mtstone

Dont have a .runex folder

Whenever press start it says "Client is up to date" Then closes and all the fix guides tell me to delete the .runex folder and the .runex-data folder I only have the latter.

Hey mate, whenever you load up the client click "Repair" and read the on-screen prompt for the issue you're experiencing. This could help with your issue.

x6C7yyR.png

Hey there, I am in the same boat as mtstone.

I have tried all possible combination of repair solutions through the repair tool and also through the forums but one of the things I notice is that I don't have a ".runex" folder either, I only have the ".runex-data" folder

17 minutes ago, Black Robin said:

Hey there, I am in the same boat as mtstone.

I have tried all possible combination of repair solutions through the repair tool and also through the forums but one of the things I notice is that I don't have a ".runex" folder either, I only have the ".runex-data" folder

I even downloaded the Cache and directly forced the ".runex" folder, but that produced the same "Client outdated" and then closes the launcher when its done updating. I try to use the Repair tool then but any of the options I select actually fully remove the ".runex" folder and it never gets recreated

Edited by Black Robin

6 hours ago, Raw said:

Hey mate, whenever you load up the client click "Repair" and read the on-screen prompt for the issue you're experiencing. This could help with your issue.

x6C7yyR.png

I've tried that many many times.

Alright, I'm really not sure how to fix this issue but i'm almost certain it's the launcher causing issues for you. 
Try this. https://runex.io/assets/Runex.jar This is our standalone client without the launcher. Hopefully this should work.

Since you don't have a .Runex it seems like it never able to actually download the client, which in most cases are a Java issue.

Uninstall all versions of Java, then go to this link: https://www.filepuma.com/download/java_runtime_environment_64bit_8.0.2510.8-25279/
Then download the offline java 64x After you re-installed that version of java re-open the client and it should work.

If this does not work please tag me and I will direct you to more niche fixes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Espen said:

Since you don't have a .Runex it seems like it never able to actually download the client, which in most cases are a Java issue.

Uninstall all versions of Java, then go to this link: https://www.filepuma.com/download/java_runtime_environment_64bit_8.0.2510.8-25279/
Then download the offline java 64x After you re-installed that version of java re-open the client and it should work.

That fixed it

Lovely. Welcome to RuneX
Enjoy your stay

On 12/24/2020 at 6:35 PM, Espen said:

I didn't use this exact download - but I found I had JDK 11 installed for other Java development work on my computer which was likely interfering. I uninstalled both the 11 and 8 version and re-installed 8 and that seems to have fixed it, thanks for your help!!