Sign in to follow this  
Raw

Updated Runex Starter guide

Just to start this thread off, I've never properly written a guide before and this is my first time doing so. I'm also not very proficient with forums so I apologize if this looks all over the place to anyone. I decided to write this because I've seen more and more new people unsure of how to start their Runex journeys and I figured having a little direction and knowledge of the things we have would be a nice touch.

To start this off we have several different game modes on Runex ranging from Normal (135x osrs xp) to Prime (3x osrs xp) 
Each game mode has their own perks to them as follows:

Normal (135x xp) 3MQj3X9.png

Hard (50x xp)       opTIATs.png

Supreme (20x xp) 5R1bGnR.png

Prime (x3 xp)        gfWoNH4.png

After choosing your game mode you can either go straight to training or check out the different shops we have for gear. To get to our shops space simply type ::shops in-game. Here you can find shops that have gear for Range, Magic and Melee. as well as some skilling shops, our skillcape store once you've gotten a 99, our donation shop, our achievement shop and much more!

kMjlHCY.png

Now that you've chosen your game mode and checked out our shops. let's take a look at the few client related things we have.
To the left of your minimap you should see this icon pbzlRyQ.png This icon shows our in-game knowledgebase. There are several topics in this knowledgebase that can help you learn a lot more about the server ranging from simple money making, our world events, our rune coin system, places you can use rune coins and even our different donator zones. Here's what that interface looks like. (you can also type ::help in-game to open up the interface.) 

cSh6o9t.png

Underneath the knowledgebase button is this button zjC1QIx.png Which has our gear guide and our rune coin item price checker.
The gear guide shows off many of the unique gear sets and items that we have on Runex ranging from low, mid tier and high tiers of gear. 
If you're wanting to learn about our different gear you can always check here to see the options available to you. Here is what that interface looks like. 
(Please note: Some of the gear in the guides may be outdated due to gear changing or new items being brought in-game.)

tbN4EvY.png

Now that we've covered game modes and a few in-game tools at your disposal, let's talk about training. On Runex there are several different areas you can train. One even being right at home! That's right, we've got Yak's and Chickens at home you can train on. You'll find them right by where you spawned in. 
bV3pKiC.png

On top of this basic training area we also have training teleports you can go to if you'd like to train your skill somewhere else. You can find them in your spellbook from this icon YMjPaWI.png Upon clicking that icon you'll have our training teleport interface up in front of you where you can train a multitude of skills. All with different areas to go to. Check them all out! 

KIFxm1K.png

One of the most popular methods of training combat stats on any server is slayer and Runex has a multitude of slayer options available. Whether you'd like to do brimstone tasks for brimstone keys, boss tasks for slayer xp and boss points or just casual slayer we've got you covered. Just speak to the slayer master right outside of the home bank to get started. 

dYn99PR.pngjn1S6mX.png

We also have a multitude of rewards you can earn from doing slayer such as a Chaotic mystery box which gives you a random chaotic weapon, gloves and boots that boost your damage against slayer targets, Slayer urns which can give you a chance at more loot and the Fused Slayer Helmet which is created by combining our magic, melee, range, prayer and regular slayer helmets + 1,000 slayer points. (With further upgrades for melee, range and magic via the runecoin shop) These are just a few things you can earn from training slayer on Runex. Go ahead and explore the shop for yourself!

tAQgMGH.png

Now that we've spoken about training and you've probably explored a few of the training methods we have Let's talk about bossing. Here on Runex we have our very own boss point perk system. It's a very simple system, when you kill a boss you get boss points. Different bosses yield more points than others so make sure you check with the Beast Master at home who is right outside edgeville bank.

C1NF9L4.png

Upon speaking to the beast master you'll be able to view how many boss points you can receive per boss killed. You can use the slider to see every other boss.

1tLNAbA.png

After checking out the points per boss you can then view our boss point perk tree! There are perks ranging from more gold per boss killed to more boss points per boss kill and even unlocking superior slayer monsters, instanced Kourend slayer. and superior god wars dungeon bosses! Just click the dots on the perk tree for more info. 

1C0RTrm.png

If slayer tasks and bossing isn't your zdY4xC7.png, you can also check out our skilling master right next to the slayer master. He gives you a wide range of skilling tasks you can complete for skilling points.

t59bqB3.pngqVth9nc.png

Speaking of skilling points. you can spend them at his shop for juicy rewards such as dyes for your graceful gear, bags of tokens that you can open to get xp boosting tokens or even luck tokens that give you a 2nd drop chance per monster kill. Check his shop out for yourself.

cDMp9UQ.png

Now that we've covered a lot of the basics let's talk about some of the miscellaneous things we have on Runex such as our different currencies, our achievement system and a few more shops that are noteworthy.

The first currency we'll be talking about are Runex points. You can earn Runex points by killing monsters above level 100, bosses, task bottles and opening point mystery boxes and chests. You can spend these points in a variety of different ways. One of them by speaking to Mandrith at the ::shops teleport. 

Here you can see a variety of different items and gear you can obtain such as a charm collector imp, a fighter torso, void, chaotics and more!

BwMZK34.png 17ZAA56.png

Another place you can spend Runex points is to imbue specific items. You can do this at the ::rc teleport via our Imbue Wizard. 
At this shop you can imbue your rings, magic shortbows, zamorakian spears, tome of fires and more!

a9S5XqM.png

The next thing we're going to cover is lS813pF.png 

Rune coins are one of the main currencies aside from cash that you'll acquire along your journey. You can earn Rune coins by trading items at our Rune coin exchanger. Nearly every item in the game can be exchanged for rune coins. You can get to the exchanger by typing ::rc 
Once you're there, click the machine pictured below and you'll have 3 options.

h7PZyDu.png F7pkDdf.png

You can check out the price guide to see what items have specific Rune coins values, you can view the rune coin shop itself and you can exchange your items. At the Rune coin shop you can purchase a bunch of different upgrades for your account such as a melee, range or magic slayer helm, a currency pouch that holds a multitude of currencies, Rune pouches that give infinite runes (elemental or catalytic) and much more! 

5bJFoYm.pngfB7zByi.png

Please note: If you need more information about rune coins type ::help in-game and read through the rune coin exchange tab.

Next, we're going to talk about 4UIY4j2.png 

Blood money can be earned by killing npc's and bosses in the wilderness, the cursed caverns, bags of riches, sacks of riches, PvP and more.
To get started with spending your blood money there are 2 shops you can go to. The first being right outside home bank with the Wilderness Trader. Here you can buy Blood Orbs which give you a % bonus of blood money from PvP kills & wilderness bosses and also a small drop rate boost. For the skillers there's also a skiller orb that provides 15% more XP and a 10% chance for double loot/resources while skilling. 

5BSVVvZ.pnghk0MnJO.png

You can also check out his main shop. 

xpVGPU1.png

If you're feeling risky you can also check out Larry in the Cursed Caverns. He sells some of the same items that the wilderness trader sells but for a discounted rate. The difference here is that the cursed caverns are a PvP area and is very dangerous because pkers frequent here. 

qpSfZP9.pngxyDMkoA.png

The final thing I'm going to touch on is our achievement system. Runex's achievement system is very diverse, we have over 200 achievements ranging from Easy, Medium and Hard difficulties. Our achievements also branch every single part of the game from skilling, PvMing, Minigames, PvP and more! 

Upon completing a certain achievement you'll be rewarded with a set amount of Runex points based on your game mode, an achievement point or two and a reward for completing the achievement. Here's a look at the achievement interface. 
u9CYe3Z.png

Now that you've seen the achievement system it's time to check out the achievement shop at ::shops
Here you can spend the achievement points you've earned from completing achievements. Don't worry about making a wrong choice though because you can always sell anything you purchase from this shop back to the store for your full points cost back. 

dIuwyRh.png

The items in the achievement shop are very strong and bonus, they're all untradeable! Which means if you die in the wilderness or another dangerous area you keep them. You will have a repair cost though and that varies depending on the item. 

There's a wide range of items from Xp boosting armor, Ardougne cloaks which can teleport you right into a GWD boss room a certain amount of times a day, Crystal weaponry, god books, weight reducing clothing and tons more!

keJI9Nu.pngRDj4Ps7.png

I believe that's everything I wanted to cover here. If you have any questions about content feel free to PM a staff member in-game, on the forums or you can chuck a message into our official discord. Just type ::discord in-game or click join on the front page of the forums. 

I'd like to give a special thanks to @Espen for giving me some ideas on what to put here and some information I didn't have before on some topics. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Very nice simple guide but also indept, this should be a huge help for new players that jump into runex.

I know if i was a new player i would appreciate this guide loads.

Thank you for spending the time to make this guide for the new poops that join runex.

Kind regards,

Abigail

22 minutes ago, RogueMX said:

Should probably include GIM, UIM, HC, & Iron in the game mode section.

I didn't talk about those because those specific modes are pretty much known universally.
I mostly wanted to speak on what is unique to Runex from a starter perspective. 

In the future I could make an ironman guide but i'll be honest, I'm not well versed in ironman content.
I've only really got experience with group iron. 

I might speak with Romp or some other ironmen that have played iron for a while and work on getting one of those done but I'm not quite sure at this time.

• Like 1

Starter guide for a private server......

Sure it is well known within our community, 

But this is a custom private server, things can be different from other servers and how they are implemented 

Just my thoughts

Edited by RogueMX

Great guide, we needed something like this. I agree with rogue on including iron game modes, a guide for it would be great too.

Edited by rc

As a returning player, who has been away for over a year, this guide really helped me - so thank you! 

• Like 1

As a fresh new player to RuneX, this guide was incredibly helpful! im loving the server so far and once i start to get the hang of money making and how things work im sure ill love it even more! Thank you so much!

• Like 1