbow deserves to be better in more places than it is currently. It should completely annihilate other items like the scorpia bp, zaryte bow and brimstone bow when killing anything with a significant mage level, or on the lower ranged defense side. 
The elder maul is ridiculously bad which i don't understand why or how that is. I've tried using it in pvp and its a 0 machine even though it has a ton of accuraccy in its +crush stat? How is this one of the most deadly ass weapons on spawnpk yet complete doodoo on here. Atleast on NPC's like nightmare it should be a viable option but it just seems... well bad.
Claws could get a little buff but they're also gained from tons of other things so it's barelly even a cox weapon. Vespine bow well... Let's just give that some RC value because we have enough strong ranged weapons as it is. 
If so on TOP of needed buffs for the niche items, there could be an option to make some more useful inside of COX itself as well. Like vespine bow shredding vespula i wouldn't mind i guess.
Also yes the ghrazi rapier does indeed need to be better. End game tob item, one of the BIS weapons of oldschool runescape itself, yet it's near obsolete on runex. Even the upgraded version is so-so in my opinion.

13 minutes ago, Aaron m said:

4. Changes to the scroll of rigour and augury. There's two ways to go about these changes. Either we remove them from the Runex point store and Donator chests, or we just remove them from COX. If it is an item obtained through raids only, it would be much more valuable. And if we remove them from COX, or at least the rare drop table rate, I would want them to be replaced by Kodai and Twisted shards on the collection log.

+1. Either get rid of them or add some value. I don't even care too much what way. Rune coin value, sell back to runex store value for points or whatever. Just anything to change them from the dust collecting item they are now.

Point 5 is not something I agree with as it kind of heavily contradicts the current raid system we have with it's difficulties.

For my own additional suggestion i'd say a challenge mode raids on runex would be nice.
- In this gamemode you fight EVERY boss the raid has to offer. This obviously only influences COX as tob is always the same bosses.
- Bosses receive some new mechanics that involve prayer switching, dodging (falling roof objects), luring (f.e make it stand on a certain tile similiar to hydra to de-active a defense/attack).
- Protection prayers will now only block 70% of damage dealt to the player of what would have normally been 100%. For example tekton, vespula, vanguards, all tob bosses etc. now all hit through prayer. This means you'll need to come up with some new strategies to do them. The previous point made could also influence this by for example making it so you can no longer just DD vanguards and blood barrage them casually (rock falling on your head for 90 damage for example if you dont pay attention).

This challenge mode can be flicked on or off and stacks WITH the current gamemodes. So you can go from normal to grandmaster challenge mode raids. It's an option not mandatory.
In return:
- Increases droprates depending on gamemode (to never make it too crazy on grandmaster for example)*
- Some new uniques like the metamorphic dust to change pets or some other cool use for it.
- Odds of hitting the low-tier rares from COX get decreased. Meaning you'll see less prayer scrolls, DHCB's, dinh's, bucklers, molten items, claws that kinda deal. Could be done for example that if you land on one of the items in that list it has a 1/2 chance to reroll it (this would happen instantly before you even open your chest)
- Increased regular loots. More high tier items like ultimate prize boxes, infernal elixirs, runecoin bags and even a chance to hit a zenyte shard.

* If raids don't already work like droprate currently does (100%=base and you go additional from there) then it would be nice if it was made that way. If 100% = guarenteed drop it's just far more limiting in what is possible for the +% on other things.

Anyway nice post, agree on some points disagree on some others.

• Like 2

On 1/20/2021 at 12:32 PM, Aaron m said:

Now may not be the best time to post suggestions as we have an ongoing poll at the moment for what the community wants. However, I want to post some of my suggestions regarding raids and I encourage you guys to express your feelings down below. 

1. Add purple chests to COX and TOB. When someone has a rare loot item in the chest at the end of the raid, a purple light glimmers over the chest. This may be more difficult due to the ability of our fairy pet; however, players would just have to drop the fairy before Olm is killed or before entering the loot room in TOB. OSRS Ironman Episode 15 - First solo CoX purple - YouTube

5. Lastly, this is something I would be hesitant to add. A raids perk tree similar to our boss points tree. The breakdown for how points are acquired would work as such: Normal raid = 1.0 points, Adept raid = 1.5 points, Expert raid = 2 points, Master raid = 2.5 points, and a Grandmaster raid = 3 points. The tree would simply act as an additional incentive to do harder difficulty raids and provide an additional bonus for those with more raids completed. The boosts in the tree would have to be minimal so it isn't too OP. The first perk could be a 5% increase in accuracy which would cost 100 raids points. The next perk would be a 10% accuracy increase in raids (doesn't stack with previous perks) for 250 points. Then I think in order to make it interesting, the tree would split into 3 branches, melee, range, and magic. Melee 1 (same as Range 1 and Mage 1) costs 400 points for a 5% increase in damage for that attack style. The next perk would then be Melee 2 (or Range 2/ Mage 2) which would cost 800 points for a 10% increase in damage for that attack style. The last 2 perks would be Luck 1 and Luck 2 which provide a 10% and 20% increased chance to receive a rare drop in the Raids loot chest. Use my awful drawing in Paint as reference.be27d166aecd16eee3512fcc5757ec92.png

Really all points seem like good ideas. nice post